HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 24, 2013, 8:02 PM

Last edited by Le Charbonneur; Jul 8, 2018 at 9:42 AM.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2013, 8:25 PM

Last edited by Le Charbonneur; Jul 8, 2018 at 9:40 AM.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2013, 8:59 PM

Last edited by Le Charbonneur; Jul 8, 2018 at 9:41 AM.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Charbonneur View Post
To be honest if Paris could ranks 100th, i'd be very happy.....
I meet a lot of tourists in my job and i'm a bit tired to hear all the day the same (....) about Paris: so pretty, the most beautiful city in the world, so much fashion, so pretty , oh my gawd, wouah, wouhhhh!!!!!!!
Do you want more?
The best i heard was from a mother and her daughter, 2 blondes from Beverly Hills, they looked like comin straight from a 1980's soap (Santa Barbara or Dallas for those who remember)...
They told me Paris was the city of love where everybody seems to love each other....
I answered them: i think people you met in Paris love your money lololol....
They answered me that they have eaten a delicious "Patisserie" in a wonderfull Bakerie..... 100% true story

J'parie que nonobstant leur parenté, elles étaient 2 péripatéticiennes particulièrement éprises de Paris parce qu'elle n'épargnait pas leur partisannerie pour le Mont Parnasse.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2013, 9:55 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Charbonneur View Post
All the east of the 18th if it's not yet 100% pussified is gentrifying strong since the early 2000's except maybe Porte de La Chapelle cause there's nothing to gentrify there, the boulevard Ney with nothing along except east european hookers at night , train tracks,tower blocks, few warehouses and offices and the access to A1 expressway with crackheads under the underpass......
Well, don't forget all the redevelopment of this area.
Those former industrial areas around Boulevard Ney, Boulevard MacDonald will soon disappear.

Obviously with the numerous social housing planned here, those new districts will never become as wealthy as the 7th arrondissement (thankfully) but this will add more upper income people in the area like what happened in the 13th arrondissement.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 6:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
was indeed. nyc ranks 1-2nd over recent years and paris 3-4th. london has #1 spot currently. better up your game because played out star wars characters wont get paris a #1 fashion capitol ranking back anytime soon!
In your fantasies, certainly. The French/Italian specialized businesses still own fashion worldwide, at least when it comes to clothing and related products. Just check out their results. As far as I know, there's nothing comparable from either NYC or London or anywhere else. You know, as Italian women's shoes would really remain the sexiest, Milan and Paris remain the big names for the matter of clothing and so on. And you know what? In Paris, the youth of Japan for instance has yet been some of their very main inspiration for quite some time, I heard. Take a little look at the Japanese teens' creativity for clothing, you might eventually understand as I kinda did myself, though being pretty ignorant about these things. I guess that's what keeps the French brands so big. They're not scared to steal ideas from any people around the world, unlike some others tortured by their pride or something.

@Charbonneur : sans vouloir donner de leçon - j'admets que je pourrais d'ailleurs en recevoir moi-même - il nous faut prendre garde à rester lucides et à ne pas être trop méprisants, quand même. Ok? Juste cette remarque car je te trouve un peu maladroit dans certaines de tes réponses. Il n'y a qu'à leur dire nos simples vérités telles qu'on les perçoit, y compris lorsqu'elles sont sévères pour nous-mêmes et/ou pour eux.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 8:04 PM

Last edited by Le Charbonneur; Jul 8, 2018 at 9:39 AM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 8:14 PM

Last edited by Le Charbonneur; Jul 8, 2018 at 9:39 AM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 8:40 PM
BANNED

wouldn't mind living in this hood very cool pics

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 8:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
was indeed. nyc ranks 1-2nd over recent years and paris 3-4th. london has #1 spot currently. better up your game because played out star wars characters wont get paris a #1 fashion capitol ranking back anytime soon!
Why do people make idiotic comments like this in a photo thread? Like seriously, there are people on this forum whose feelings and ego are so embedded in the city they live in, its pathetic. Get some real hobbies or a life, mrnyc.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2013, 10:09 AM

Last edited by Le Charbonneur; Jul 8, 2018 at 9:38 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos