HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 5:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Atlanta is just full of corruption. Makes me want Norwood to win more now.
Even the virtuous are easily corruptible when given power. As a matter of fact, most churches do not allow the the priest, preacher...etc. to handle the money. I would argue we need to have tighter laws around how city officials sell publicly owned land and have an independent agent/auditor handle the process.

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Dec 4, 2017 at 5:31 PM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Even the virtuous are easily corruptible when given power. As a matter of fact, most churches do not allow the the priest, preacher...etc. to handle the money. I would argue we need to have tighter laws around how city officials sale publicly owned land and have an independent agent/auditor handle the process.
With the city's RFP/IFB process when selling off assets, do they set a price floor for the sale based off a current land value formula? If they don't, seems like an immediate SOP that could be implemented, in addition to making the entire sale process public. An absolute shame we hear about a sale essentially after there's an agreement. That's not representation of a constituency, that's crap business from whoever is in charge and whatever they deem "appropriate".

Atlanta in general would benefit from a stronger public engagement process by elected officials. This stuff and all the beltline controversies should be eye opening about how things are run compared to how they should be.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 5:31 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

So....whatever happened to the tower mentioned in this article? Anyone? https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/12/4...e-retail-space

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 5:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
So....whatever happened to the tower mentioned in this article? Anyone? https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/12/4...e-retail-space
It is still listed on the developer's website as coming soon and the name has changed to Novel Lenox.

https://www.crescentcommunities.com/...ly/novel-lenox

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Dec 4, 2017 at 8:06 PM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 7:49 PM
AK

I'm currently walking by the 1105 West Peachtree Street site and I see they have demolished the building that sat on the southwest corner of West Peachtree Street and also the house

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 9:44 PM

Construction fences appear to be up at colony square, MOB western facade has multiple floors up/attached(a lot of this project appears to be pre-fab’d?), and Hanover midtown construction is above 905 juniper

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Construction fences appear to be up at colony square, MOB western facade has multiple floors up/attached(a lot of this project appears to be pre-fab’d?), and Hanover midtown construction is above 905 juniper
You can see the precast parking deck facades for the Midtown MOB on the Icon Midtown Construction webcam as well as the Whole Foods construction webcams.

It will be interesting to see what actually leases in the corner space of the parking deck. It looks like they accommodated a retail chase through the parking deck so that a decent restaurant could put in a sizeable vent hood. It doesn't appear to be an elevator or stair shaft based on both webcam views.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/bb/crane

https://app.oxblue.com/open/balfourbeatty/wp14phase2

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 11:56 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was thinking the only street level retail was the urgent care coming along with the project. If there’s something else, that could be nice for the neighborhood.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 3:25 PM
BANNED

Crescent Communities' Old Fourth Ward Project To Be Called 'Novel O4W'

https://whatnowatlanta.com/crescent-communities-novel-o4w/

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 3:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was thinking the only street level retail was the urgent care coming along with the project. If there’s something else, that could be nice for the neighborhood.
They advertised 25K of retail which I think is confined to the parking deck. Not sure if that has changed.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 4:09 PM

Quote:

Crescent Communities had a Press Release back in August that mentioned their projects being branded under the "Novel" name.

https://www.crescentcommunities.com/...nt-communities

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 4:29 PM

I mean when is this city going to actually zone properly? North Avenue is a major thoroughfare....why couldn't they require Crescent to implement a couple of retail/restaurant space in the development(even if it's an afterthought)? The city is going to regret this type of stuff 30 years down the road when all of these apartments around O4W have zero street level retail. What's the point in living in an urban, dense environment if there's NOTHING to walk to nearby? I understand not every apartment building should have retail, but on major streets, yes, they should.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 4:43 PM

Quote:

This looks tacky as hell.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 4:57 PM

Quote:
I mean when is this city going to actually zone properly? North Avenue is a major thoroughfare....why couldn't they require Crescent to implement a couple of retail/restaurant space in the development(even if it's an afterthought)? The city is going to regret this type of stuff 30 years down the road when all of these apartments around O4W have zero street level retail. What's the point in living in an urban, dense environment if there's NOTHING to walk to nearby? I understand not every apartment building should have retail, but on major streets, yes, they should.
This is an outrage. Such a prime parcel utterly wasted with no street retail and lego level exterior and design. Is there no recourse for this complete dogshit?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 5:03 PM

Quote:
This is my largest gripe for the area. For as dense as North Ave to Ralph McGill is becoming, there's essentially no retail between Deep End, A Mano, Venkman's & Bantam Pub. I do believe a cafe is coming to Anthem @ Ashley as well. This area did not have to be as retail heavy as North Highland at Inman Park, but it should have included more retail opportunities. I am familiar with the state of the area before O4W park and not including retail in all but one of the developments shows lack of vision, zoning, and/or master planning from the area. Glad to see retail coming to North & Line, despite continuing to encouraging driving with valet.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 5:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
What's the point in living in an urban, dense environment if there's NOTHING to walk to nearby?
Literally this project is across the street from Ponce City Market with 330K sqft of retail and restaurant space. Not to mention Ponce De Leon Ave is lined with restaurants and retail on both sides - also a block away.

Based on the rendering, it looks like there maybe retail on the 1st floor.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 5:25 PM
BANNED

Novel O4W will have 9,000 sqft of Retail

Ant131531, I am going to need you to somehow redeem yourself after putting all of that negative energy out into the universe.

http://atlantaintownpaper.com/2017/0...etail-project/

Quote:
Located at the corner of North Avenue and Arnold Street, Crescent O4W will consist of a five-story multifamily development with approximately 240 apartment units over a parking deck and 9,000 square feet of street-level commercial space.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Literally this project is across the street from Ponce City Market with 330K sqft of retail and restaurant space. Not to mention Ponce De Leon Ave is lined with restaurants and retail on both sides - also a block away.

Based on the rendering, it looks like there maybe retail on the 1st floor.
You people are such lazy overdramatic sheep. The article clearly states there will be 9000 sq ft of retail in the crescent o4w project. I own a condo in the area and there is a ton of retail in the area, with a lot more to come. Don't see what what everyone is complaining about. While it is not my favorite design (original office building proposal was tons better) the new rendering looks a lot better than the original proposal from crescent.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 5:33 PM
BANNED

Residence Inn Decatur

The real crime here is: How the hell is Decatur getting relatively descent looking mid-rise hotels, but Downtown is getting turds? Spring Hell, I mean Springhill Marriott and Hyatt Place I am looking at you.

http://peachstatehospitality.com/hot...nn-decatur-ga/

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Novel O4W will have 9,000 sqft of Retail

Ant131531, I am going to need you to somehow redeem yourself after putting all of that negative energy out into the universe.

http://atlantaintownpaper.com/2017/0...etail-project/
I think you all need to inspect the article a bit more closely. It clearly says that there is 10,500 sqft of "creative" office space. That does not mean retail or restaurants.

Long term plans have the street car running down North Avenue and buildings being constructed now should anticipate that. We need more retail and restaurants to engage North Avenue - office space not so much.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations