HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 1:51 AM

Atlanta Skyline, circa 2000ish

Found this pic while going through old photos. We took it from my old office, which was next to Three Dollar Cafe in Buckhead. I'm sure someone out there with more time and talent than me can add the newcomers since this was taken.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:36 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

I have this one...

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 2:08 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
I have this one...

'Your' photo is strikingly similar to one I took last summer...

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 4:11 PM
Man of Many Statistics

He used the same buildings and everything! He probably stole those towers from yah. (this was sarcasm in case you can't tell. I thought this was a joke at this point...)

Last edited by dante2308; Apr 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2009, 9:07 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
'Your' photo is strikingly similar to one I took last summer...
Didn't say I took the pic I said I have it...

Old Posted Apr 23, 2009, 2:38 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Didn't say I took the pic I said I have it...
I'd like to believe you know the error of your ways...posting a photo without giving credit is very un(joe)cool!

Last edited by (four 0 four); Apr 23, 2009 at 6:36 PM.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 1:45 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
I'd like to believe you know the error of your ways...posting a photo without giving credit is very un(joe)cool!
Dude, seriously! I see photos on here I like often and add them to my photo album as do many other people. I don't keep up with who took what. Im not selling or posting them on any personal websites or anything like that. He asked for a new skyline shot from that angle to compare what's gone up since 2000. I remembered I had that one and I posted it, ok? (: I never said I took the pic. So if you want an apology then fine..... I apologize, ok?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Dude, seriously! I see photos on here I like often and add them to my photo album as do many other people. I don't keep up with who took what. Im not selling or posting them on any personal websites or anything like that. He asked for a new skyline shot from that angle to compare what's gone up since 2000. I remembered I had that one and I posted it, ok? (: I never said I took the pic. So if you want an apology then fine..... I apologize, ok?
Not cool man. Some of us make our living from our photos, for you to save them to your computer is theft. I would ask you respectfully to try to avoid doing this in the future.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3eblover View Post
Not cool man. Some of us make our living from our photos, for you to save them to your computer is theft. I would ask you respectfully to try to avoid doing this in the future.
The whole issue was giving credit to the photographer... which should have been done when the photograph was posted. I think the point has now been made.

I am glad you make your living as a photographer, but it is unrealistic to tell people not to "right-click" and save an image they like from the web. I do it occasionally and am not about to pay you for that privilage. Watermark your images if you feel that strongly about it... or do not post them at all!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 4:30 PM
Man of Many Statistics

Are you serious? Is this serious? It's just a picture and even if he did take it, there is not definitive way to prove it.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 4:40 PM

Has anyone else noticed almost every Atlanta thread turns into an argument? I dont notice this when I browse through other city threads.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantan26 View Post
Has anyone else noticed almost every Atlanta thread turns into an argument? I dont notice this when I browse through other city threads.
It is not an ATL (or even a southern thing). I chuckle sometimes when reading the snapping back and forth in some of the LA-based threads...

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 6:11 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

I don't get it either. People are so dramatic. I am not going to give someone credit for a pic. I'm not distributing or selling them it is NOT THAT SERIOUS! Like OCA said water mark your pic if you want credit for it. All this drama over a freakin pic is not necessary.... JESUS! Someone please lock this thread now...

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 8:26 PM

Quote:
I am not going to give someone credit for a pic.
Actually, everybody that posts should give credit to the photographer (even if you are giving yourself a shout-out).

Here is a link to a forum announcement on this subject:
Give Credit to the Photographer

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 8:53 PM
i ain't no bubba

Thanks, I was just getting ready to post that but was mulling over whether or not it was worth the trouble!

JC: Although you technically didn't say it was your photo, anyone who didn't know better would assume it was yours. My time, money, effort and (possibly) talent went into taking that shot and to see it posted as if it was taken by someone else is irksome. Overly dramatic...possibly, but a photo should be held in the same regard as aything else someone creates...give credit where credit is due. Think about the situation if the tables were turned...honestly, how would you have reacted? Its not just a freakin pic, its my freakin pic!
Watermarks are obviously an option but I've never cared for them...even on photos from those I know and respect. I know its a risk I take when putting a photo out there and its a distinct possibility that I'm hanging on a refrigerator somewhere but yours was the one I happened to see. Thanks (I hope) for your understanding!
Mark

Quote:
I'm sure someone out there with more time and talent than me can add the newcomers since this was taken.
Vandynole, did you get what you were lookoing for?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 9:10 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Thanks, I was just getting ready to post that but was mulling over whether or not it was worth the trouble!

JC: Although you technically didn't say it was your photo, anyone who didn't know better would assume it was yours. My time, money, effort and (possibly) talent went into taking that shot and to see it posted as if it was taken by someone else is irksome. Overly dramatic...possibly, but a photo should be held in the same regard as aything else someone creates...give credit where credit is due. Think about the situation if the tables were turned...honestly, how would you have reacted? Its not just a freakin pic, its my freakin pic!
Watermarks are obviously an option but I've never cared for them...even on photos from those I know and respect. I know its a risk I take when putting a photo out there and its a distinct possibility that I'm hanging on a refrigerator somewhere but yours was the one I happened to see. Thanks (I hope) for your understanding!
Mark

Vandynole, did you get what you were lookoing for?
Look, this is the last time I am responding to this. If the tables were turned I wouldn't care. It is just a photo. Like I said I take photos off here and add then to my album because I like them. I responded because he wanted to compare what has gone up since 2000. I remembered I had the pic and was pretty much the same angle. I didn't even know who had taken then pic I just knew I had it. I did not take credit for it nor do I have it hanging on my refrigerator. As for not liking if people copy and paste your pics into their albums that is something you are just going to have to get over and can not do anything about. Now I ask you was it really worth acting like a baby about all this....not really. YES the picture is yours....... EVERYONE, the pic I posted belongs to four 0 four!!!!!! Not to mention the other people who had to add to the drama when it was just between you and I. I had just started posting comments again on here because I thought all the cry baby drama queens were mostly gone..... I guess not. I have been on this forum since 2002 and I am not going to get caught up in this ridiculous drama over a pic. A PIC! I have already apologized for posting your pic, what else do you want?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 9:16 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
EVERYONE, the pic I posted belongs to four 0 four!!!!!!
That's all I ask..was that so hard?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 9:44 PM
Man of Many Statistics

deleted

Old Posted Jun 10, 2009, 7:05 AM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Nice stuff! Amazing how much can change in only 9 years!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta