HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 19, 2018, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I'm guessing you're seeing the new town of riverview operations centre
Not sure, it's a massive building but "street view" doesn't go up to it. I'm on Google maps all the time and just hadn't noticed it.

It appears to back on to the edge of the trails at Mill Creek.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2018, 6:10 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I'm guessing you're seeing the new town of riverview operations centre
Yup.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 11:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Apparently the Royal Thai Restaurant will be opening in the Pine Glen Plaza next to the Five Bridges Restaurant.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2018, 12:57 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Apparently the Royal Thai Restaurant will be opening in the Pine Glen Plaza next to the Five Bridges Restaurant.
Apparently they were previously located on Morton? I have never heard of it before but they have a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/moncton.royal.thai/

Old Posted Dec 28, 2018, 4:14 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Proposal by Clayton Developments for a two residential building complex, totalling 72 units; with connecting breezeways and a common use structure between the two buildings. There will be underground parking and extensive landscaping. The development will be located on the NW corner of Gunningsville Blvd and Pinewood Road within Clayton's Fairway subdivision project.

Location map

Site plan

Schematic of one of the two buildings (they are identical)

renders (both showing the common use structure between the two residential buildings)

Personal note - a very classy looking development! There has been a definite uptick in the quality of residential apartment construction in the greater Moncton region over the last couple of years. They remain low rises, but construction quality has improved, and many projects have given vinyl siding the old heave-ho. I'm also encouraged by how many buildings now have underground parking.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Dec 28, 2018 at 3:50 PM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2018, 9:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

West Side Bar & Grill has an "opening soon" sign posted at the old Pizza Delight location across from the Riverview Mall.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 9:30 PM

Quote:
West Side Bar & Grill has an "opening soon" sign posted at the old Pizza Delight location across from the Riverview Mall.
Drove by today and the large logo sign is up on the pole outside.
But the logo is different from the above-mentioned chain, and both it and the other sign out front are calling the new restaurant "West Side's", not "West Side".
Even the job offerings online are calling it West Side's Restaurant.
I think this is a new restaurant name... can anyone confirm?

https://www.wowjobs.ca/BrowseResults...FPZ5FeuvVnSZWQ

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 12:49 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I'm quite sure this is an independent restaurant, and not a chain.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Wife and I went to give it a shot, I expected it to be in Meredith Bateman's old office but it was next to it in what I believe was a pizzeria prior to this.

It is not nice for eating in at all and I feel they should stick to take out only because it's small, cramped and the door is right in the middle of everything so its cold as hell. I suggest take-out only to those who want to try it but I won't lie, the food was terrible ... maybe opening jitters or just being too rushed but everything we tried tasted wrong/off.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Wife and I went to give it a shot, I expected it to be in Meredith Bateman's old office but it was next to it in what I believe was a pizzeria prior to this.

It is not nice for eating in at all and I feel they should stick to take out only because it's small, cramped and the door is right in the middle of everything so its cold as hell. I suggest take-out only to those who want to try it but I won't lie, the food was terrible ... maybe opening jitters or just being too rushed but everything we tried tasted wrong/off.
Really? That's too bad. My wife and I tried it last week and we enjoyed everything we ordered. I like the options we have in Riverview right now. New baby at home so being able to run around for quality takeout is great.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 12:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Welcome to the forums. Feels free to contribute anytime.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 7:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Apparently a new art gallery is coming to Coverdale Road, opening in February.

Glass Roots is opening at 406 Coverdale Rd (more or less across the street from the Chocolate River Station, at the corner of Coverdale & Montgomery).

https://www.glassrootsnb.ca/?fbclid=...t2tHPmqeUkHz4o
https://www.facebook.com/cdglassrootsinc/?rc=p

They have a current location in New Horton (along the shore road leading to Cape Enrage). From their websites, it appears they do good work.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2019, 4:56 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Some information regarding the current status of the proposed Riverview Wellness Centre, to be constructed in the Mill Creek area:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...Z-xrErDc2v9Wlk

Quote:
Riverview town council has launched a volunteer committee to guide development of its $16-million wellness centre expected to break ground in three years.
Quote:
It is expected to include an aquatics centre, walking track, community space and turf field house.

Last year, Riverview trimmed an ice surface from plans for the wellness centre to reduce the price. The town plans to build the centre in several phases.

The town has budgeted $250,000 this year to support fundraising and to further the facility's design and project management.

Construction is expected to take place in 2022 and 2023. It will be constructed on one of two sites near Mill Creek Park.

Rampersaud said subsequent phases may include an ice rink, depending on the needs of the community.
The field house is an interesting concept. The city currently lacks such a facility, unless you include the sports dome at the CN Sportsplex, which is a rather second rate facility if you ask me.........

Old Posted Jan 29, 2019, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Some information regarding the current status of the proposed Riverview Wellness Centre, to be constructed in the Mill Creek area:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...Z-xrErDc2v9Wlk

The field house is an interesting concept. The city currently lacks such a facility, unless you include the sports dome at the CN Sportsplex, which is a rather second rate facility if you ask me.........
AGREED about Sportsplex! Fieldhouse can be many different things, I wonder what would be included. A gym to workout in? Maybe a basketball court? A yoga studio? Who knows?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 4:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A couple of items of note from the agenda for the February PAC meeting for the town of Riverview:

https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...019_agenda.pdf

1) - An extension to Andal Plaza on Pinewood Road, apparently to allow for an expansion of the Dollar Store

2) - Rezoning to allow for the next phase of Clayton Developments "The Fairways" residential development

This new phase appears to consist of two storey duplexes, in behind the current assortment of single level bungalows.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 10:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A few tidbits about this Clayton Developments project in their Fairways subdivision (from the T&T today).

- 72 units
- high end construction
- underground heated parking, nine foot ceilings, exercise and social rooms.
- in floor radiant heat with individual unit heat pumps and A/C
- priced $1500-1800/month
- one to three bedroom units. (one BR units $975/month)
- 20 units pre leased already
- first building to start construction this spring.
- second building will start when demand warrants.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2019, 11:38 AM
Random Contributor

The ground has finally been broken for Building A on the corner of Cleveland and Whitepine. This project was started in 2013 but they built B-E first.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2019, 1:53 AM
Random Contributor

The third building in the Pinewood strip mall across from Fire Station is enclosed

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 2:08 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

Cordova Realty has big, big plans for the current Chocolate River Station site on Coverdale Road.

Try this one on for size..........

Two 10 storey residential towers on a common commercial/retail podium, with underground parking, facing Coverdale Road and backing on the Petitcodiac River boardwalk!!!

Information from the April agenda for the Town of Riverview PAC
https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...019_agenda.pdf

Location map

site plans

South elevation

Renderings

Quote:
The proposed design is intended to create a vibrant, mixed-use development along the Petitcodiac River that includes ground floor retail, indoor and outdoor parking, 150 residential units, outdoor roof terrace for residents, public outdoor plaza and landscape feature, connection to the riverfront trail, information kiosk and integration of a public display/art installation.
Quote:
Along the eastern side of the property, an outdoor plaza is created that connects the existing crosswalk at Coverdale Road to the riverfront trail. Commercial spaces extend along the full length of the plaza and further incorporates an information kiosk/office for public benefit. The plaza is protected by an overhead canopy that will also allow the integration of potential seating areas for the commercial spaces.
At the northeast corner of the property, between the plaza and outdoor parking area, a landscaped area is incorporated, which will provide a park-like setting with trees, lawn and seating for public use. To further animate this space as a public benefit, the portion of the north façade of the building that faces the park is proposed to incorporate a public display feature. This has the potential to offer display or interpretive opportunities to enhance the riverfront trail. It could further be considered as an open or invited art competition.
The building is designed to create the appearance of a one-storey podium with residential towers above. The two towers are designed and oriented to fit within the property boundaries while also incorporating setbacks from the street and adjoining properties. They are further separated from each other in order to maximize access to daylight and views. The podium roof, located between the towers, will be a landscaped roof terrace for use by residents and will be an important amenity space that offers common outdoor space with views toward the river.
If this proposal gets municipal approval, this will be an absolute game changer for the town of Riverview. There is no question that if this development happens, it will deserve it's own thread on SSP.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 28, 2019 at 2:22 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2019, 2:40 AM

A distinctive tall building being built in New Brunswick and NOT an Irving property? Almost too good to be true.

The buildings look neat, I hope they don't change much before they are built if they get cleared. It will certainly change the look of the shore line and could start densifying Riverview, giving the tricities an Urban feel on both sides of the river.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces