HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 26, 2010, 3:56 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

As I said, when CSU-Pueblo actually faces a real team and wins then you can start boasting. Every team you've played has been .500 or lower.

It's like the fat kid beating up on the blind one. Nothing to boast about.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 5:17 AM
BANNED

^

Next Saturday CSU Pueblo has its biggest test of the year so far. If they can win then I think they should be one of the top 25 teams in the nation for division 2.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 6:18 AM
I like this much better

So. Uh. The Rockies have fucked themselves. Müller got fuckin concussed again. Orton nearly threw for 500 yards but the broncos were pathetic in the red zone. The next few years for the Nuggets are in the balance. The Rapids are playing well. Tulo is playing unreal. And, yet, CSU-PUEBLO is all you hear in the Denver sports thread.

The hell?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 2:54 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
So. Uh. The Rockies have fucked themselves. Müller got fuckin concussed again. Orton nearly threw for 500 yards but the broncos were pathetic in the red zone. The next few years for the Nuggets are in the balance. The Rapids are playing well. Tulo is playing unreal. And, yet, CSU-PUEBLO is all you hear in the Denver sports thread.

The hell?
Meh, I think it's the burn-out stemming from the Broncos being terrible, the Nuggets coming apart, and the Rockies coming up a little short.

Plus, it's fun to argue with the most delusional person on the forum, and it's especially fun watching Gio verbally eviscerate him.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Sep 27, 2010 at 3:30 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 3:43 PM
I like this much better

Am I the only hockey fan then? I mean, it's not a rare thing but come on! The puck drops in less than 2 weeks!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 9:02 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post

The hell?
The Rockies somehow had their hearts broken in LA it seems like. I was at all three games in that series... 7 runs then 12 then 6 but to lose in extra innings on the last game of the set, after a TERRIBLE blown double play call. They just haven't looked the same since. They put a good fight up in a couple games this weekend getting one and coming just short in another.

What was also fun was reading about the Giants accusing the Rox of cheating and especially about Lincecum whining that it was on his mind that the balls he got in his game may have not come from the humidor. Got to admire his uhm balls for actually suggesting that the Rockies used different baseballs in a game they scored a single run in.

I'm more looking forward to hockey when I can watch it at the Pepsi center again. Hockey is a game which is orders of magnitude better in person than on TV because of the huge amount of action going on away from the puck. Plus it's just not possible to watch many Av's games here in LA.

I'm thrilled that CSU-P is doing well...Those kids need something to be happy about when they have to try to use their degrees from that institution to find actual jobs.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 5:09 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Don't remind me about the Rox. I can't stand their streaky play. I know! What did the last LA game crush their soul that much?!? They are only 1-7 since.

We're done. Offense waaay to hot and cold this year. Pitching could have been better, but 3 runs by Ubaldo should easily be overcome at Coors.

It must have just been a rule this year that we weren't allowed to get closer than 2.5 games back in the playoff hunt. Every time we closed in fast, we had a loud fall. Very strange.

Melo is still a Thugget, apparently. Yay?

I like the Avs but hockey is probably the lowest on my list of big sports. I like all sports, mind you, but one has to be at the bottom. You can but NASCAR, tennis, and golf below hockey though. I can't stand watching that.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 6:24 AM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRey View Post
Don't remind me about the Rox. I can't stand their streaky play. I know! What did the last LA game crush their soul that much?!? They are only 1-7 since.

We're done. Offense waaay to hot and cold this year. Pitching could have been better, but 3 runs by Ubaldo should easily be overcome at Coors.

It must have just been a rule this year that we weren't allowed to get closer than 2.5 games back in the playoff hunt. Every time we closed in fast, we had a loud fall. Very strange.

Melo is still a Thugget, apparently. Yay?

I like the Avs but hockey is probably the lowest on my list of big sports. I like all sports, mind you, but one has to be at the bottom. You can but NASCAR, tennis, and golf below hockey though. I can't stand watching that.
Actually that reminds me.. the best thing to EVER come out of Pueblo was the contention by one of their sports writers that "if it does't have a ball, it's not a sport". I have SUCH a great time with that with my white trash friends I made in the south in FL. SOOOOOOOO Much fun to tell a dixieland republican that NASCAR isn't a sport.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
Actually that reminds me.. the best thing to EVER come out of Pueblo was the contention by one of their sports writers that "if it does't have a ball, it's not a sport". I have SUCH a great time with that with my white trash friends I made in the south in FL. SOOOOOOOO Much fun to tell a dixieland republican that NASCAR isn't a sport.
Actually you have to have balls to be in NASCAR. That's figuratively speaking Danica.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 3:46 PM
BANNED

Talking Pack keeps rising toward Top 25

More good news for CSU Pueblo as they continue to improve:

WACO, Tex. (GoThunderWolves.com - Sept. 27, 2010) - For the fourth consecutive weekm, CSU-Pueblo has received votes in the AFCA Division II National Top 25 poll, garnering 17 votes, the AFCA announced Monday.

CSU-Pueblo is joined by two other RMAC teams in the poll - Nebraska-Kearney (No. 17) and Colorado Mines (receiving 15 votes).

Currently at 4-0 and off to their best start since 1980 (when CSU-Pueblo won their only RMAC championship), CSU-Pueblo has won eight straight games, dating back to last season, the second-longest winning streak in school history. CSU-Pueblo is the only undefeated team in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.

It marks the fifth time since the program was restarted in 2008 that the ThunderWolves received votes in the AFCA poll.

Prior to its forays in the AFCA Division II poll, the ThunderWolves last appeared in a national poll in 1983, when the program was still classified as an NAIA school.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 4:17 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
More good news for CSU Pueblo as they continue to improve:

WACO, Tex. (GoThunderWolves.com - Sept. 27, 2010) - For the fourth consecutive weekm, CSU-Pueblo has received votes in the AFCA Division II National Top 25 poll, garnering 17 votes, the AFCA announced Monday.

CSU-Pueblo is joined by two other RMAC teams in the poll - Nebraska-Kearney (No. 17) and Colorado Mines (receiving 15 votes).

Currently at 4-0 and off to their best start since 1980 (when CSU-Pueblo won their only RMAC championship), CSU-Pueblo has won eight straight games, dating back to last season, the second-longest winning streak in school history. CSU-Pueblo is the only undefeated team in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.

It marks the fifth time since the program was restarted in 2008 that the ThunderWolves received votes in the AFCA poll.

Prior to its forays in the AFCA Division II poll, the ThunderWolves last appeared in a national poll in 1983, when the program was still classified as an NAIA school.
My goodness there's a lot of acronyms I've never heard of there. Do they just assume that every sports fan knows these? RMAC - is that Regional Mediocre Acedemic Colleges? NAIA - National Aliance of Insignificant Atheletes? AFCA? I mean come on.. it's not like they're talking NFL, BCS, PAC-10 etc... at least spell out the abbreviations the first time or those of us who don't follow colleges with "-city" names get lost quick.

(yeah eeyore before you actually give me them with a straight face I know what they mean)

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 4:52 PM
I like this much better

ThunderWolves?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 5:42 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
(yeah eeyore before you actually give me them with a straight face I know what they mean)
It's actually amazing that the RMAC is the oldest athletic conference in DII and is nearly as old as the Big 10. You'd think it would be an East Coast conference with that distinction.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 7:56 PM
BANNED

I am not going to argue on way or the other as I am not the one who wrote it but keep in mind I did get this from the CSU Pueblo main web page in the sports part where they have all the acronyms spelled out so maybe they thought it was redundant to have them spelled out in the article as well.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 9:15 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

So if they're almost in the top 25, in the division below the division below the bowl divisions... that makes them, what, the... 270th rated team in the country? That's gotta be front page news in Pweeblo!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 9:30 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Wait, didn't D1A and D1AA become either BCS or FCS? So is D2 still the division below the division below the bowl division or is it the division below the division that has two championship series for football?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 9:44 PM
BANNED

You can't compare D1 and D2 schools. Just like you don't compare D1 to the NFL. Its apples to oranges

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 10:13 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
You can't compare D1 and D2 schools. Just like you don't compare D1 to the NFL. Its apples to oranges
So no more comparisons between CSU and CSU Jr from now on?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 10:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
So no more comparisons between CSU and CSU Jr from now on?
Fair enough because there is no CSU JR

Now if you are refering to CSU Pueblo they are sister schools.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 10:53 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Now if you are refering to CSU Pueblo they are sister schools.

Only if one is the inbred, retarded, quadruple amputee sister who's locked away in the attic.

Poor CSU JR, no respect.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West