HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jun 10, 2018, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JArch View Post
The building has now gone down to 12 stories as per the cities again revised zoning for the area. Design looks like it's developed quite a bit in the past couple months... still has the terraced look but toned down a bit, looks growing on me.
shorter and toned down.... Hamilton's unofficial slogan

Old Posted Jun 10, 2018, 8:22 PM

imho ....never going to be bulit , just using deposits for endless renders.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 3:33 AM
Species: Homo Hamiltonus

12 storeys makes more sense in that location anyway.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandori View Post
We paid ~325,000 for a 1000sqft (1bed, 2 bath, 1 den) loft unit in the original portion of the building w/ brick exteriors. The model suite was just too nice to resist purchasing. We were also duped into thinking it would be done by the end of 2017, which is what they said when we made the purchase in the first place.

Harry just had a private screening for the new tower part of the building this past weekend as an option for people to move up to the tower if they want. Personally, I think the tower will look awful and is just a normal condominium. Not only that, he mentioned the entire north half of the building is contaminated to bedrock with chemical wastes and will need to be dug up and thrown out. Expected construction time is 24-36 months for the tower. The southern half is good enough to simply dig and create a new foundation for the 4th/5th floors and basement parking. Harry is planning on releasing these revised floor/building plans privately in the next 2-3 weeks and going public after the next month or two.

He's also offering credit to those who wish to change units since he believes the units could probably draw more money if he sells them now rather than 2 years ago. This is also because the 4th/5th floors at Gibson School Lofts have been rejected by city planners and those who bought those units will have to transfer their money to a Beasley Lofts or Buffalo Hotel unit or take a refund. I don't know why he keeps trying to peddle his stupid hotel idea, no one seems interested.

If you guys have any questions, let me know.
Hi. just wondering who this meeting was for? i bought a unit in the Beasley Lofts and i didn't get any notice about this meeting. Following the email that someone else posted, which was sent out in the early part of the year, there was radio silence for months. Then, in early June, we received an email advising that they were releasing new suite layouts and pricing this past weekend in the office only. they wrote that the "intention is to present the current plans so you can assess your next steps". they also noted those are still a work in progress (when occupancy was supposed to be February 2018) and that the building design details were still to be reviewed by the City on June 22, 2018. When we went we were advising that the ENTIRE old warehouse, other than the south where the boutique hotel and shops are going, is to be demolished. apparently, 2 years after selling lofts to the public, they suddenly discovered chemical contamination (but not the entire building, just the one that is suddenly now going to be 12 floors). so anyone that thought they bought an old building will be getting a completely new building. Oh, and those 13 foot ceiling you thought you were getting - not so much. they'll maybe be 11 feet. Oh, and occupancy that was supposed to be February, 2018 might be about 4 years from now. This is all from Harry's office. Just wondered if anyone switched units, or met with Harry or his people, and found out anything else.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 7:34 PM

Newest Concept (12 floors)

This is the design they are now giving out to unit owners.

Last edited by forumhma; Jun 12, 2018 at 8:03 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 8:59 PM
#HamOnt can grow UPWARDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumhma View Post
Hi. just wondering who this meeting was for? i bought a unit in the Beasley Lofts and i didn't get any notice about this meeting. Following the email that someone else posted, which was sent out in the early part of the year, there was radio silence for months. Then, in early June, we received an email advising that they were releasing new suite layouts and pricing this past weekend in the office only. they wrote that the "intention is to present the current plans so you can assess your next steps". they also noted those are still a work in progress (when occupancy was supposed to be February 2018) and that the building design details were still to be reviewed by the City on June 22, 2018. When we went we were advising that the ENTIRE old warehouse, other than the south where the boutique hotel and shops are going, is to be demolished. apparently, 2 years after selling lofts to the public, they suddenly discovered chemical contamination (but not the entire building, just the one that is suddenly now going to be 12 floors). so anyone that thought they bought an old building will be getting a completely new building. Oh, and those 13 foot ceiling you thought you were getting - not so much. they'll maybe be 11 feet. Oh, and occupancy that was supposed to be February, 2018 might be about 4 years from now. This is all from Harry's office. Just wondered if anyone switched units, or met with Harry or his people, and found out anything else.
So sorry to hear that... Harry is a bad news developer.

Follow us on Twitter or
Like us on Facebook!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootaround View Post
So sorry to hear that... Harry is a bad news developer.
Yeah seems that way. I did the research on him before I bought and I know he built 1 King and the Candy Lofts so I thought it would be ok. But now I’m hearing all kinds of stories that are worrisome.

If anyone else has units in the Beasley Lofts building get in touch. I’d love to talk to you.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
The meeting would have been for all the unit owners. I almost missed this one cause they miss typed my email address when they sent out the invites.

When I bought in I was told the soil was heavily contaminated and that developed into that part of the building would need to be torn down which is when the taller building happened. Current estimate for timeline I heard 3 years which should be reasonable but don't hold your breath, 4 could be more accurate depending on how things pan out. My unit in the old building where the tower is going so I'm looking into moving up in the tower currently. And to clarify he's only said the NW part of the building is being torn down, 75% of the old building will still be there so if your units in the part you should be good. Still think this will be a great building when it does finally get done but it is a very long wait...

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 1:30 AM

Based on stories from the Stinson School, buyers can also look forward to haggling with Harry for months or years after you move in over deficiencies in your unit and in the building common areas.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
Based on stories from the Stinson School, buyers can also look forward to haggling with Harry for months or years after you move in over deficiencies in your unit and in the building common areas.
Yeah I’m afraid of that given his reputation and that there is no Tarion

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah I’m afraid of that given his reputation and that there is no Tarion
I think if you bought into the conversion after January 1 2018 you'll get the Tarion warranty, before that it had to be a new build. But technically if you're in the new building you may get that since it's not a conversion... not 100% sure on those details though.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 8:44 PM

Quote:
I think if you bought into the conversion after January 1 2018 you'll get the Tarion warranty, before that it had to be a new build. But technically if you're in the new building you may get that since it's not a conversion... not 100% sure on those details though.
That would make sense. Not sure about post January Tarion rules.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 8:46 PM

Quote:
The meeting would have been for all the unit owners. I almost missed this one cause they miss typed my email address when they sent out the invites.

When I bought in I was told the soil was heavily contaminated and that developed into that part of the building would need to be torn down which is when the taller building happened. Current estimate for timeline I heard 3 years which should be reasonable but don't hold your breath, 4 could be more accurate depending on how things pan out. My unit in the old building where the tower is going so I'm looking into moving up in the tower currently. And to clarify he's only said the NW part of the building is being torn down, 75% of the old building will still be there so if your units in the part you should be good. Still think this will be a great building when it does finally get done but it is a very long wait...
I didn’t get an invite to this. I got everything else but this. Which in itself is annoying.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 9:44 PM

Stinson is a loser. If they advertise a 2018 movein expect 2028.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 3:54 AM

The yellow on black is pretty cool - but it'll probably be countless renders still before it's actually done, if it ever gets built at all..

I do like the new render though - def. looks more streamlined.. and I like that glass roof pyramid..

also why is "real lofts" underlined in the article? What are they getting at?

East Coast Ormus: http://east-coast-ormuseco.myshopify.com

Chron Online Riddle: http://www.chronriddles.com

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton