HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 1:22 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Except that mine is real and verifiable. Do you mean to tell me you deny that employer participation in workers' retirements hasn't decreased in recent decades? You think the 401k is equal to the pensions of old? Please. A minuscule percentage of Americans have savings with which they can expect to retire at even half their working salary. Social security only replaces about a third of it.

It's not black helicopters if you can go to the social security administration website and verify in 30 seconds or less... fact: few people will enjoy a retirement equivalent to even a shoddy public pension.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 2:45 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^Wow, Bunt missed a sarcastic comment that was directed at him?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 2:53 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Martin View Post
Oh, I thought you were joking. Simple deduction, I guess, given my avatar, the preceding discussion of making this a mountain west picture thread, and the buildings in the picture/size of the city. The 'unrecognizable' building in the foreground is SLC's city hall. I don't know of any other major richardsonian romanesque structures in the mountain west. The building behind it is SLC's library, designed by Moshe Safdie. At least I would consider them distinctive.
I was going to guess Boise. I'm used to seeing the temple in the skyline shots and that's how I identify the place. To be fair, I've only been to Salt Lake City once and to Boise never so I'm not familiar with the cities.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jul 23, 2013, 2:12 AM
cities|transit|croissants

I knew it was SLC, but only because I've seen a lot of SLC threads on SSP.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 4:32 AM

Awesome material in this thread...keep it up guys......lame title...

Looking forward to a Denver trip at the end of August.

Definitely a different angle of SLC, but the glowing U on the hill side should be the clincher.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 7:13 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Here you go, from my last visit to Denver.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2013, 9:19 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Bump

Big ass panos:

Click to embiggen.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2014, 11:21 PM

What a wonderful thread on Denver, such beautiful photo's of your city. I really enjoy it when locals post photo's of their city, they know the best angles of their skyline, day, night, or whatever. Thank you for posting all those photo's of your beautiful city!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2014, 11:47 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

I do have the Denver: 2014 Megathread as well in the 'My City Photos' for some Denver greatness!

EDIT: I'm going to cheat here but if this is an envy Denver thread then I HAVE TO include this

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Last edited by RyanD; Jan 27, 2014 at 12:06 AM.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 3:44 PM

Thanks for the picture tour of your beautiful city.

Old Posted May 25, 2014, 6:54 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

So I'm just curious as to why you SLC guys haven't really taken any effort to showcase your city. Please, like you always try to do, out do us. Where's your SLC videos? Where's your attempt to make your city look awesome...? I wouldn't spend 180 hours on that video if I thought Denver was an ugly shit hole.

Omaha, for christ sake, has a similar video. Sure, it's just Omaha, but it's still a great, awesome effort to showcase their city. Show me your guys' attempt to showcase SLC dude.

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Last edited by Cirrus; May 26, 2014 at 1:48 AM.

Old Posted May 25, 2014, 8:21 PM
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Right.... So I'm just curious as to why you guys haven't really taken any effort to showcase your city.
I've showcased SLC in the My Photos section >>>>> http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=210541

Salt Lake City throughout 2015 in the My City Photos Forum >>>http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215244

Last edited by Cirrus; May 26, 2014 at 1:47 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West