HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixx View Post
So the 25th is almost here, I hope that the info we get isn't a let down and we can actually get a clear picture of how things have been going.
I could not agree more. The pragmatic side of me says we’ll hear very little. Maybe a tiny nugget of new info. But I have my fingers crossed that we get some huge and fantastic news. Given that the NCC is running this show, I’m tempering my excitement.

Old Posted Today, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daud View Post
I could not agree more. The pragmatic side of me says we’ll hear very little. Maybe a tiny nugget of new info. But I have my fingers crossed that we get some huge and fantastic news. Given that the NCC is running this show, I’m tempering my excitement.
If the message you posted before about a deal being in place for OSEG to buy the Sens came true that would be amazing. If they could reach a deal on Lebreton Flats, OSEG would probably become the third most "important" ownership group in Canadian sports after MLSE and the Molsons.

Old Posted Today, 5:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltodesukane View Post
Welcome to the Neighborhood: America's Sports Stadiums Are Moving Downtown
The New York Times, By KEITH SCHNEIDERJAN. 19, 2018
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/b...velopment.html
I love this quote:

Quote:
The new projects are altering the financial formula for building stadiums and arenas by surrounding them not with mostly idle parking lots in suburban expanses, but with revenue-producing stores, offices and residences capable of servicing the public debt used to help build these venues.
By being centrally located with retail outlets nearby, people can arrive to the game early or stay a bit after the game to beat/wait out the crowds. Close proximity to the LRT (which will be running reasonably frequently anyway) will help with this (as compared to Lansdowne), as they aren't tied to the schedule of an event bus.

Old Posted Today, 3:15 PM

This is a few days old, but interesting line from a Citizen story.

Goudie declined to comment about the rumoured possibility OSEG could one day acquire the Ottawa Senators from mercurial owner Eugene Melnyk. But this seems an unlikely fit financially. The Senators, like many National Hockey League franchises, tend to lose money on operations but more than offset that through the increased value of the team. This sort of strategy demands a hefty bank account or a willingness to borrow against the increased value of the team’s assets. OSEG appears to be run too conservatively to absorb this kind of risk, especially following years of financial losses.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...-startup-phase

Old Posted Today, 5:08 PM

I was also intrigued by that; "Goudie declined to comment".

If nothing was going on, I feel he would right out of the gate put an end to the rumors and confirm that OSEG is in no way looking into the possibility of purchasing the Sens.

Old Posted Today, 5:49 PM
Melissa: fabulous.

Smoke -> Fire

Old Posted Today, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post

If nothing was going on, I feel he would right out of the gate put an end to the rumors and confirm that OSEG is in no way looking into the possibility of purchasing the Sens.
Denying a rumour invites follow-up questions, some of which he may not want to (or be allowed to) answer.

Old Posted Today, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
Denying a rumour invites follow-up questions, some of which he may not want to (or be allowed to) answer.
Also if you always deny false rumours, declining to comment becomes as good as a yes.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa