HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 3:07 AM

@TheMaxMan: Great pics...thanks for adding them!

@DeBaliviere: You're right. The CEO of RIM (Blackberry) tried to move the Phoenix Coyotes to Hamilton about a year ago. He has tried to move the Nashville Predators to the city as well. He was a bit aggressive, though, and I think he has burned some bridges with the league and its commissioner (who I think wants nothing to do with Hamilton).

I don't think there would be a problem supporting a team in Hamilton. Hamilton is not a wealthy city, but it sits in a region of millions of people (Hamilton, Burlington, Kitchener-Waterloo, Niagara Region, London, parts of the GTA), and hockey is king here. However, the real problem is Hamilton's proximity to not only Toronto, but to Buffalo as well (Hamilton sits directly between the two cities, each being about an hour away). Rumour has it that a Hamilton team may infringe upon the territorial rights of the Leafs and the Sabres.

A Hamilton and Toronto hockey rivalry would be something else, though. There is a bitter rivalry between the Hamilton Tiger-Cats football team and the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL (well, the rivalry certainly exists in Hamilton...I can't speak for Toronto).

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 9:57 PM

Great Thread, nice Job!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos