HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibrain View Post
Didn't realize there was such a spread out east.. I remember coming out of school and not finding any jobs (or jobs that got filled up by people that had experience).

I've managed to bump into some old buds of mine that graduated in the same class, and both work in the private sector for developers. At the height of the boom, both were making considerably more than I was.. doing pretty much the exact same job... but at the lowest of the boom, one got laid off and the other had to take a pay cut.
That's the key, the private sector can be more lucrative in good times but once times slow down, things can be a lot tougher. Other than the better job security, there are a few more aspects of the public sector that I prefer...pension, compressed work week, training opportunities, etc.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation