HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 10, 2016, 11:44 PM

Welby [Lovejoy Square] | 234' | 22 floors | Proposed

Quote:
Pearl District property home to On Deck sells for nearly $20 million

A full city block in the Pearl District sold for nearly $20 million on Friday to a developer based across the Columbia River.

Killian Pacific purchased the Lovejoy Square property – bounded by Northwest Lovejoy Street, Northwest Kearney Street, Northwest 13th Avenue and Northwest 14th Avenue – for more than $19.7 million, said Don Drake, a commercial real estate broker with the firm Melvin Mark.

Drake represented the sellers – limited liability companies affiliated with Thomas Lasky and Jeffrey Howard, both from Michigan, and local developer Mark Madden. The last time the property sold was in 2004, for just under $2.2 million to another limited liability company registered to Madden, records show. His WDC Properties improved the site the next year.
....continues at the Oregonian.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 7:04 PM

930 NW 14th Ave | xx' | 10 floors | Proposed

Bora Architects have scheduled a Pre-Application Conference to discuss a project at 930 NW 14th Ave:

Quote:
10 story mixed use building including retail, office, and residential. One level of below grade parking.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 2:36 AM

Well that didnt take long

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 2:16 PM

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 7:43 PM

A project at 930 NW 14th Ave has been submitted for Type III Design Review by Bora Architects:

Quote:
Construction of a new 10-story mixed-use building with ground floor retail, office space on floors 2-4, and residential units on floors 5-10. Two levels of below grade parking with 143 spaces proposed – with the garage entrance on NW14th.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 1:44 PM

Any news on this one?

It seems the main development is for the half block where OfficeMax is?
Is The Deck staying?

Or is it a full block development?
Any idea when they'll get cracking on it?

(I ask selfishly, as I bought a condo in a building overlooking the site)

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
Any news on this one?

It seems the main development is for the half block where OfficeMax is?
Is The Deck staying?

Or is it a full block development?
Any idea when they'll get cracking on it?

(I ask selfishly, as I bought a condo in a building overlooking the site)
I am glad to see On Deck go. They are terrible neighbors.

Replacing the Office Max building is curious. That building is relatively new.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 9:00 PM

via portlandmaps, I found this image of what the Office Max building looked like prior to the remodel:

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I am glad to see On Deck go. They are terrible neighbors.

Replacing the Office Max building is curious. That building is relatively new.

Again, I don't know if On Deck is going or not.
I sure hope so, but I don't know...

Wanting to confirm that before I get too excited.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
Again, I don't know if On Deck is going or not.
I sure hope so, but I don't know...

Wanting to confirm that before I get too excited.
I agree, nothing confirmed ...

However, Bora's descriptions so far claim either one level of below-grade parking with 67 spaces, or 2 levels of below-grade parking with 143 spaces. I think you'd need the full block for either of those configurations.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 10:52 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

It's hard to believe the Office Max remodel was done over a decade ago. I'm guessing here, but... I'd bet this photo Mac posted of it was taken in 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
via portlandmaps, I found this image of what the Office Max building looked like prior to the remodel:

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
It's hard to believe the Office Max remodel was done over a decade ago. I'm guessing here, but... I'd bet this photo Mac posted of it was taken in 2002.
Sounds about right ... Marshall-Wells opened in late 2002/early 2003 - you can see in the background they just finished putting in the new windows and are finishing the exterior paint. Seems consistent with a year out from move-in...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 5:59 PM

When at On Deck last week we asked the owner (or manager?) and he said they had just renewed their lease as well as the Office Max. If I remember correctly, he said their lease was for 10years and the buyout option is $2.9mil. The Office Max is probably far more. The price of the buildings, plus the contract buyouts, seems like an awful lot of money for a little 10 story building.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 9:54 PM
BANNED

Good love On Deck the staff there and people I meet there. Fun place to watch blazer games

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 12:33 AM

I spoke to a friend who is on the Pearl District land use / transportation committee. From what he heard a few months ago, the project is for full block (ie both buildings). However the developer doesn't intend to move forward for a few years.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 1:10 AM

What I was told (by someone who would know) was that the client wanted to get into design/permit review before the inclusionary zoning went into effect. So they asked the architect to push hard to get a design proposal submitted.

I also was told that all the same things posted above.. about the office max lease (although I perhaps was erroneously told 5 years... 10 makes more sense.)

I wouldn't expect a ton of activity right away. They have months to complete DR, and can file for voluntary extensions, and then once building permits are eventually issued, they have multiple years to execute the construction.

It 'could' be awhile.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 5:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrG View Post
What I was told (by someone who would know) was that the client wanted to get into design/permit review before the inclusionary zoning went into effect. So they asked the architect to push hard to get a design proposal submitted.

I also was told that all the same things posted above.. about the office max lease (although I perhaps was erroneously told 5 years... 10 makes more sense.)

I wouldn't expect a ton of activity right away. They have months to complete DR, and can file for voluntary extensions, and then once building permits are eventually issued, they have multiple years to execute the construction.

It 'could' be awhile.
does anyone know how many years an LUR approval is good for? I was thinking three years. what about a building permit?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrG View Post
What I was told (by someone who would know) was that the client wanted to get into design/permit review before the inclusionary zoning went into effect.
I'm more than a little behind the curve here ... What does inclusionary zoning mean? TIA.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 7:18 PM

The City has changed its zoning to require 20% of the units in a new multifamily building to be rented at below market rates. The new code comes into effect February 1st, so a lot of developers are submitting applications now so that their projects are reviewed against the current code. You can read the later pages in the Affordable Housing thread for more discussion.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 6:59 PM

Now on Design Commission agenda for June 15th:

Quote:
Type III Design Review for a 10-story, 148’-6” high, and 267,967 SF mixed-use building. Proposes 41,345 SF retail, 71,846 SF offices and 141, 756 SF (143 units) residential use. Two towers frame a raised courtyard that will be phased or built simultaneously. Two levels structured parking with 142 vehicular spaces and 2 loading dock spaces are proposed. Modifications are requested to Height, Bicycle Parking and Loading standards.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland