HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 11:47 AM

John Kane, the most active developer in Raleigh, has been approved for a rezoning of a parcel from 12 stories to 40 stories. It will be the third phase of his Smokey Hollow project, the first two phases of which are already under construction.

No word yet on specific uses or renderings, but he has a great track record so I am optimistic. This is on the Northern edge of downtown and will be by far the tallest building in that part of downtown.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...-rezoning.html

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 2:44 PM
Oak City

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-boy View Post
John Kane, the most active developer in Raleigh, has been approved for a rezoning of a parcel from 12 stories to 40 stories. It will be the third phase of his Smokey Hollow project, the first two phases of which are already under construction.

No word yet on specific uses or renderings, but he has a great track record so I am optimistic. This is on the Northern edge of downtown and will be by far the tallest building in that part of downtown.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...-rezoning.html
I found this rendering so far:

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 7:19 PM
Oak City

Quote:
Originally Posted by initiald View Post
I found this rendering so far:
Correction, that is not the Kane project. That is a rendering for the Zimmer Development Company site at Capital Boulevard and Peace Street. Hey, it's nice when you have to keep up with multiple 40 floor tower proposals. The Kane project would be across Capital (the freeway) to the right.

Some other news from this week: The official groundbreaking was held for 301 Hillsborough on Monday. Phase 1 is the 19 floor office tower on the left. The residential and hotel tower portions will be phase 2 and 3. Pendo has signed on as the anchor tenant and plan to occupy the tower when completed in 2021.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 4:46 PM
Oak City

Here is an updated rendering of the Zimmer at Peace Street and Capital Blvd.

This rendering actually has Smoky Hollow Phase 3 tower (~40 floors) blocked in to the left of it:

A few random updates:

FNB tower's crown is now mostly complete. The construction elevator has been taken down:

Smoky Hollow phase II steel structure is going up. Phase I can be seen in the background starting to near completion:

Here's what it will look like:

Webcam capture from yesterday showing Phase 1 nearing completion and Phase II starting on the left. Ground floor of phase 1 will include a Publix:

One Glenwood Phase II demo is complete and work has begun. To the left is the nearly-complete Phase I and in the background is the nearly complete 7 floor hotel component and parking deck:

Here is what it will look like when completed:

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 11:07 PM

Great pics! I love that Zimmer render. That is far more ambitious than anything they have executed. Hope they can pull it off.

One small clarification: the One Glenwood building is already open. Looking forward to the second one gong up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations