HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 2, 2012, 8:01 AM

I've been to downtown Tulsa and, believe me, it has nothing in vibrancy on Toledo. Both are dead. Toledo seems to have destroyed less of its urban architecture, though.

Yes, there are neighborhoods surrounding downtown Toledo that are in walking distance: Uptown, Vistula, and the Old West End.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2013, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
I was always impressed by Toledo's skyline as I drove through on I-75. This was my first time actually stopping in to look around.

Toledo is solid big city for a few blocks, but those few blocks are surrounded by a sort of no man's land of scattered commercial buildings, warehouses, parking lots and roads. There's not really any residential within walking distance of the core. (I notice this in quite a few American cities, in contrast to most Ontario cities where there are houses right up to--and even mixed into--the downtown area) So I guess that explains why it's not too busy. And there isn't really any shopping downtown either, mostly offices. But there are some really great buildings in Toledo, especially for its size, and they are in excellent condition, too.
That's unfortunate that houses weren't built right up to the downtown area. Definitely one of the major reasons that many American downtowns look so dead all the time.

Amazing photos of Toledo! I'm a Michigan native, but I never thought there was anything in Toledo worth seeing. I'll definitely have to make a trip there next time back in the Midwest.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 2:28 AM

I've a very strong personal bias against Toledo, and yet your skill as a photographer has made me, even if for a brief moment, re-evaulte my feelings towards that dreadful place. Well done sir.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos