HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 6:55 PM

K Street Pedestrian Mall Renovation

The city is going to see the K Street Mall "beautification" project next week for approval.

It's hard to get an idea of what the street will look like, but I do like the St Rose of Lima renderings. Eating at the kiosk or that new 3 Monkey's place in the Sun Building could be pretty cool next to the water feature. Some sort of stage would have been nice to see though.

I think moving the station from the 700 block to 7th between K and L ight actualy be a good idea as well. I'm sure they want to me the station in hope the "problems" move as well, which I doubt will be the case...but it does seem to make the street look better on the 700 block.

I think its great they want to make the street look better, but I don't think it will do a whole lot unless they get the 700 and 800 block legal problems resolved..which I hear could now be a while.

"If designs are approved, Staff will return for a construction document contract award and anticipates construction will begin by early 2008, with completion by late 2008"

- K Street Streetscape Staff Report (PDF) May 29, 2007

- K STREET STREETSCAPE RFP (PDF) 5-18-07

- Site Amenity Collection

- Walker Macy K Street Package

Here are a few renderings, click the above links for more.

Last edited by sugit; May 24, 2007 at 7:03 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area