HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 1:53 AM

Grizzlys in West Acres is also closing as their lease is up. Haven't heard what will be taking it's place.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Misthebest View Post
That hospital is gonna be sweet. Speaking of groundbreakings...http://www.tmihospitality.com/7270/t...n/...Residence Inn and Suites is going up near the Settle Inn off of 45th. They also say "This is actually the first of several new hotels we have planned for Fargo – Moorhead, as this community continues to support our company’s growth and success as well as create the need for more rooms for guests.”
Good news for us!
Thanks for the link. I've been trying to find a picture of it. Seems like 4 stories is the new 3 with these hotels.

Last edited by Buzter123; May 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 9:21 PM

Golden Corral is back

Looks like the Iron Kettle is switching back to the Golden Corral. It will be a corporate run store for now. Sign on the door says they are now hiring.

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 3:33 PM

Does anyone know what is going in the old Outback restaurant spot? They've been doing lots of construction there.

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoTransplant View Post
Does anyone know what is going in the old Outback restaurant spot? They've been doing lots of construction there.
Valley Imports is extending their lot out to I-29.

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 4:05 PM

Construction has started in front of the new Metropolitan Apartments right on 45th St. between Calico Dr. & 30th Ave. During the last planning commission meeting I believe they said something about an office park or office building but can't find any info.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoFan View Post
Grizzlys in West Acres is also closing as their lease is up. Haven't heard what will be taking it's place.
According to the guy that cuts my hair at Regis, there will be a clothing store going in there.

I am curious to see what happens with the Bennigan's building in Moorhead. It's not like the place was super busy all the time.....but they couldn't have been doing too terrible either. There were time I'd drive by and the lot would be full. Moorhead already has so few places to eat it sucks to see another one go.

Old Posted May 26, 2012, 2:18 AM
BANNED

Has construction started on the West Fargo Costco yet?

Old Posted May 26, 2012, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Has construction started on the West Fargo Costco yet?
Yup. Utility work is in progress. No groundbreaking on the foundation yet as far as I can tell.

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 8:47 PM

More Canadian Shoppers on the Way?

Quote:
This summer, new rules at the Canadian border should mean big business right here in the Valley.

Beginning June 1, Canadian shoppers will have a great incentive to spend even more of their shopping dollars in Grand Forks and Fargo. Canadians will be able to spend up to $800 and pay no duty on the merchandise, when they return home if they stay in the U.S. at least 48 hours.

The Director of the Chamber says Canadian shopping is already strong here and it should only get better.

Barry Wilfarht, GF Chamber of Commerce: "Some of them as low as 10%, but some of our businesses are actually seeing 50% of their sales from Canadians. So, the change will have a very positive impact on Grand Forks and the business community in Grand Forks."

One Canadian shopper tells Valley News Live that she'll be considering the purchase of many large ticket items like appliances, because it's already less expensive on the U.S. side of the border.
$ $ $

Old Posted Jun 2, 2012, 4:14 AM
Honored Member

If you're a Winnipeg/Manitoba shopper, why bother going to just Grand Forks to shop when you can actually get nice quality things in Fargo (West Acres is a worthy mall compared to that crap mall Columbia in GF)?? All GF has is places like Wal-Mart/Target. I wouldn't even bother shopping in Grand Dorks if I was a Canadian shopper.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2012, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyBoy View Post
If you're a Winnipeg/Manitoba shopper, why bother going to just Grand Forks to shop when you can actually get nice quality things in Fargo (West Acres is a worthy mall compared to that crap mall Columbia in GF)?? All GF has is places like Wal-Mart/Target. I wouldn't even bother shopping in Grand Dorks if I was a Canadian shopper.
I agree. The selection and variety is much larger in Fargo. I don't know if they have Costco in Winnipeg, but soon there will be one in Fargo. That should be a draw for Canadian shoppers.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2012, 10:01 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azstar View Post
I agree. The selection and variety is much larger in Fargo. I don't know if they have Costco in Winnipeg, but soon there will be one in Fargo. That should be a draw for Canadian shoppers.
There's three Costcos in Winnipeg, but Canadians come down to shop in the US due to the current financial advantages for a Canadian to shop in the US, not because of selection or anything like that.

If all economics in both countries were equal, Fargoans would probably be going up to Winnipeg to shop, cause their selection/quality of goods are a lot more/better. IMO, Winnipeg has better selection/quality for a lot of different types of goods than even the Twin Cities. Most of the cool T-shirts I have bought in the past I bought in Winnipeg.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2012, 5:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyBoy View Post
There's three Costcos in Winnipeg, but Canadians come down to shop in the US due to the current financial advantages for a Canadian to shop in the US, not because of selection or anything like that.

If all economics in both countries were equal, Fargoans would probably be going up to Winnipeg to shop, cause their selection/quality of goods are a lot more/better. IMO, Winnipeg has better selection/quality for a lot of different types of goods than even the Twin Cities. Most of the cool T-shirts I have bought in the past I bought in Winnipeg.
Guess it all depends on what your looking for, things like tools, auto parts, building material and some clothing can be cheaper in the US but for the most part most items are priced relatively the same.

Last edited by rrskylar; Jul 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 7:41 PM
still here

Best Buy mobile is coming to the mall in the current Journeys shoes spot. Journeys is moving to the spot currently occupied by Customer Service and Things Remembered. Customer Service is moving to down by Talbots in a kiosk and Things Remembered is moving to the Classic Jewelers location which is moving into a strip mall on 13th Avenue. Got all that? k perfect. The mall will retain it's 0% vacancy rate

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 9:44 PM

Ground broken on Moorhead Sanford medical center

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/364251/

Quote:
MOORHEAD – Sanford Health broke ground on a new $13 million medical center here on Thursday afternoon.

The clinic, located at the intersection of 34th Street South and 28th Avenue just off Interstate 94, is scheduled to open in summer 2014.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 1:21 AM
Honored Member

2011 Census estimates came out.

Fargo - 107,349 (+1,800)
Moorhead - 38,566 (+501)
West Fargo - 26,291 (+461)
Dilworth - 4,082 (+58)
Horace - 2,476 (+46)
Harwood - 731 (+13)
Reile's Acres - 520 (+7)
Frontier - 218 (+4)
Prairie Rose - 75 (+2)
Briarwood - 75 (+2)

Total population addition for the urban area in one year: 2,894

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 10:02 PM
still here

Although I'm always skeptical of the census yearly estimates, it is encouraging that they're finally seeing this area growing

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 12:14 AM

Heavy machinery has arrived at the Sanford site. And the new Costco is popping up quick!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 7:48 PM
still here

they're going to start building another Comfort Suites and Sleep Inn near where the new Sanford will be located

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest