HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 6, 2015, 11:58 PM

They have laid huge timbers all along the east side of the stadium ( along Elphinstone St.) They seem to reach right over the city sidewalk that was previously there. I would assume this is to be a permanent base. I was out on south Lewvan Dr. this afternoon and two huge trucks from B.C. were rolling into town with the exact same timbers on their flatbeds as the ones already laid at the stadium.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 3:34 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo Regina Lover View Post
They have laid huge timbers all along the east side of the stadium ( along Elphinstone St.) They seem to reach right over the city sidewalk that was previously there. I would assume this is to be a permanent base. I was out on south Lewvan Dr. this afternoon and two huge trucks from B.C. were rolling into town with the exact same timbers on their flatbeds as the ones already laid at the stadium.
Those are temporary rig mats that will be used for cranes that will install the roof as well as take down the tower cranes. It will all be removed when completed

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 3:35 AM
BANNED

Regina stadium

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 7:07 PM

Yesterday, I noticed that the Tyndallstone extended all the way to the top of the east side. (Thus far anyway.)

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 1:33 AM
BANNED

Pouring piles at the semi entrance in the southwest corner of the new stadium.

https://instagram.com/p/42ud1sGzcR/

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Yesterday, I noticed that the Tyndallstone extended all the way to the top of the east side. (Thus far anyway.)
If you mean that yellowy stuff, I am pretty sure that is not stone. I believe the only stone so far is on the low, curved building in the SE corner. the Tyndall stone is much whiter. From the renders only some of the street level will be stone. the upper portions are some sort of cladding. You can see the stone beginning in the lower left in the first shot below. you can also see someon the north and west sides as well as up the crack in the second shot.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 3:58 PM
ILYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
Regina stadium

When is the scheduled completion date? Next season? Looks like there is still a ways to go. Hopefully you don't end up like we did here in Winnipeg and have a stadium a year late.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILYR View Post
When is the scheduled completion date? Next season? Looks like there is still a ways to go. Hopefully you don't end up like we did here in Winnipeg and have a stadium a year late.
They hope to have some test events in the fall of 2016. But the official opening will not be until the start of the 2017 season.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 7:16 PM

They are currently assembling a massive crane (I can only assume this is for the roof trusses) south of the Field house today.

Also above balcony on the east side where the Mosaic logo is to go. It looks like they have installed Curtianwall Mullions there. So I am thinking there is a possibility of the material is going to be back-painted glass, or possibly aluminum panels?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 7:58 PM
arf

Shouldn't be too long before we can see the impact the completed structure will have on the skyline.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Shouldn't be too long before we can see the impact the completed structure will have on the skyline.
I noticed you can just barely see it from Highway 11, but once the roof is on it will be highly visible, especially when lit up at night.

It will be most noticeable form the airport.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 3:08 PM

On the stadium Camera right now you can see the new crane erected. Looks to be as tall or taller as the crane they took down... I wonder when the first trusses are coming? I would suspect they wouldn't be far behind as a crane like this can't be cheap!

But I suppose they have to lift the pre-manufactured seat risers in first eh... would be hard to drop them in otherwise.

Last edited by North_Regina_Boy; Jul 10, 2015 at 3:19 PM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
On the stadium Camera right now you can see the new crane erected. Looks to be as tall or taller as the crane they took down... I wonder when the first trusses are coming? I would suspect they wouldn't be far behind as a crane like this can't be cheap!

But I suppose they have to lift the pre-manufactured seat risers in first eh... would be hard to drop them in otherwise.
I agree.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 9:22 PM

Quote:

Check out @ReginaRev's Tweet for a good pic. https://twitter.com/ReginaRev/status...249339904?s=09

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 10:29 PM

I do not think this is stone. It looks like they are covering it.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 10:44 PM

That is defiantly insulation.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 6:15 AM

Quote:
That is defiantly insulation.
Yep. Vapour barrier and insulation. Someone should tweet the pick to Stuart Olson and BBB showing them what insulated exterior walls look like.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Fan View Post
Yep. Vapour barrier and insulation. Someone should tweet the pick to Stuart Olson and BBB showing them what insulated exterior walls look like.
I sit corrected --- thank goodness!!!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2015, 4:55 PM
BANNED

Aerial photo from last week. Credit D Entner on IG.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 3:18 PM

Yesterday I was talking to someone who works with PCL in Edmonton. He works in a different division (industrial), but he has heard that the stadium is currently ahead of schedule. If so, that's good news all around.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan