HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 11:55 AM
The Vomit Bag.

i kinda feel sorry for old matt brown. I voted for him, and encouraged many others to vote for him, but I was profoundly dismayed by his about-face on LRT. Profoundly dismayed. Still, I was surprised that Mr. Ernest would screw around. His wife is a very nice person, and, well, shit, you gotta keep your dick in your pants when you are married. End of story.

But it has nothing to do with being mayor. I felt the same way about ol' Bill Clinton, who I happen to like, despite his sexual imbroglios with whatsherface.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 11:56 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpirate View Post
Wow, what a face! Bet he's done a lot of evil in his life.
imagine this guy showing up at your doorstep, declaring (cue James Earl Jones' voice) "I am your father!"
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 7:31 PM
Downtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo26 View Post
Once again, London manages to snatch the crown of mediocrity from its rickety post.
I vote this should be the city's new mantra

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 6:01 PM

But it has nothing to do with being mayor.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree.

If he was to screw around on his wife then, regardless of how distasteful it is, is his own affair. It's his own affair because it has nothing to do with his ability to do his job and his private life should remain private. This one way US & Canadian politics greatly differ. In the US your private life is expected to be viewed as public while in Canada a politicians private life is considered irrelevant and taboo by the media which is a good thing.

This however is NOT a private affair. It can be viewed as private if it has no impact on his/her ability to do their job and very clearly this does as they work together. Londoners rightly believe that they cannot be trusted to keep their private affairs and public duties separate so they should both step aside and if they won't they should be forced to.

This is incredibly irresponsible of both of them and they have shown little respect to the office they hold and absolutely none to the people of London who voted them in with the fair expectation that they would work in a professional manner for the betterment of the city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy