HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 6:28 PM

Kasich, Kvamme announce DunnhumbyUSA incentives

Quote:
Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Jobs Ohio President Mark Kvamme were in Cincinnati Tuesday to announce a state job creation tax credit for DunnhumbyUSA.

The company, which is planning to relocate its downtown headquarters to the corner of Fifth and Race streets, said it could eventually double the amount of office space to 10 floors from the initial five it plans at its new location.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...nhumbyusa.html

So it looks like Dunnhumby's new building will be 1 floor of retail, possibly a few levels of parking, and an initial 5 office floors with the option to build an additional 5 levels later on. This doesn't include any potential residential component, which is not mentioned in the article. Also, they will double their work force in the next 2 years.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 10:59 PM

Forgot this one.

Group Health Associates Medical Office Building
Cost: $24 million

Quote:
TriHealth broke ground on a new Medical Office Building (MOB) to more closely connect one of its medical groups, Group Health Associates (GHA), with one of its hospitals, Good Samaritan. The 65,000 square foot MOB project is a $24 million investment in Uptown.
Source: http://www.uptowncincinnati.com/cons...jects/projects

Source: https://cgha.com/about/news/New-Clif...struction.aspx

Construction should be complete this summer.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 4:34 AM

Rookwood Exchange
Cost: $100 million

Ground Finally Broken on Rookwood Exchange
Quote:
A long-awaited development project at a highly-visible intersection finally goes from bad dream to reality. After a decade of setbacks and court battles, construction is finally underway on the Rookwood Exchange.
Local 12's Joe Webb says with a shiny new shovel, the Rookwood Exchange project went from question mark to construction project this afternoon. Developer Jeff Anderson laid out plans for a 123 room Courtyard Marriott hotel, 750 space parking garage and a 230,000 square foot office building with retail on the first floor. He says it will be high end space. "We're now going into what we call, instead of class A...going above class A and between us and the Western Southern building, these should be the nicest office buildings built in the greater Cincinnati area."
Source: http://www.local12.com/news/local/st...kC7R4k.twitter

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:41 AM

Cincinnati Streetcar Rolling Stock Selected

According to John Schneider, a local transit advocate who works closely with the city on the streetcar project, said today on UrbanOhio that Cincinnati's streetcars will be made by CAF-USA in Elmira, N.Y. They are based in Spain, and built Houston's LRVs.

Their website: http://www.caf.es/ingles/productos/tranvias.php

I will post a link as soon as something is announced officially.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 2:56 AM

The mayor gave his State of the City address last night and made the announcement of the rolling stock.
This design was unveiled:

Source: http://www.wvxu.org/news/wvxunews_article.asp?ID=9939

It looks like it could be a shortened/modified version of the trams in Zaragoza Spain.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 2:59 AM
Show me the blueprints

transportpolitic

So this could be the car chosen for Cincy. Very cool. It's nice to see an alternative, and sexier one at that, to the Skoda/United Streetcar models of Portland/Tacoma/Seattle fame that also seem to be used in every 3D animation for hopeful streetcar projects around the country. These CAF cars look great. Does anyone there in Cincy have any insight into what the paint livery of the rolling stock will be? Would be nice to see yellow play a dominate theme as an obvious reference to the cities past streetcars.

EDIT

Just saw the rendering above this post. Seems the model is different. I like the red too. Great either way!

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Last edited by Busy Bee; Apr 11, 2012 at 3:17 AM.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 5:03 AM

I completely agree with you about the Skoda cars. They look great, but I'm glad we're going with something different. I admit, I was holding out hope for Stadler trams similar to the ones in London, but I think these look great!

Also, thanks for posting the picture Busy Bee. They look pretty similar except for the front end and doors. Either way I think they're going to look great. I think the paint should be pretty similar to the picture I posted. Kind of a Reds/University of Cincinnati color scheme.

Just so everyone knows, we're getting 5 streetcars initially, with an option for 25 more as we expand the system.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 3:25 PM
Show me the blueprints

linkage

Apparently, and hopefully, without coincidence they are also referencing the historic red/white(cream) livery of the Cincinnati Street Railway. From what I can gather the yellow/green stripes livery came later in the PCC era.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 5:34 PM

^ Neat picture Busy Bee. Apparently the color scheme isn't final yet, but it will be similar.

Here is a better picture of the design:

Source: http://www.urbancincy.com/2012/04/ma...-city-address/

Mayor Mallory highlights successes, commits to transit in seventh State of the City address
Quote:
One of the most high-profile of these investments is the Cincinnati Streetcar, which the mayor highlighted and identified a five-phase expansion plan in conjunction with two regional light rail lines.

The future phases of modern streetcar extensions include a route running from Over-the-Rhine to Uptown, a line running from Uptown to Walnut Hills, a center city loop serving Newport and Covington, and a line extending from Over-the-Rhine to Union Terminal. The two regional light rail lines would service the I-71 and I-75 corridors.

Mayor Mallory then took the opportunity to announce that Spanish-based Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles (CAF) will manufacture Cincinnati’s five initial modern streetcar vehicles at their United States facility in Elmira, New York.

“Before we are even finished with the first phase, we have started work on the second phase,” Mallory revealed. “I have already asked for federal funds to study which route will be used to connect to our assets in the uptown area like UC, the hospitals, the zoo, and the EPA.”

Source: http://www.urbancincy.com/2012/04/ma...-city-address/

In the Mayor's speech, he mentioned that our old Subway tunnels will be used for light rail!!!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 8:11 PM
Show me the blueprints

All great news. Go Cincy!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 3:53 AM

Over-the-Rhine's transformation far from over
Quote:
OVER-THE-RHINE - The contractors have it down pat: Expose aging brick walls and tin ceilings. Finish hardwood floors. Repaint colorful trim and gargoyles. Pour new concrete sidewalks, and brighten up facades with freshly planted window boxes. And then: Bring in hundreds of new residents, from young professionals to first-time homebuyers to empty-nest baby boomers.

In just six years, developers have moved Over-the-Rhine from one of America’s poorest, most run-down neighborhoods to among its most promising.

“It’s the best development in the country right now,” says Tom Murphy, a senior resident fellow at the Urban Land Institute in Washington, D.C., and a former mayor of Pittsburgh. “You have governments paralyzed and doom and gloom going on around the country, yet there’s this remarkable model in Cincinnati.”
Source: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...er?odyssey=mod

Key Points: 3CDC will start work on 247 new townhomes and apartments within the next 60 days. By next summer, 3CDC ALONE will have rehabbed over 100 historic buildings in Over-the-Rhine. 3CDC still owns another 100 buildings in the neighborhood, which will be developed in future phases.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2012, 8:11 AM

Thought I would post this picture of the Banks on opening day! As you can see, the restaurants/bars down there do extremely well, even when there isn't a game in town. You can see the pad for the coming hotel in the top left of the picture.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 8:32 PM

Cincinnati City Council prepares to take action against urban parking mandates
Quote:
Cincinnati Vice Mayor Roxanne Qualls (C) has introduced a motion co-sponsored by Councilmembers Laure Quinlivan (D), Chris Seelbach (D), Yvette Simpson (D), Cecil Thomas (D) and Wendell Young (D) to eliminate minimum parking requirements in historic Over-the-Rhine and the Central Business District.
Source: http://www.urbancincy.com/2012/04/ci...king-mandates/

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 8:36 PM

An update on Dunnhumby's new headquarters at Fifth and Race Streets.

Quote:
This $100 million project will include a 1,000-space, above and below grade public parking garage, approximately 40,000 SF of street-level commercial space, a mid-rise office building for dunnhumbyUSA headquarters, and potential residential units.
Source: http://www.3cdc.org/images/editor/Ma...0Report(1).pdf

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 9:24 PM
Show me the blueprints

Great news on ditching parking minumums, one of the banes of urban revitalization in America for decades. It takes balls to propose this, good for those couragious council members. Not to mutter a cliche, but I think if Cincinnati keeps up with its' progressive policies I believe it could be used as an example of a 'Portland' for the midwest.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Great news on ditching parking minumums, one of the banes of urban revitalization in America for decades. It takes balls to propose this, good for those couragious council members. Not to mutter a cliche, but I think if Cincinnati keeps up with its' progressive policies I believe it could be used as an example of a 'Portland' for the midwest.
Now if only we could get a light rail system in our subway tunnels...

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 8:05 PM

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Research Tower
Cost: $180 Million
Height: 15 Stories
Construction Starts in June 2012

Children's to build research tower
Quote:
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center will build a 15-story research tower on its main campus by 2015, adding enough space to allow it to hire up to 100 research faculty during the next five years.

Source: http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/r...nces-building/

Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...s-plan-to.html

Last edited by natiboy; Apr 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 1:11 AM

Where is the hospital in relation to downtown ?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Where is the hospital in relation to downtown ?
It's in Uptown, which is about 4 miles North of Downtown. The hospital is right by the University of Cincinnati and the Zoo.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 3:51 AM

Gotcha, it'll sure be prominent.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations