HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 6:21 PM

I hadn't seen these renderings yet for 4120 Brighton Blvd which is currently under construction

Quote:
The 4120 Brighton Boulevard development includes a two-story music venue with a main hall that accommodates 4800 people and a parking structure accommodating 404 cars. The 46,143-square-foot venue includes restaurant, bar and back of house spaces. An outdoor plaza adjacent to the building will connect to future planned office and mixed-use development on the block. Construction on this first phase is expected to be complete in the summer of 2019.
http://www.mortenson.com/denver/proj...-brighton-blvd

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 6:29 PM

What?!! ^^^^^

Do we have confirmation this is actually under construction? There's a ton of infrastructure construction right around there, so it could easily be confused as this.

Also, seems like there's a bit of movement on the WTC front with land sales.

https://businessden.com/2018/01/31/s...er-10000-gain/

Although I suspect the developers are probably waiting until the city approves the RiNo rezoning to allow taller buildings.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 6:44 PM

Ok,

So this project has been lurking around a bit for a while:

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/1...artist-retail/

I remember finding a couple older renderings a while ago.....

https://issuu.com/trybaarchitects/do...brochure_issuu

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
What?!! ^^^^^

Do we have confirmation this is actually under construction? There's a ton of infrastructure construction right around there, so it could easily be confused as this.

Also, seems like there's a bit of movement on the WTC front with land sales.

https://businessden.com/2018/01/31/s...er-10000-gain/

Although I suspect the developers are probably waiting until the city approves the RiNo rezoning to allow taller buildings.
There is definitely work being done by Mortenson, who is the GC. It looks like a lot preliminary sitework separate from the street project. Not sure when the vertical piece will start.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
I hadn't seen these renderings yet for 4120 Brighton Blvd which is currently under construction

http://www.mortenson.com/denver/proj...-brighton-blvd

Love it! Very European looking.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 9:08 PM

Not sure if anyone noted the following yet (only checked back a few pages):

1) Tower crane base at 15th/Stout hotel site as of Monday
2) Tower crane base at CU Health Cherry Creek site as of yesterday
3) Demo work on former Safeway in Cherry Creek underway, and the fencing position may imply the new build will come all the way to the sidewalk and replace that massive lot (really hope that's the case with the curved shape of the site boundary)

Denver - City by the bay!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 9:24 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvmke View Post
Not sure if anyone noted the following yet (only checked back a few pages):

1) Tower crane base at 15th/Stout hotel site as of Monday
2) Tower crane base at CU Health Cherry Creek site as of yesterday
3) Demo work on former Safeway in Cherry Creek underway, and the fencing position may imply the new build will come all the way to the sidewalk and replace that massive lot (really hope that's the case with the curved shape of the site boundary)
Demo on the Safeway? I though it was being redeveloped as the new location for Macy's furniture store? Can't imagine that building being very big.

1. There's also a tower crane at All Copy Products new HQ site.
2. The core for the new DHA HQ is going up fast. No tower crane though.

Oh, and on the Block 162 site it does look like they are mobilizing:

Block 162 Prep
by Wong21fr, on Flickr

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 9:32 PM

Isn't the lot that is being mobilized for Block 162 in that picture where the proposed hotel is supposed to go? I thought that the office tower was going to be at the corner of 15th and Welton.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 9:45 PM
ColoRADo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Isn't the lot that is being mobilized for Block 162 in that picture where the proposed hotel is supposed to go? I thought that the office tower was going to be at the corner of 15th and Welton.
Office building fronts 15th for the entire block Welton to California. The hotel is proposed to pop out of the McClintock building at 16th/California.

My guess is that they are working on the alley. They are "L"ing it from 16th to Welton.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Love it! Very European looking.
Legitimately - I thought I was on Skyscrapercity in a Bratislava thread, already assessing which site in Bratislava will that be built on... Nice project!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishko27 View Post
Legitimately - I thought I was on Skyscrapercity in a Bratislava thread, already assessing which site in Bratislava will that be built on... Nice project!
With all sunshine and blue skies, I'm surprised we don't have more buildings like that. That look would outshine most of what gets built in our Tech Center by a lot!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
There is definitely work being done by Mortenson, who is the GC. It looks like a lot preliminary sitework separate from the street project. Not sure when the vertical piece will start.
Interesting. That implies indeed they secured funding for at least the first part of the project, which was the site prep. I wonder if this means they have also secured funding for the vertical component(s) as well?......

Definitely an interesting project I am surprised has slipped under the radar to this extent.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 11:00 PM

Anyone know if 18th and Market is still going to happen? A poster on denverinfill says it may be on hold. That is the one Alexan project that actually seemed to be of respectable design and quality.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
Anyone know if 18th and Market is still going to happen? A poster on denverinfill says it may be on hold. That is the one Alexan project that actually seemed to be of respectable design and quality.
How sad would it be if this monster hole in the urban fabric makes it through yet ANOTHER boom cycle (one of the biggest in city history) without getting filled as the owner/developers AGAIN waited too long into the cycle so that they missed the opportunity.

Last edited by CherryCreek; Jan 31, 2018 at 11:46 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
How sad would it be if this monster hole in the urban fabric makes it through yet ANOTHER boom cycle without getting filled as the owner/developers AGAIN waited too long into the cycle so that they missed the opportunity.
I suspect maybe they just want to wait until their other projects under construction are further along. Depending on contractors it could make good strategic sense.

Modera West Wash Park

Rendering courtesy Davis Partnership via BusinessDen

I didn't recall if this was previously posted when BusinessDen featured it back in September but since Ryan just posted it at DenverInfill, thought it was worth an update.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Interesting. That implies indeed they secured funding for at least the first part of the project, which was the site prep. I wonder if this means they have also secured funding for the vertical component(s) as well?......

Definitely an interesting project I am surprised has slipped under the radar to this extent.
I drove by the site after work tonight on the way home.

For starters, there's a TON of construction in this immediate area. Quite impressive actually.... It's hard to discern where the Brighton Blvd reconstruction ends, infrastructure work related to the outfall project begins, and where demo/prep for this project begin.

From what I can tell (based on some Google images), significant demolition has already ensued as several buildings that were there are now gone. One of the larger warehouse buildings looked gutted internally as though it's going to go any day now. So, I would definitely say site prep/demo is underway for this project.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 4:44 AM

To add to the new project news, as I was driving to Rose the other day, I noticed that the second phase of the 9th and Colorado Block 7 apartment building had broken ground. The elevator shaft was already 2-3 floors above the ground.

http://sararch.com/projects/in-progr...-block-7-east/

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
To add to the new project news, as I was driving to Rose the other day, I noticed that the second phase of the 9th and Colorado Block 7 apartment building had broken ground. The elevator shaft was already 2-3 floors above the ground.

http://sararch.com/projects/in-progr...-block-7-east/
Are there any condos that are part of that project? I assume not, which is really a shame. The complete lack of condo construction during one of the greatest booms in Denver history is truly staggering.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I suspect maybe they just want to wait until their other projects under construction are further along. Depending on contractors it could make good strategic sense.
I hope you are right. If this doesn't get done in this cycle, then history suggests we'd be looking at that wasteland of a parking lot for another decade!

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 6:07 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
https://www.change.org/p/elected-off...r-amazon-s-hq2

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West