HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 6:57 PM

Thumbs up Green Hills is going vertical!

Southern Land plans Green Hills mixed-use project

Proposed Location

Quote:
Construction will begin next year on a mixed-use development at one of the highest-profile corners of Green Hills.

Southern Land Co. plans a residential and retail project — as yet unnamed — at the southeast corner of the T-intersection of Hillsboro Road and Richard Jones Road, with construction beginning in the fall. The development will include 265 efficiency, one- and two-bedroom units, along with townhouse and penthouse options. Those units will range from 500 to 2,500 square feet, with common amenities including a fitness center, a private clubroom and a rooftop pool. Leasing will begin in the spring of 2015. The building will be multi-level with the highest section planned at 14 stories.

In addition, the project calls for approximately 5,000 square feet of ground-floor restaurant space and 24,000 square feet of Class A office space.

"Careful attention has been given to all design aspects," said Tim Downey, CEO of Southern Land. "We’ve been working closely with the City of Nashville to ensure that our plan adheres to the Green Hills Urban Design Overlay. Our objective is to deliver a project that meets the goals and direction previously established for the neighborhood."

Southern Land is working on two other mixed-use projects in the Greater Nashville area. In Cool Springs, the second phase of Dwell at McEwen apartments is nearing completion, with 112 new units set for delivery in January 2013. In the Rock Block, Elliston 23 is slated for a spring 2013 opening; leasing on its 331 residential units and 15,000 square feet of retail begins next month.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 8:56 PM
Future God

Great looking project. Here's another one JUST proposed (as far as I know) for Green Hills as well, just on the other side of the mall from the one above:

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2012/1...or_green_hills

It is really incredible how each of Nashville's neighborhoods seems to be exploding together.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 1:42 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Two solid proposals for Green Hills.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 2:28 AM

These look awesome! They will really help the area.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Here's the rendering for the East Nashville project at Main and McFerrin. Not much to write home about here, but at least it's more infill which is needed on Main.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 5:12 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I should have an update of the various projects in the Gulch, CBD, and SoBro either tonight or tomorrow. Gonna stop in Nashville this afternoon on the way back from Kentucky.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 6:22 PM

Awesome! I look forward to seeing them. Definitely swing by Midtown too if you get a chance. It looked like Elliston23 was topped out when I was in the vicinity the other day and ParkCentral, Homewood Suites and Kissam Hall appeared to be coming along.

Have you had a chance to check out the new 28th-31st Connector yet? It was completed last month and is a welcomed addition to Nashville.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 12:36 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Hyatt:

Pine St.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 3:43 AM

Nice photos arkitekte! I'm excited to see what kind of retail Pine Street Flats will get.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 4:08 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^What ever it is will make some serious bank. The Gulch is getting very dense and once all of those units fill in there will be a lot of pedestrian traffic, so I would like to see some night life scenes.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 5:08 PM

It's pretty amazing, isn't it? A once seedy industrial area turned into a full urban and green neighborhood in five years. It's going to be something once the Hensler tower is complete. I hope the small office building goes up on 11th Avenue as well. It's a really sleek design that will be perfect for the area.

Thanks for the photos!

Old Posted Nov 30, 2012, 2:27 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Here is a new proposal for The Gulch-11th and Pine. Info and Photos provided by Ron (smeagolsfree) over on UP.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2012, 6:21 PM

How should the North Gulch be developed?

So far all of the development in the Gulch has been in the south part of the area. I'm hoping there will be announcements to develop the north area of the Gulch. I hope the development of the south area of the Gulch will broaden the scope of the area to make it more of a destination for not only the residents of the Gulch but for people working in downtown and people living in Germantown around to mid-town. music row and Edgehill. In order to make it such a destination and to create a pedestrian environment, they will need a complex that is very much like Pentagon Row in Arlington, VA. This complex takes what in most areas would amount to a strip mall, but create instead a village of residential, retail and dinning. Check out these links to get an idea...

Pentagon Row Apartments http://www.postproperties.com/mycomm...mmunity=216400
Pentagon Row Shopping/Dining

Pentagon Row offers enough of the basic resources needed for residents to literally walk out there door to go grocery shopping (Harris Teeter), drug store run (Rite Aid), fitness (LA Fitness), shoes (DSW), throw in furniture stores, clothiers, and plenty of places to eat and you've got a perfect scene for everyday living. It is set-up to be an open and truly pedestrian as it has minimal surface parking and ample underground parking for residents and patrons.

One other benefit to Pentagon Row is it's proximity to interstates and a major mall that provides even more shopping. See Fashon Centre at Pentagon City. It is within the same block of land that Pentagon Row sits on. And, they work together cohesively. People going to the mall will venture over to Pentagon Row and vice versa. The Mall which is about 4 levels and has a parking garage is anchored by a Macy's and Nordstrom's and it also has a Ritz Carlton Hotel and there are other condo, apartment and office buidlings surrounding it ranging in heights of 10-20 stories. Since downtown Nashville is lacking in shopping, having such a complex could bring shopping back inside the I-65/24/40 loop. Also, one block over from the Mall and Pentagon Row is another complex that houses a Costco, Best Buy, Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack. Now, granted all of these businesses also benefit from the high density living of Washington, DC and Northern, VA. it also has a metro stop. But, it always feels like a neighborhood, not just a shopping destination. That is why is think it would work well for the Gulch and would provide great infill as well. If you think about the north Gulch area is already surrounded by high density living that is well underserved. As that area continues to grow it will need something major like this type of complex or people will find themselves driving to burbs to shop.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 2:13 PM

23Hundred Berry Hill

Developers announced a 5 story 226 unit apartment building to be constructed in the Berry Hill area of Nashville.

Sorry about the size of the photo. Not sure how to scale it down.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
This is sexy!
Adelicia's developer Ray Hensler's proposed residential tower for The Gulch.

23 stories. $80 million. 312 units, from the article or at least what I understood they're all rentals. Projected end of the year start!

Article from the Business Journal:
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville....html?page=all
Hensler closed on the land this week. Looks like construction could begin as early as February.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:05 PM

One down: Hensler

One to go: SoBro

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 9:36 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
One down: Hensler

One to go: SoBro
I think we'll hear some news out of Tony G. in the next few weeks regarding the SoBro. I honestly thought one of these would break ground earlier this month.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I think we'll hear some news out of Tony G. in the next few weeks regarding the SoBro. I honestly thought one of these would break ground earlier this month.
Agreed, but I'm not complaining. Just the possibility of 3 highrises going up at once in downtown is pretty amazing.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 8:34 AM

Wow, Nashville. Lookin' good!

Y'all are so much like Austin it's scary. I hope to get a chance to visit Nashville sometime soon. I really love to see all the urban development going on there.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henburg View Post
Agreed, but I'm not complaining. Just the possibility of 3 highrises going up at once in downtown is pretty amazing.
I think we can be excused because it has been a long weight. Ex: this one was supposed to have started last April. Then it was delayed until late 2012. Now, finally (hopefully), it starts February.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations