HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 9:28 PM

The only noise comes from Canadian teams because were the only ones who watch the games.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
The only noise comes from Canadian teams because were the only ones who watch the games.
Those "two" Canadian teams who happen to be the polar opposite, in particular

I never hear the Toronto media whine about it endlessly. Though, I suppose they are busy doing their hero worship of whoever the latest call-up is.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 10:28 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by telyou View Post
In that case Oilers and Flames fans should shut the bleep up and all hockey talk should remain between Habs and Leaf fans.
You're not the brightest one in here are you?

That doesn't make any sense. Are you confusing growing up being exposed to hockey with growing up being exposed a local team?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 10:29 PM

It seems Jets fans have been the best behaved on this thead for what it's worth.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 10:31 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
I remember when the Flames used to play physical and be hard to play against. Oh, those were the days. Now we're almost as tinkerbell-like as the Canucks and Habs.
A yes, the Sutter give it 150% all season long and have absolutely nothing left in the tank for the post season. It easy to convince underachievers to play that way for a year, it's impossible to get them to play that way year after year.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
A yes, the Sutter give it 150% all season long and have absolutely nothing left in the tank for the post season. It easy to convince underachievers to play that way for a year, it's impossible to get them to play that way year after year.
Better than being a pushover 90% of the time and not showing up for 60% of games, and not making the playoffs 100% of the time.

Besides, everyone knows our playoff problems were all Dion's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
It seems Jets fans have been the best behaved on this thead for what it's worth.
Winnipeg is probably used to nobody paying attention to them Why stir the pot, now~

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
So can i call the fans of other hockey teams douches like feepa? I think it was more those comments that have annoyed the Canuck fans
I didn't see any of that. If forum members are resorting to calling each other names than that may be considered trolling, if not, definitely impolite. However, if one bashes a hockey players integrity, that is not. It may be true, and it may not be, but it can be considered of opinion. If one dislikes a hockey team and wants to make it known, once again not trolling. Once it becomes a personal attack it is trolling. For example (All of the following are true except the last one);

I cannot stand the Sedin's, and personally think they are whiners, hackers, and are turning hockey into soccer.

I hate Toronto (the team, not the city)

I love the Jets.

I liked the Canucks before the Jets came back, I have never liked the players that make up the Canucks.

I really don't like the Oilers (Because of their past with my Jets) but love the R.N.H, Eberle, and Hall Trio and think it has major potential in the future.

You guys are all a bunch of pricks, and need to go get a life and stop b@($(ing on a forum.

Now you may notice that some of these are harsh compared to others but all but the last are relevant and are therefore not a form of Trolling.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 11:43 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Along with Sens fa.. oh, wait.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 11:45 PM
Change is good

The fans I were calling douchy do not possess the same intelligence the canuck fans on this forum have. You are of a higher class, and a welcome change from the fans I've run across in real life.
If you took what I said personally, I'm sorry, it was not intended against you, just most of the rest of your fan base (and anyone who listens to Fan 980 like its gospel)

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
The fans I were calling douchy do not possess the same intelligence the canuck fans on this forum have. You are of a higher class, and a welcome change from the fans I've run across in real life.
If you took what I said personally, I'm sorry, it was not intended against you, just most of the rest of your fan base.
This is true~ though I always assume people on other forums are at most 16 years old, usually. I'd be sad to know I'm wrong.

Anywho, Marchand suspended 5 games. Big deal.

Based on the history of these collisions it's only because Salo was allegedly injured (let's be honest, unless Marchand is punching you in the eye with his Stanley Cup ring, being injured by him is a bit pathetic) on the play. Which was bound to happen eventually, to a guy who by TSN's count has missed 240 games with 10 separate injuries. He could concuss himself and throw out a shoulder by brushing his hair.

Let's look at some plays where there was no fragile player (well,except Hamhuis), or major penalty.

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

In my mind the McGinn one was the best / worst of those

Last edited by Yume-sama; Jan 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 2:10 AM

Quote:
I remember when the Flames used to play physical and be hard to play against. Oh, those were the days. Now we're almost as tinkerbell-like as the Canucks and Habs.

Maybe the Canadian teams are becoming more like the average Canadian...
Almost? I'm pretty sure the Flames are just as tinkerbell-like as the Canucks and the average Canadian.

The Canucks are really playing like tinkerbells tonight in Miami.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 2:27 AM

Until Jarome Iginla leaves this team there's still at least one player who'll stand up for himself

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 3:26 AM
Go Chiefs!

Brad Marchand suspended 5 games... at least one good decision by the NHL.

Although I am kind of disappointed Emelin won't be able to destroy that little bitch on Thursday just like Subban did last year...
Video Link

BTW- Emelin is bigger and stronger than Subban...look at what happened when Malone tried to hit him Saturday. Malone is 6" 4 and 219 lbs.
Video Link

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 5:29 AM

Are hipchecks not allowed in the new (pansified) NHL?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 5:44 AM

^^^
I've seen this ''Clipping'' call a few times and was wondering the same thing .

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 5:51 AM

Clipping is defined as a hit with point of contact below the knees. Which this wasn't, but the tinman forgot to put his grease on and got injured.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 6:01 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I know this isn't the rule, but to me, at the hips is fine but anywhere below should be penalized.

I don't mind the suspension, but the Canucks' comments regarding the hit are very hypocritical.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 6:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
I know this isn't the rule, but to me, at the hips is fine but anywhere below should be penalized.

I don't mind the suspension, but the Canucks' comments regarding the hit are very hypocritical.
Considering I didn't want to go overkill Nicko style and post more than 4 video examples lol I agree that it's not an ideal hit, but it is a hit that is not usually punished, and this wasn't even the worst example. And, Marchand was explained to that it is not punishable after the Raymond incident in last years playoffs. The NHL is very inconsistent on just about everything that it does. My feeling is the suspension only happened because of the injury, and to quiet any incessant whining that would come out of a media market like Vancouver for the next 12+ months until these teams meet again.

Last edited by Yume-sama; Jan 10, 2012 at 6:18 AM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 6:52 AM

Quote:
Clipping is defined as a hit with point of contact below the knees. Which this wasn't, but the tinman forgot to put his grease on and got injured.
Video Link

It's at or below the knees.

These type of hits are definitely dangerous, but the Raymond incident is clearly self preservation.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
Closed account

Quote:
This is true~ though I always assume people on other forums are at most 16 years old, usually. I'd be sad to know I'm wrong.
I think Feepa is talking about HFboards.... Canucks fans there, well..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada