HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 4:27 AM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
What do you have against Debakis. I've mostly agreed with his positions on left right and center(local public radio program)
If anything, Dabakis would be an entertaining mayor.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
What do you have against Debakis. I've mostly agreed with his positions on left right and center(local public radio program)
Jim is too much a wild card. He is less volatile than Rocky, but not a lot.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 5:21 PM

What doesn't make sense is not registering any increase in Co2 levels on the urban sensors. I can see there being a smaller increase, but no increase? That calls into question the accuracy of this data.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 5:31 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Another apartment building coming:

Planning Commission info - Ice House Apartments.

No attachments and I haven't been able to find any renderings. Hopefully Isaac will have an update soon.
Thanks Makid. This is a historic rail serviced ice block manufacturing plant, currently Erklens and Olsen auction house. I truly hope this plan includes adaptive reuse of the current structure. The Ice House is epic. It was Germany House during the Olympics and is a beautiful events space. Chased it a few years back but couldn't figure it out. Good luck to them.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
What doesn't make sense is not registering any increase in Co2 levels on the urban sensors. I can see there being a smaller increase, but no increase? That calls into question the accuracy of this data.
Actually in several places in Salt Lake, like along 400 South, emissions have gone down because more people use transit.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 12:46 AM

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 6:04 AM

I really like the way that hotel is utilizing existing space.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 9:48 AM
Engineer

Quote:
Also CO2 levels per capita nationwide are decreasing because of greater efficiency. It makes sense that even in areas that are growing CO2 levels could stay the same or go down.

I’d like to see the data that has been collected but I can’t find it anywhere.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Depends on the alternative. If it is between Jackie and Jim Dabakis, I would take Jackie. Between Jackie and Derek Kitchen probably Derek. My ideal candidate would be someone will a business background who sees a need to get serious about complete streets, solid relations with the state and advocating for aggressive changes to the zoning of the city to more widely see the adoption of a form based code.
I’m usually opposed to politicians with business backgrounds, but Corradini was the best mayor in the past 50 years and she had a business background.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
I’m usually opposed to politicians with business backgrounds, but Corradini was the best mayor in the past 50 years and she had a business background.
Business background is not a must if they have had other experience that indicates to me they can lead and run something complex like a city. It is a balancing act because people can have a lot of experience but have very little vision or ideological core that tells me what they will actually do in office. Then again, some have very clear ideological cores, but are incapable of executing that vision.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 9:21 PM
SLC Lifer

If a politician has no business background, then they have absolutely no place regulating business. They should stay home and play Second Life or Sim City. That's why our city doesn't work. Not enough business experience down there.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2018, 11:45 PM
Exit 298

Quote:
I'd suspect a combination of retiring older "dirty" cars, and increasing number of ULEV and PZEV vehicles, and overall improvements to fleet economy.

If the average MPG bumps up from 15 MPG to 17 MPG, that's a pretty significant reduction in CO2 output overall.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:08 AM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
If a politician has no business background, then they have absolutely no place regulating business. They should stay home and play Second Life or Sim City. That's why our city doesn't work. Not enough business experience down there.
Hey! Maybe we could get Trump to be our mayor! Clearly his business background qualifies him for the job. I'm sure he'd do fantastic work.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Hey! Maybe we could get Trump to be our mayor! Clearly his business background qualifies him for the job. I'm sure he'd do fantastic work.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:39 PM
SLC Lifer

Not too hopeful as I've seen what it usually means for this pitiful governor to "truly, deeply consider the issues" while being prompted to veto terrible legislation, but now the school districts are asking for a veto, which might actually strike a tone with him. Also really hard for me to overestimate how deeply disappointing I am in County Mayor McAdams on this. Hello McAdams! Are you fogging a mirror??

Pressure mounts as groups join Salt Lake's cries for veto of inland port bill

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 5:37 PM
They all float down here

Quote:
Not too hopeful as I've seen what it usually means for this pitiful governor to "truly, deeply consider the issues" while being prompted to veto terrible legislation, but now the school districts are asking for a veto, which might actually strike a tone with him. Also really hard for me to overestimate how deeply disappointing I am in County Mayor McAdams on this. Hello McAdams! Are you fogging a mirror??

Pressure mounts as groups join Salt Lake's cries for veto of inland port bill
He's too busy running a listless campaign against Mia Love.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 1:08 AM

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:47 AM

^^^
temporary problem with the link

Last edited by delts145; Apr 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Complete nonsense. You can have leadership experience and a thorough understanding of business without business experience.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Complete nonsense. You can have leadership experience and a thorough understanding of business without business experience.
I agree, but if you have no practical experience then you sure as hell better be able to show you understand the basic principles. Many politicians make statements that show a glaring lack of understanding of those concepts.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West