HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 8:20 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamcityleo79 View Post
I'm glad you took the opportunity to bully me after my post discussing the state of politics in Minnesota and the Midwest, which last I checked, you probably know nothing about. I didn't think that being an expert on urban development was a prerequisite for being a member of this site and I certainly didn't think expressing my fear of what will happen to gays and minorities the next 4 years and my very real assessment of SOME of the people who voted for Trump warranted you airing my dirty laundry and an embarrassing part of my life from well over a decade ago. But, then, I guess that says more about you than it does about me.
Oh no, now you’re playing the victim? Really?

Let’s get this straight, you are the one who got a thrill about telling everyone
you enjoyed trolling the levee for love. This dirty laundry was something
you wanted to tell the world and you did and the moderator shut it down.

Myself and others asked why? Why here? There are other threads devoted
to off topics like this. For instance,"What's going on Sacramento" Chit-Chat
is a perfect place for this crap. If you want a bigger audience, please take to
the General Discussions - Skybar. The Current Events section has
many threads devoted to politics, so please go there and preach to the choir.

Poor you. You can’t contribute to the thread subject so you hijack it for your personal soapbox.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 8:43 PM

Wow! I see all these new posts, and I think something cool is happening...NOT.

I think this is the result of cultural Marxism....everything is politicized. I just wanna watch in awe, appreciation and excitement as my hometown grows. I DON'T wish to read a bunch of crap from jerks who identify as X, Y and/or Z and then want their feelings indulged like entitled little children.

Last edited by snfenoc; Dec 1, 2016 at 9:28 PM.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 10:28 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
I wish we could get this thread back on topic. There is construction going on in Sacramento like the Ice Block and new arena hotel. I'm in Asia at the moment or I'd snap some pics. Maybe someone can update us?
Agree.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2016, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
I wish we could get this thread back on topic. There is construction going on in Sacramento like the Ice Block and new arena hotel. I'm in Asia at the moment or I'd snap some pics. Maybe someone can update us?
The Ice Blocks are looking good, all roofed and enclosed now. I think the Q & 19 development is prepping the site right now. What's the first phase of Yamanee and when should it start? I think they have to demo some buildings, right?

The Sawyer is on it's last or second to last floor. 700K is starting on the third floor I believe. The first concrete floor that sits in the back of the existing buildings along K St is done and the wood floor above. They're also doing roofwork on the existing buildings, I hope they keep the plan to have at least one rooftop deck.

Curtis Park (Crocker) Village has a few more townhomes being built. I think Petrovich is going to start in on the non-grocery retail but I'd imagine some potential tenants would want that issue settled before finalizing. I'm happy Raley's is close to starting in on their Freeport/Land Park center. Mckinley Village is full steam ahead, the freeway wall is complete, community center, and obviously tunnel under the tracks. Homes are probably a third done?

The townhomes near the Barn in West Sac are all done with exterior work, I think they'll start in on a planned apartment building next. The affordable housing development (6 stories I think) behind Raley Field is also topped out and enclosed.

The Mill off Broadway and The Creamery are full steam ahead. I still haven't checked out either although I'm more interested in the rooftop view from a Creamery unit.

http://imgur.com/Ekqsiso

That was taken mid-November I believe, they've been making good progress. I'll try to get some pics of the various developments sometime soon.

Lotta good stuff going on in the core. Have a good weekend folks.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2016, 6:25 PM
BUFF$LUT

After checking this thread last night I decided to bring my camera along on my bike ride to Safeway. Snapped these pics on my way home. Here ya go!

Ice Blocks
18th & R

view from 17th & R

16th & R

Market 5-ONE-5
10th & R

Progress on Amaro
11th & R

approaching 700 K project

Golden 1 Center + DoCo/Kimpton hotel

Kaiser
5th & J

That's all, folks. Sorry if the photos aren't that great. I really need to learn how to adjust the settings on my camera for shooting buildings at night. I mainly use it to photograph people at nightclubs.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2016, 7:38 PM
Administrator

Awesome update which also returns the thread to its topic.

Please let's keep the various discussions in the appropriate threads.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2016, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownserg89 View Post
After checking this thread last night I decided to bring my camera along on my bike ride to Safeway. Snapped these pics on my way home. Here ya go!
Great stuff, thanks!

If anyone is ever curious to see the live shot of the Sawyer hotel, there's always this too:

http://www.docosacramento.com/view/live/

Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 3:53 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Thank you for the photo tour Serg89.

There is activity going on (albeit even if it isn't the most glamorous) it's fun to see all the changes happening on K street. I'm a little disappointed in the Ice Blocks development though which seems to look extremely suburban. I realize it's not complete so maybe the finished product will blend a bit more with the character of the R street corridor once it's finished. It's too bad the fire demolished the character of the historic building.

I will be visiting Sacramento again in a couple weeks for the holidays and I'm looking forward to attending my first Kings game at the Golden 1 Center while I'm there. Hopefully Sacramento will be able to fill in some development holes near the new arena like 301 CM and the surface lot adjacent 621 CM. Maybe not immediately but again (hopefully) within the next 5-7 years.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2016, 7:27 PM

What are the chances these midrises, which have been approved, get built in 2017? I'm excited but at the same time, wished they weren't spread out. Would have been cooler to see them 1 or 2 blocks of each other. Imagine if they were all on the 16th street corridor.

Yamanee
15th and Q
19th and J
Paragary Hotel

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 8:25 AM

I was stumbling around tonight and came across SKK Developments' website:

skkdevelopments.com

It seems to have been redone since I last looked at it a few months ago. I could be wrong about that, but in either case I came across a proposed project I've never heard of called JK1617. It's a hotel/condo project on J and 16th. See project proposal here, per their website:

http://skkdevelopments.com/files/281...7_Proposal.pdf

Is this an outdated proposal that has been forgotten, or something that isn't in the public eye yet?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolonative View Post
I was stumbling around tonight and came across SKK Developments' website:

skkdevelopments.com

It seems to have been redone since I last looked at it a few months ago. I could be wrong about that, but in either case I came across a proposed project I've never heard of called JK1617. It's a hotel/condo project on J and 16th. See project proposal here, per their website:

http://skkdevelopments.com/files/281...7_Proposal.pdf

Is this an outdated proposal that has been forgotten, or something that isn't in the public eye yet?
On the first page of that pdf, it looks like it's dated 2007.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 5:03 PM
thenorth.bandcamp.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
Yeah, it looks like the Marriott is under construction in the first pic.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
Ah, must have glossed over that as some project code or something when I first saw it. Then I guess their site is really out of date, or they still want to do this JK1617 at some point.

Their current projects list appears to be up-to-date though, with 20PQR, Q19, the Sac Bee building, so makes me wonder if it is the latter.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 8:06 PM

Wow, that new hotel near the arena is looking like it will be a nice fill in for the skyline. Does anyone know how tall it will actually reach? Crains look pretty high like its got a lot more climbing to do.

Last edited by Justbuildit; Dec 5, 2016 at 8:50 PM.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbuildit View Post

Wow, that new hotel near the arena is looking like it will be a nice fill in for the skyline. Does anyone know how tall it will actually reach? Crains look pretty high like its got a lot more climbing to do.
It's not going to be much higher, sorry to disappoint.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 12:20 AM

Quote:

There down to the last two floors.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola916 View Post
There down to the last two floors.
Then why do they have the crain jacked up so high? Just to get me all pumped up for nothing.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2016, 6:30 AM

Quote:
Then why do they have the crain jacked up so high? Just to get me all pumped up for nothing.
It appears that one crane is higher that the other in order to accommodate using both at the same time. There is rather limited set up space at street level for delivering supplies. With the new Kaiser satellite med center across the street getting a new facelift, the entrance to downtown via J Street will be more impressive.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Do those cranes come at a certain size to begin with? It does seem a lot higher than necessary and my question does seem like a logical explanation.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
I'm so distraught about the election I don't even care anymore.
Really, Majin? As for the elections, I missed the brouhaha above, but the tears of unfathomable sadness from anti-development Leftists, who would block your cherished skyscrapers, are undeniably savory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noJNjCY3HbI

Last edited by NickB1967; Dec 12, 2016 at 6:06 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area