HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconahey View Post
Perot will tap top talent for downtown Dallas skyscraper project

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...-project.html/
This one could be very tall, like the tallest outside New York and Chicago. I would expect a 2020s debut, but we'll see where it goes. Very exciting indeed!

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 8:27 PM

Richardson gets another huge development totaling $500 million

Quote:
Developers are kicking off construction on $500 million mixed-use project in Richardson that will include hundreds of apartments, office towers and a hotel.

The development on North Central Expressway is right next door to the $1.5 billion CityLine project that has State Farm Insurance’s new campus.

The two projects are separated by DART’s commuter rail line and station at Bush Turnpike. They will be connected by new roads and walkways.
Quote:
Developers are kicking off construction on $500 million mixed-use project in Richardson that will include hundreds of apartments, office towers and a hotel.

The development on North Central Expressway is right next door to the $1.5 billion CityLine project that has State Farm Insurance’s new campus.

The two projects are separated by DART’s commuter rail line and station at Bush Turnpike. They will be connected by new roads and walkways.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 1:03 AM

So TC wants this to look urban, but wanted a Sam's right next Cityplace?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlhorn View Post
So TC wants this to look urban, but wanted a Sam's right next Cityplace?
That was my first thought too. I just don't understand it at all.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 7:10 AM
Everywhere all at once

All this development in Richardson is super exciting, and I'm wondering if and how it may spill over into "downtown" Plano, which happens to be just on the other side of the GB Turnpike. Thoughts?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 7:40 AM

Since I read that a light rail line runs by that big development as well as the CityLine project, I can only imagine how much ridership will increase.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
This one could be very tall, like the tallest outside New York and Chicago. I would expect a 2020s debut, but we'll see where it goes. Very exciting indeed!
We've got to see if it gets off the ground; it sounds like Perot is trolling for tenants.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
We've got to see if it gets off the ground; it sounds like Perot is trolling for tenants.
Someone said AT&T might be looking for space in this very project. (Not confirmed.) But since its a Perot project I would give it a good chance of happening. We'll see tough, they have to pick a design first. Hopefully they make the possible designs public so people can weigh in.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 3:53 PM
Verticle

I'm not discounting it, but AT&T has plenty of unused space in their global head-quarter's campus on Commerce and on Jackson. My take was that Perot is thinking of office leases coming due for either outlying firms looking to move to the CBD or, Uptown leases coming due that are about to double in price...my guess would be an Uptown company(s). I have already seen several places close shop in Uptown because their leases came up for renewal and the renewal price went through the roof. Downtown's affordability is suddenly beginning to look pretty attractive again. Then again, with Perot's global exposure, who knows?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 4:24 PM

If they could pull in some of the corporate tenants that have their offices currently in Plano, that would be a good thing, but most of the high-profile relocations have been outward rather than inward.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
I'm not discounting it, but AT&T has plenty of unused space in their global head-quarter's campus on Commerce and on Jackson. My take was that Perot is thinking of office leases coming due for either outlying firms looking to move to the CBD or, Uptown leases coming due that are about to double in price...my guess would be an Uptown company(s). I have already seen several places close shop in Uptown because their leases came up for renewal and the renewal price went through the roof. Downtown's affordability is suddenly beginning to look pretty attractive again. Then again, with Perot's global exposure, who knows?
I'm the same here, I'm still not counting out AT&T, but their offices in those separate older buildings are outdated and cost to redo is expensive, so if its not Perot it will be somewhere else.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2015, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
Agreed. One of the articles on the topic specifically stated that Perot wasn't going to poach tenants from elsewhere in Downtown but planned to attract major tenants from out of state.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2015, 10:00 AM

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/02/...houston-route/

Quote:
Texas Central Railway said it has informed the Federal Railroad Administration that it prefers to build tracks dedicated to the project along land reserved for high-voltage electric transmission lines, a route that the company had dubbed the “Utility Corridor.”

Old Posted Feb 23, 2015, 11:05 PM

The route of the railroad was not the greatest, and there are some saying it should have gone through the Woodlands.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
The route of the railroad was not the greatest, and there are some saying it should have gone through the Woodlands.
People in the Woodlands are probably the ones saying that, but if there isn't going to be a Woodlands stop anyway, I wouldn't think it matters.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 11:45 PM

Some very exciting news for Big D!

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...rict-tract.ece

Old Posted Feb 24, 2015, 11:54 PM

^^^Yes! This is perfect! Fantastic!

We need DOZENS more of these in the CBD, Uptown, Deep Ellum, etc!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 12:34 AM
Hopeful Graduate

Looks like they were aiming to make the perfect development, great news, tower portion is not particularly my style but I bet it will look amazing in real life.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post
^^^Yes! This is perfect! Fantastic!

We need DOZENS more of these in the CBD, Uptown, Deep Ellum, etc!
Definitely agree, except for the Deep Ellum part. That area would be better with mid-rise buildings.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 7:40 AM

Cool indeed!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations