HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

505 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:34 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
Nashville has more street life than Charlotte does, and it also has a lot of beautiful, old buildings which Charlotte lacks.
True. Even still, I'd still put Charlotte as a clear number three in the south for right now, at least when it comes to overall impact. It's not like Charlotte has slowed down it's growth.

In any case, regardless of where it falls on the 'importance scale', it is certainly making huge strides and making it's case. I'm very excited to see what is going on in my hometown.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:59 AM
Everywhere all at once

This tower is sexy as all hell...I need it in my life, stat.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 4:16 AM

In a way this tower is like Eight Avenue Place from Calgary and the "walkie talkie" in London getting mashed up with this the end result.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
In a way this tower is like Eight Avenue Place from Calgary and the "walkie talkie" in London getting mashed up with this the end result.
And arguably better than both. It would really put Nashville on the architectural map.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 1:14 AM

simple, clean and sharp. very nice design.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 5:30 AM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Pretty neat looking.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 7:57 AM

Very nice design. Like mentioned getting the whole London Vibe. Hope Nashville gets this one built.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 3:50 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAjxh6wW4RA" target="_blank">Video Link

Interview on 505 Church St. with the developer Tony Girratana.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 6:42 PM

Confirmed at 38 floors, cant see it being any taller than 650 feet as is.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2011, 8:52 PM
Fourth and Main

Yes, according to the video, it is 38 storeys. I estimated about 600 feet | 182.9 meters? It could be taller, but that is my guess, based on uses and average floor-to-floor heights.

The more I see it, the more I like it. I don't know if a major out-of-state headquarters relocation will fill it, but I'm guessing an employer already located in older space in Nashville would love to lease this building. It's a reasonable size and I do think this has a great chance to break ground. If it does, it should be fun to follow this building in the construction section. As for Charlotte: I think their days of rapid skyline growth are over. The bank that built most of the towers over the past few years is now taken-over by Wells Fargo. Charlotte will still attract new jobs and population growth, but you won't see endless cranes and new high-rises every year. A recent court ruling on condo pre-sales could also hurt high-rise residential construction in the entire state.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 1:13 AM

38 floors doesn't really mean much because look at the floor count and heights of BOA Plaza in Dallas and the recently topped out Devon Energy HQ in OKC. The Fifth Third Center is 490ft tall and being across the street there is no elevation change really. By taking a quick look 600ft seems to be the lower end while 700ft is probably the upper end of the spectrum.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 2:09 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
38 floors doesn't really mean much because look at the floor count and heights of BOA Plaza in Dallas and the recently topped out Devon Energy HQ in OKC. The Fifth Third Center is 490ft tall and being across the street there is no elevation change really. By taking a quick look 600ft seems to be the lower end while 700ft is probably the upper end of the spectrum.
Yeah, plus look at the top of the tower, there could be anywhere from 20-30 ft from the last floor to the top. Plus, there's no way to be exact on the height of the lower floors. Three are different heights that could be anywhere from 15 ft. to 25 ft.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 5:31 AM
Fourth and Main

A 600 foot tall building is usually a 46 storey building. A 38 storey building would average 498 feet. Yes, like I said, I took into account the crown, lobby, hotel, office and conference floors. It's likely a 600 footer. We also know from the developer, five of the floors are 2.9 meters. The average office floor is 4 meters. I estimated around 4.2 meters for the office floors, if I remember correctly. Again, I'm guessing it is a 600 footer. Likely 600 f | 182.9 m at the lowest and 620 f | 189 m at the highest. Again, this is only my guess, based on numbers I know and common averages for floor-to-floor heights. It could be taller or shorter. Without the exact number from the blueprints, all we can do is guess.

I'm very impressed with the proposals from Nashville. This is the next city for rapid skyline development in this region.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 4:02 PM

If anyone can afford to carve forty minutes out of their life to watch the above video ... I URGE you to do so! VERY enlightening, not only with regards to 505 CST, but also the back-story for Signature Tower.

Evidently, Signature Tower was NOT 'pie-in-the-sky', and Tony was NOT a 'dreamer.' He got better than $200-million in presales and was ready to go. But in the end, the perfect storm of onerous federal regulations and the global meltdown scuttled the project.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 5:02 PM

BTW, today's NBJ leads today with the usual, lazy-ass, trot-out-three-local-skeptics article.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 7:08 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
BTW, today's NBJ leads today with the usual, lazy-ass, trot-out-three-local-skeptics article.
Yeah, once again no hardcore current facts about why the developments might not work other than the ever present fact that he needs a major tenant to relocate there. They want to keep bringing up Signature Tower and how it failed, but I guess they didn't watch that interview. Then they mentioned how the apartment tower would struggle due to the high prices of rent...I guess they didn't catch that part in the interview either.

Then even better, look at the comment section where a guy was bitching about the difficulty he was having turning out of his parking garage onto Church St...I mean really dude??? You live in downtown, what do you expect. No offense if that was one of y'all who left that comment. lol

Old Posted Nov 7, 2011, 9:55 PM

Quote:
If anyone can afford to carve forty minutes out of their life to watch the above video ... I URGE you to do so! VERY enlightening, not only with regards to 505 CST, but also the back-story for Signature Tower.

Evidently, Signature Tower was NOT 'pie-in-the-sky', and Tony was NOT a 'dreamer.' He got better than $200-million in presales and was ready to go. But in the end, the perfect storm of onerous federal regulations and the global meltdown scuttled the project.

Do you believe everything politicians tell you too? Tony (and developers in general) are full of crap. He may have had $200 million in non-binding contracts, but he wasnt close to getting Signature Tower off the ground. There were major cutbacks toward the end on that proposal and he still couldnt get things going.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post

Do you believe everything politicians tell you too? Tony (and developers in general) are full of crap. He may have had $200 million in non-binding contracts, but he wasnt close to getting Signature Tower off the ground. There were major cutbacks toward the end on that proposal and he still couldnt get things going.
You're the kind of person who'd find the cloud in the silver lining.

$200-million was probably enough ... until it wasn't enough.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Yet this person has an extremely good and valid point:

"With few blocks of 100,000 square feet or larger available downtown, Giarratana’s office tower could get interest from companies wanting to be in ultra-modern and premium space, said Chris Grear, a broker with Colliers International.

“I think the site is one of the most prime development sites in all of downtown Nashville,” Grear said.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 6:22 PM

Word on the street is that Tony G. is talking to a California headquartered company at this time. They want to streamline and be in a more business and tax friendly environment, which Nashville most certainly is. I hope is a tech company, that'd be sweet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive