HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 9:06 PM

^ The NHL has to protect its officials... harsh suspensions and fines are necessary unless it is abundantly clear that the contact was completely unintentional. They need to make a point to players that you have a duty to actively avoid contact with officials, and that message was sent here.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster View Post
A brain injury isnt an excuse to assault someone. NHL has the right to discipline their players.

Follow the Bryan Danielson news for information about new brain testing that could change the face of sports.
Of course there's no excuse to assault. IMO, there was no assault.

I'm not going to argue, everyone's got an opinion.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2016, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ The NHL has to protect its officials... harsh suspensions and fines are necessary unless it is abundantly clear that the contact was completely unintentional. They need to make a point to players that you have a duty to actively avoid contact with officials, and that message was sent here.
Message is loud and clear! lol

Old Posted Feb 14, 2016, 4:01 PM

Pavelec's our savior, his extended time on IR did him some good..

Old Posted Feb 14, 2016, 4:13 PM

Oh yeah, speaking of the Oil, Winter Classic 2016-2017 Winnie vs. Edmonton, who would have guessed..

Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 8:47 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...369517092.html

Quote:
A mural celebrating perhaps the most unbreakable NHL record of all may be on the cusp of getting a much-needed makeover.

The mural of Chicago Blackhawks right-winger Billy Mosienko holding up three pucks after scoring the fastest hat trick in NHL history is a peeling shadow of its former self outside the bowling alley the late NHL Hall of Famer used to own.

Tom Ethans, executive director of Take Pride Winnipeg, said he’s in the process of sending out letters to foundations and other potential donors and hopes to use the proceeds to overhaul or repaint Mosienko’s mural. It has adorned the south wall of Billy Mosienko Bowling Lanes near the corner of Main Street and Redwood Avenue since the mid-1990s.

"It’s something that is of great historical value to Winnipeg and Manitoba sports. It’s a National Hockey League record that will never be broken," Ethans said.

The challenge in fixing the existing painting is its canvas is a combination of plywood and brick. The elements are particularly hard on painted bricks, as evidenced by the fact that two of the pucks on Mosienko’s right hand and the crest on his jersey are barely recognizable. The third puck, which is on the plywood, looks brand new.

'It's something that is of great historical value to Winnipeg and Manitoba sports' -- Tom Ethans, executive director of Take Pride Winnipeg
Most of the murals in town are the product of Take Pride Winnipeg. Ethans said it generally costs about $10 per square foot to paint one, meaning a Mosienko replacement will cost several thousand dollars.
Not a hockey fan, but that mural looks like it was drawn by a teenager. It's "high school art".

Something nicer, more "adult" is needed.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 10:01 AM

An additional 8 million being sunk into MTS this off season

-Armrests will be raised to match the raised seats in the 300's
-New seamless glass to solve the loge issue
-All Seat cushions will be replaced and seat colours WILL be changed most likely to blue
-All retractable decking will be replaced an upgraded
-Around 350 TV's installed through the building

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 2:47 PM

^ Glad to hear they're replacing the retractable decking... the current setup feels very flimsy and the seats are probably the least padded and least comfortable in the entire building.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 4:21 PM

That goodness about the arm rests. If they're changing the padding our and possibly switching to blue, that would seem to be an entire seat replacement. Then if they're replacing the decking, seats would come off. So does that mean they're replacing ALL the seats?

Is there an official announcement or render available?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 4:32 PM

They sent letters out to season ticket holders last week.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 6:59 PM

Oh cool. I'll have to give my primary account holder shit for not letting me know.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 7:05 PM

I guess i should mention not all ST holders, we didnt get one, but a friend who was affected by 'glass work' did.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilkountry View Post
An additional 8 million being sunk into MTS this off season

-Armrests will be raised to match the raised seats in the 300's
-New seamless glass to solve the loge issue
-All Seat cushions will be replaced and seat colours WILL be changed most likely to blue
-All retractable decking will be replaced an upgraded
-Around 350 TV's installed through the building

Ticket holders need something to look forward to after this season.

But either way, the changes listed will benifit any one attending MTS for events.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Ticket holders need something to look forward to after this season.
Is this what it has come to? A massive disappointment of a season is ending, but hey, at least the seats will be reupholstered!

Just depressing.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkspec View Post
I guess i should mention not all ST holders, we didnt get one, but a friend who was affected by 'glass work' did.
Interesting. We got the email, i just heard. He will now be forwarding all emails to me haha

Our seats are in 324, so we're affected by the seat/arm rest thing. No impact on us in row 10, by the loge seats.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Is this what it has come to? A massive disappointment of a season is ending, but hey, at least the seats will be reupholstered!

Just depressing.
Well, I'm actually enjoying the tank mode the Jets are in for draft reasons. It's an odd dynamic. I'm happy/sad when Jets score (take Myers goal last night for example). Then I'm happy/sad again when the other team scores.

Seriously if the Jets were to get Auston Matthews at first overall, he comes in next season as second line centre. Schiefele has to go up to first line centre. Where does that leave Bryan Little?? Winger maybe, or gone.

If Jets get one of the 2-5 picks, they'll get a real solid prospect who is in the AHL next year most likely, then moves up to NHL. The two finns are solid. Tkachuk just eclipsed 100 point this season. Then theres Chychrun who is solid as well. The 6-10 picks are looking decent as well.

Anyhow, to Jets tank mode! They're doing it fairly well too. Lots of prospects getting NHL ice time.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 7:28 PM

^ Oh yeah, the damage was done by the all-star break... at this point, tanking is the sensible thing to do.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Well, I'm actually enjoying the tank mode the Jets are in for draft reasons. It's an odd dynamic. I'm happy/sad when Jets score (take Myers goal last night for example). Then I'm happy/sad again when the other team scores.

Seriously if the Jets were to get Auston Matthews at first overall, he comes in next season as second line centre. Schiefele has to go up to first line centre. Where does that leave Bryan Little?? Winger maybe, or gone.

If Jets get one of the 2-5 picks, they'll get a real solid prospect who is in the AHL next year most likely, then moves up to NHL. The two finns are solid. Tkachuk just eclipsed 100 point this season. Then theres Chychrun who is solid as well. The 6-10 picks are looking decent as well.

Anyhow, to Jets tank mode! They're doing it fairly well too. Lots of prospects getting NHL ice time.
I understand your internal struggle. That's why I can't watch the games anymore. I can't bring myself to cheer for them to lose, but that's what's best.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 7:39 PM

Matthews, Tkachuk or one of the Finns.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 8:01 PM

It's tough. I feel for Wheeler the most I think. He's having a career season and the Jets are in the basement.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan