HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 5:46 PM

WOW! The Fashion District Philadelphia looks amazing so far! What an upgrade for the area. The new Burlington is open and looks very modern, chic, and clean.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
WOW! The Fashion District Philadelphia looks amazing so far! What an upgrade for the area. The new Burlington is open and looks very modern, chic, and clean.
Pics by any chance?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
^ The ZBA is granting a mulligan. They were just too obvious, so they might as well spare themselves the expense and embarrassment of litigation.
Litigation is forthcoming. 100%. Unless they approve in a reconsideration hearing.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Litigation is forthcoming. 100%. Unless they approve in a reconsideration hearing.
Indeed. And I'm sure that's the consensus of the Philadelphia Chapter of the SPBA (SkyscraperPage Bar Association).

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Did you like the exterior upgrades? The last I saw a few weeks ago there were square grayish/black tile paneling that surrounded the ground floor windows and doors all along the first floor that covered up to the white Gallery panelling on the upper floors.

It was nice having the open windows but that particular treatment - which could be what they use for the entire redevelopment didn't look very good - kind of already looked dated and cheap to me. Maybe it's been upgraded since then?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 7:41 PM
build awesome buildings

^I was about to say the same thing. The tile they're using on the facade looks like a bathroom floor from 2005. I'm sure it will look much better when it's covering everything and things are closer to their final form, but I have to share in the disappointment of the materials they're using on the exterior of a project that's going to cost in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Inga goes after the Zoning Board for their ridiculous decision on the Quaker building.

http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...-20170921.html
I'm sure Amazon (and anyone else looking at relocating here) loves hearing about this city government union protectionist BS...

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 1:42 AM

Mom's organic grocery market opened in market east last week. Defiantly going to be a boom with all the towers going up there. Much better than Whole Foods in my opinion, the whole store is actually organic -

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Indeed. And I'm sure that's the consensus of the Philadelphia Chapter of the SPBA (SkyscraperPage Bar Association).
Except I actually know these developers and their GC. We'll see...

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixample View Post
I'm sure Amazon (and anyone else looking at relocating here) loves hearing about this city government union protectionist BS...
Right...Kenney needs to check these ZBA union cronies. There is a way to do it under the radar. He could take care of it an ensure the conversion is approved in the reconsideration hearing...

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Mom's organic grocery market opened in market east last week. Defiantly going to be a boom with all the towers going up there. Much better than Whole Foods in my opinion, the whole store is actually organic -

They need some large pots with plants and flowers all along the store on 11th street. Looks awfully bare.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Except I actually know these developers and their GC. We'll see...
Even better. They'd already announced that they planned to appeal, but I suspect that they won't have to (hopefully).

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
2400 Market is going to look awesome, I think, and certainly quite prominent.

I dont know about that. I had a friend with me from Chicago , we were driving down the Schuylkill and he commented how awesome FMC looked. He then asked what is that( 2400 Market) Is that going to be 90 stories?

Close I said. Just drop the Zero.

Its a nine story stump. .

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandywine Rocks View Post

I dont know about that. I had a friend with me from Chicago , we were driving down the Schuylkill and he commented how awesome FMC looked. He then asked what is that( 2400 Market) Is that going to be 90 stories?

Close I said. Just drop the Zero.

Its a nine story stump. .
still a big improvement over what is there. And Philly has nothing close to 90 stories currently- this isn't Chicago obviously.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 12:13 PM

Some of you guys are unbelievable. When does taking an underutilized building, doubling it's height and bringing new Class A office space to the market become something to hang your head in shame about? Was everyone ashamed of the building BEFORE they made it taller? What a warped perspective.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 7:19 PM

Burlington welcomes shoppers to new Market Street location

Read more here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20170922.html

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 7:20 PM

Major rehab of Chestnut Street Bridge will close it for a year next summer, PennDOT says

So glad Chestnut Street Bridge AND Schuylkill Avenue are being redone. It's much needed. This will help to continue to knit together Center City and University City

http://planphilly.com/articles/2017/...r-penndot-says

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 11:30 PM
Your 2016 AAC Champs!

I was in that new 9th St BCF earlier today. It big.

The thing takes up pretty much the whole Strawbridge's bargain basement as well as the old Walgreens and Sports Authority spaces. It looks shiny and clean and new, because it is (we'll see how long that lasts), but it feels like 100k sf of store space mixed in a basement mess of pillars and foundations and piles, which I must say feels like it'll be a rather cool shopping experience.

The only thing I'm surprised about, really, is why it isn't bigger. I honestly think they could've taken the entire basement from the 9th Street crossing on east, which would've also given them a street entrance in the old Strawbridge's main entrance instead of a rump ground floor corner. Instead, it appears that the access passage to 8th Street and the little mall atrium between 9th and Strawbridge's'll remain in place.

Incidentally, there's rumor mill chatter that Century 21 is expanding into the entirety of Strawbridge's main hall.

Between C21 and BCF, that dinky filthy Ross in the Lits Building is at a competitive disadvantage. They can't expand, either, because the Five Below is working on an epic shit-ton of space for its massive new flagship and corporate HQ.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development