HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Marks may be one of the largest clothing retailers however, they have been closing stores across Canada. Three of these stores that I know of were in Ottawa.
They closed the one on Innes Road near Rona and then opened a larger one further west on Innes near The Home Depot. The one at Place d'Orleans looks like it will be a good size.

Looks like more of an exercise of repositioning stores rather than closing them.

I get the impression that Mark's is doing quite well.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2018, 8:39 PM

I just found out earlier this afternoon from a visit to the mall: the food court's being transplanted to the ground floor to make room for governmental tenants. Nothing more specific yet.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2018, 8:43 PM

Majority of the second floor is already empty, so why can't they take that space? Do we know where the food court will be relocated? Seems the first floor is pretty full.

EDIT: CMHC might be expanding.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 6:18 PM

Where could the food court possibly go on the 1St floor?

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 12:32 AM

Entertainment Ink's home-branch store - they're a local comics and sports memorabilia chain - is being relocated from the east end near Scotiabank and Sugar Mountain over to the west end, about halfway between Bank of Montréal and the Bay. Other relocations have been made and are expected to continue.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 12:33 AM

Also noting that the local Dollarama is apparently relocating from the second floor to across the street, hiving some space in the same building that was once a Loblaws and is now a No Frills grocery.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 3:57 AM

One good thing about relocating the food court + Tim Hortons (I hope) to the first floor is that it will make the mall seem more lively since everything will be on the same floor.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 6:53 PM

Fashion retailer Aubainerie expands to Ottawa with $2M Place d’Orléans store

Peter Kovessy
Jan 12, 2018 7:17am EST

One of Quebec’s largest clothing chains has chosen Ottawa for its first Ontario store and says it plans to hire up to 50 employees ahead of its March opening.

Aubainerie, which has been working in recent years to shed its image as a discount fashion store, says it’s spending $2 million to bring its AUB44 concept to Place d’Orléans. The offshoot brand of the 74-year-old retailer is aimed at presenting a “younger, more contemporary” image.

Aubainerie will occupy some 24,000 square feet at Place d’Orléans. The east-end mall – which is owned by Primaris, a division of H&R REIT – was saddled with some 139,000 square feet of empty space in mid-2015 after Target and several clothing shops departed.

The mall has since demolished some of its vacant areas in addition to attracting new tenants including clothing store Mark’s, which Primaris says occupies nearly 18,000 square feet.

The property owner still shows some 17,000 square feet as being available on the mall’s eastern edge.

http://obj.ca/article/fashion-retail...dorleans-store

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 9:58 PM

On the other side of Mark's from the rest of the mall, I suspect. That space - which I thought was going to be rented to Aubainerie/New Banner - has been sitting empty since the reduction of floor space at that end of the mall's main building.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 10:03 PM

I wasn't sure if there was enough room for Marks, l'Aubenerie and a Food Court, but that would make sense.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs