HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:47 PM

Phase 1 B-Lines

Hello all!

This is my first new thread and I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I think it would be a good idea to have a thread monitoring the new B-Lines! Currently, TransLink is visiting municipal councils to discuss the results of the B-Line consultations and what the cities can do to reduce travel times for B-Lines.

Fraser Highway B-Line:
Up to 70 minutes by transit currently, aiming for 44 minutes with transit priority measures. It will have live next-bus timers upon opening. Langley City voted to support the transit priority and bus lane recommendations from TransLink.
https://sfb.nathanpachal.com/2018/07...ut-travel.html

North Shore B-Line:
West Vancouver voted to support TransLink's recommendations.
https://westvancouver.ca/sites/defau.../18jul09-7.pdf (end of the minutes)

Lougheed Highway B-Line:
Pitt Meadows is slated to receive a presentation from TransLink about the Lougheed Highway B-Line on July 17.

41st Avenue B-Line:
No new info

Old Posted Today, 4:47 AM

For Fraser Highway, Surrey needs to allow bus lanes in both directions, especially through the green area.

For that part, I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Environmental stewardship is no excuse for subpar infrastructure.

Also where’s Richmond’s? (Sorry the Richmondite in me comes right out. Every now and then I feel that Richmond and Delta receive the shorter end of the stick for these things.)

Old Posted Today, 6:01 AM

Vancouver`s B-Line system has been a stellar success and an excellent example of good transit planning and proof that rapid, reliable transit does not require gobs of money and decades to implement ie Toronto.

Old Posted Today, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
For Fraser Highway, Surrey needs to allow bus lanes in both directions, especially through the green area.

For that part, I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Environmental stewardship is no excuse for subpar infrastructure.

Also where’s Richmond’s? (Sorry the Richmondite in me comes right out. Every now and then I feel that Richmond and Delta receive the shorter end of the stick for these things.)
It's in Phase 2, along with the Scott Road B Line. It's planning isn't nearly as complete as it was just approved.

Old Posted Today, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin4567 View Post
It's in Phase 2, along with the Scott Road B Line. It's planning isn't nearly as complete as it was just approved.
How much planning do they need to do? We already know it's the 319 and 430 routes, so all that's physically required is deciding where the stops will be. Yes behind the scenes there will need to be enough vehicles and drivers but that's nothing new.

This Daily Hive article from March talks about upcoming B-Lines in some detail.

Old Posted Today, 4:47 PM

Deleted

Last edited by Dengler Avenue; Today at 4:47 PM. Reason: I don’t wanna go off topic.

Old Posted Today, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
How much planning do they need to do? We already know it's the 319 and 430 routes, so all that's physically required is deciding where the stops will be. Yes behind the scenes there will need to be enough vehicles and drivers but that's nothing new.
Signal priority, bus lane, queue jumper, intersection improvement, stops requirements, passenger amenity, etc.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure