HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 3:40 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveography View Post
Lots of overreaction and crystal-ball absolutes written in this thread, and suddenly no one has anything to say.
I think some might mistaking me for a doomer.

I'm relatively optimistic in terms of the planets future.

However I'm an ultra prosperity skeptic.

This new age economics that certain politicians are jamming down our throats is a sham.

Being commodities dependent( for the last time in the 21st century, I have no interest in hearing of fur trade economics), having crazy high housing costs and high levels of personal debt are not sustainable foundations for an economy.

The world is existing in this bizarre post colonial-capitalistic era, where the main drivers of the global economy are dictatorships and fantasy land debt levels that will require a complete reinvention on our concept of money to continue.

I think the obvious answer is that government is gonna have a much larger and larger role in moderating everything.

The idea that government is incapable of taking a much larger role is a total farce.

It's 2015, computer automation is drastically improving the capabilities of machines to do many of jobs that we were once dependent on the market to resolve.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada