HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 2:34 AM

Anyone heard rumors about the sale of the CSX Hulsey yard on DeKalb Ave?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 3:27 AM

Great pics ConstuctDTLA. It's a bit sad how Hanover Buckhead Village has sterilized that part of town (mostly the street-level presence).

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 12:54 PM

Hanover Buckhead

Hanover's street level is a bit disappointing, no?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 3:26 PM

Hanover Buckhead Village isn't done yet. That wall is blank because the retail spaces are still covered up.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Hanover Buckhead Village isn't done yet. That wall is blank because the retail spaces are still covered up.
I’m rooting that loudermilk buys out the bank parcel at the northern side of the park and turns that into a high rise, too.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Thanks. That makes me feel a bit better.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmckibben View Post
I've heard a lot of wishing but no rumors. I'd love to hear some... Mayor Keisha, tear down this wall!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 5:22 AM

Quote:
CSX was specifically asked about it during the Southside Trail purchase announcement a few weeks ago. They said no plans to sell.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I’m rooting that loudermilk buys out the bank parcel at the northern side of the park and turns that into a high rise, too.
100% Agree. With The Charles and Hanover Buckhead on opposite sides would make for a great urban pocket park experience.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUrbanist90 View Post
100% Agree. With The Charles and Hanover Buckhead on opposite sides would make for a great urban pocket park experience.
I used that park once to work at during the day. I was the only one on a great spring afternoon. Better crosswalks to it and maybe some food nearby would encourage more people to stop by.

Of course, that was a while ago and I don't make it up there very often so that may have changed.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 6:24 PM
BANNED

CODA is already making a presence

https://twitter.com/mckayWSB

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Wasn't there also some speculation about that property being added to Loudermilk Park someday?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post

Indeed! Can't wait for Anthem to join...S. Midtown will have tres juju

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:56 AM

Quote:

I see Lilli sticking out too.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:22 PM

Hulsey Yard

I wanted to see if anyone had heard what I am about to pass along.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have heard rumors, from some business owners along Carroll Street in Cabbagetown, that Disney is looking to buy the Hulsey yard complex from CSX. I did find a post on another forum from last year quoting a CSX exec saying that they were looking to consolidate rail yard operations and sell of the real estate:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...4-atlanta.html

Gotta admit that the Hulsey Yard real estate would be worth quite a bit of money. From what my "source" says, Disney is looking to build an entertainment complex aimed at adults that blends in with the neighborhood. I can't find a thing about it in the news which makes me a little suspicious, but Disney does usually place some pretty ironclad non disclosures on any negotiations they enter into.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:32 PM

Quote:

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have heard rumors, from some business owners along Carroll Street in Cabbagetown, that Disney is looking to buy the Hulsey yard complex from CSX. I did find a post on another forum from last year quoting a CSX exec saying that they were looking to consolidate rail yard operations and sell of the real estate:

Gotta admit that the Hulsey Yard real estate would be worth quite a bit of money. From what my "source" says, Disney is looking to build an entertainment complex aimed at adults that blends in with the neighborhood. I can't find a thing about it in the news which makes me a little suspicious, but Disney does usually place some pretty ironclad non disclosures on any negotiations they enter into.
Oh my god that would be the worst. Worse even than a Fuqua project.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:

I say bring it on!!!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:17 PM

Quote:

Are there other examples of Disney doing something along these lines? Are we talking about something like Downtown Disney, or is there a chance you'd barely be able to recognize it as a Disney property? I don't even know what to picture at this point.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:18 PM

Quote:
I say bring it on!!!
Interesting... Disney eh?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:30 PM

Quote:

Wow. That would definitely be an excellent place for a large complex. The beltline could be redirected right through the middle of Hulsey. If not Disney, someone need to build a massive mixed use complex there. (Just don't forget the affordable housing )

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations