HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 10:45 PM

There is now a "sold" sign for the parcel of land east of Veterans Blvd (between 32nd and 40th). Looked like they already had the roads marked out as well.

Also noticed they were pouring a new foundation in the UP center, just behind (or west) of those new apartments. The city just rezoned that part from MR-3 to General Office last month. Can't find any info on who is building new offices there yet and I didn't drive by to see if there were any signs.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 11:18 PM

Oh, and by the way, Fargo is home to the #1 Div. 1AA College football team in the nation. Just an FYI.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2011, 4:37 AM

I see a sold sign has gone up on the recently closed Cheetah Mart? Hopefully someone can get this location up and running again.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2011, 2:22 PM

Cheetah Mart

Cheetah Mart will become a Holiday gas station. They will start remodeling soon. I see they have made the changeover on all of the Hornbacher locations. Holiday has added quite a few locations in this town in a very short time period.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2011, 2:59 PM
still here

There's been a lot of construction on the former Media Play location. I think, correct me if i'm wrong, that's where the new DSW is going to be. Also, there is some major new construction just south of 94 on Veterans Blvd where CostCo, the new elementary school, and a large housing development is going. There is some construction going on just south of 94 on Sheyenne street for some new commercial projects.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Misthebest View Post
There's been a lot of construction on the former Media Play location. I think, correct me if i'm wrong, that's where the new DSW is going to be. Also, there is some major new construction just south of 94 on Veterans Blvd where CostCo, the new elementary school, and a large housing development is going. There is some construction going on just south of 94 on Sheyenne street for some new commercial projects.
I heard Old Navy is moving in there. Not sure though.

I did see the infrastructure WF is putting in you mentioned. Don't know if it's sold or just speculative. Pretty small area though. Not sure what could go in there besides a gas station or some storage units. Unless they are planning on bridging the diversion there to better access that section of prime real estate south of 94 (west of Sheyenne).

Old Posted Nov 11, 2011, 2:21 PM
still here

"...DSW Shoes put in a building permit request on the same block near Kohl ’s " Trade Talk: Friday, October, 14, 2011 - INFORUM - Business

"Trade Talk: Discount designer shoe store DSW sets sights on Fargo
Trade Talk Discount designer shoe store DSW sets sights on Fargo. As construction continues on the 10 000 square foot Ulta Beauty store at a target _blank href http maps google ...Fargo a second splashy superstore is now in the works nearby. DSW the discount designer shoe warehouse has filed a building permit..."
Saturday, September, 03, 2011 - INFORUM - Business

I just found that on inforum lol.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2011, 7:18 PM

This is my crude solution to the Main Ave bottleneck. If you look at a map you will notice that NP Ave at University runs in a straight line that intersects with Main Ave at 25th St. Why not connect the two via a viaduct similar to that on 12th Ave N, or Demers Ave in Grand Forks. This would also allow Highway 10 to run uninterrupted through downtown as opposed to the ridiculous zig zag it makes at 8th street in Moorhead. Part of this plan depends on NP Ave converting to 2 way traffic with a minimum of 5 lanes in width.

Plus imagine the view coming into downtown from the west while at the top of the bridge.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Buzter123; Nov 20, 2011 at 3:14 PM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2011, 9:42 PM

Golden Corral

The Golden Corral in Fargo and Bismarck is now the Iron Kettle Buffet, but I heard that the location in Grand Forks is closing. Does anyone know if that is true?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2011, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzter123 View Post
Your thoughts?
They want NP and 1st Ave to be slower and more pedestrian friendly. Converting NP into a 5-lane major arterial would do just the opposite. It would be less pedestrian friendly, and you just took away a bunch of on-street parking. Plus, there isn't nearly enough traffic along that corridor (and won't be for a long time) to require such a change. NP and 1st Ave currently have no congestion at all, and even Main Ave isn't that bad. It's an interesting thought, though.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 5:45 PM
still here

Hitatchi looks like it is opening a new venture in Fargo

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342859/

Old Posted Dec 8, 2011, 5:25 PM
still here

A new japanese steakhouse will occupy 10000 square feet in the cityscapes building downown. They will open in the summer http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/

Old Posted Dec 10, 2011, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmn View Post
They want NP and 1st Ave to be slower and more pedestrian friendly. Converting NP into a 5-lane major arterial would do just the opposite. It would be less pedestrian friendly, and you just took away a bunch of on-street parking. Plus, there isn't nearly enough traffic along that corridor (and won't be for a long time) to require such a change. NP and 1st Ave currently have no congestion at all, and even Main Ave isn't that bad. It's an interesting thought, though.
True. It does go against their current train of thought on how they want traffic through downtown to be more slow moving. I personally think downtown would have more to gain form a more streamlined and free flowing major arterial. Quick and hassle free access in, out and through downtown may spur more/denser development.
Loss of parking would/should be made up for by sky-way accessible parking ramps.
And I believe the reason there isn't as much traffic along that corridor is because people avoid it. I think everyone knows someone that has gone out of their way to get on 94 from the main ave area to get across town. At least I do. If I have to go from West Fargo to Moorhead I'll use 94 and try my hardest to avoid Main.
Just my opinion of course. I'm sure that the "powers that be" thought of it as well and hopefully made a better decision. And to be honest I would be happy enough if they just did something with that damn section of Main between 25th St. and downtown.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2011, 6:20 PM

Old Posted Dec 10, 2011, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Misthebest View Post
Hitatchi looks like it is opening a new venture in Fargo

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342859/
This one is really exciting. They are saying there is a possibility of adding over 1k local jobs with this venture.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2011, 6:18 PM
still here

West Fargo backs downtown redevelopment plan
By: Kristen Daum, INFORUM
December 20th, 2011

WEST FARGO – This city’s downtown could look drastically different in 10 years if community and business leaders follow through on a detailed vision adopted Monday.

After more than a year of study, West Fargo commissioners backed recommendations that set the tone for revamping Sheyenne Street and Main Avenue in what’s considered the old core of the city.

But the revitalized downtown won’t come easily or overnight.

Consultants presenting the recommendations said it will require long-term commitments from city leaders and landowners to redevelop the image of downtown and entice new businesses.

The makeover will also demand substantial physical changes to the Sheyenne Street layout to promote a more “Main Street” atmosphere, which residents indicated that they want from the area.

“The physical environment will need to change to get the type of environment you want,” said Jamie Licko of Centro Inc., the Denver-based company that spearheaded the redevelopment study.

Such changes potentially include increasing the density and height of buildings along Sheyenne and moving buildings closer to the sidewalk to create a “welcoming streetscape.”

Under the recommendations, Main Avenue would mostly retain its current feel of a business thoroughfare but would be upgraded aesthetically to accommodate midsize retailers and other businesses.

Licko said the study area off Sheyenne Street and Main Avenue has the market potential to handle an additional 500,000 square feet of business space.

If fully developed to that level, Licko said West Fargo could stand to gain an extra $1.5 million in sales tax each year, not including additional property tax revenues that would come along with it.

“We think you have something really special, which could become something even more special if some efforts were taken,” Licko told city commissioners.

Licko and the study team proposed a variety of short-term and long-term steps to move forward with the recommendations, including forming a public-private task force to implement the plan.

The group would include city and business leaders working in partnership to shape specific plans to redevelop West Fargo’s downtown, Licko said.

Licko called the public-private partnership “critical” to making the downtown more appealing to investment and growth.

City leaders praised the plan before unanimously adopting the recommendations Monday night.

“This has a lot of merit,” West Fargo Mayor Rich Mattern said. “It’s a good plan, and above that, it’s a doable plan, which is most important to me.”

Commissioner Mark Simmons specifically supported the idea of moving the city’s offices to Sheyenne Street – a move Licko said would create more excitement by showing the city’s commitment to the area.

“We’re completely out of room (in City Hall), and now is actually a very good time to start looking into that,” Simmons said.

Readers can reach Forum reporter Kristen Daum at (701) 241-5541

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/344616/

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 6:18 AM

Does anyone know what the new building is off 42nd St just south of 32nd Ave S near that new water tower is going to be?? I thought it looked to be some type of fast food place perhaps a Taco Bell??

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 5:08 PM

Not certain, but there is a plan to put a pizza restaurant called Thatzza Pizza on that corner (32nd and 42nd) - this building might be it.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2011, 9:07 PM
still here

The recently vacated Leaf Cleaners building near the county courthouse has sold. I'm hoping for some neat apartments or condos. That building has some great windows and some neat views. The outback steakhouse building sold as well. I don't know if outback is moving back in but I would think its some kind of restaurant.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2011, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongtonk View Post
Not certain, but there is a plan to put a pizza restaurant called Thatzza Pizza on that corner (32nd and 42nd) - this building might be it.
The above is true, It will be a Thatzza Pizza; here is a link where they confirmed it. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thatzz...19029768153911

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest