HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 1:33 AM

Fiorenza, I'm planning on going to No Mas! Cantina during my visit next week. I've never been, nor even seen the place in passing, but read about it a few months ago in the AJC under the Private Quarters series. I made it a point to keep it in mind for my next visit. Hoping it's a great experience! Looking forward to seeing you guys @ Six Feet Under in a few days.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 1:54 AM
Reliable Source

Good deal!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 3:35 AM
Indignant Pedestrian

Something that hasn't been mentioned in a while is the building at 5th and Piedmont that was part of the Midtown Manor rooming houses. I believe there was talk over a year ago of tearing down the house and replacing it with townhomes. Instead, some sort of reuse project is going on with the house and six townhomes are being built behind it. Unfortunately, the realtor's site listed on the sign doesn't mention any further information.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 6:23 AM

We've been to No Mas for brunch. The food is great, and seems to be more authentically Mexican cuisine. It has great atmosphere. The inside space has a nice design, with some cool unexpected features.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2007, 2:24 PM

I believe the building was previously used as a warehouse to store furniture that was then sent to the 2 other No Mas stores. The place is neat and definitely worth a visit.

The No Mas owners own a loft in Castleberry and are strong supporters of the community.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 3:14 PM

I thought things looked pretty different when the National Linens building was torn down, but now - wow. Head south on Glen Iris from North Ave and they are dismantling that gigantic retaining wall (wasn't it 20 or 30 feet tall?) along the northeast corner. It looks totally different already.

Ivy Hall (Peter's mansion) is going gangbusters. The entire stone wall along Myrtle is gone and they've hauled away tons of dirt. Looks like they may be doing a driveway between the mansion and the townhouses that face North Ave.

Looks like the house that Brunning & Stang is renovating on the northeast corner of 5th and Piedmont is going to be called Hammond Ivy or something like that. They've torn off a giant addition on the back of it.

Last edited by trainiac; Jul 2, 2007 at 4:17 PM.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 4:18 PM
i ain't no bubba

If I may be allowed to vent for just a minute...

Regents Park is a beautiful townhome development being constructed on Peachtree across from Peachtree Battle.
http://www.regentsparkga.com/home.html
Wonderful design, scale, colors etc...(but then at $2M+, I suppose they should be!).
My gripe is with the new privacy/security wall being constructed...it appears to be 6-7 feet tall and built right at the edge of the sidewalk. The renderings show a much 'friendlier' version that doesn't look quite so fortress-like. I would imagine walking by this monstrosity would feel barren and somewhat intimidating.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 5:55 PM

Quote:
My gripe is with the new privacy/security wall being constructed...it appears to be 6-7 feet tall and built right at the edge of the sidewalk.
I just noticed that the other day. I was so disappointed...really bad

Old Posted Jul 1, 2007, 12:29 AM

I found a video about Glenwood Park.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22994665540382

Old Posted Jul 2, 2007, 2:44 PM

Miller-Gallman recently submitted plans to the ARC for a Castleberry Hill area project with 300 residential units and 80,000 sf of non-residential space. The site is bounded by Mitchell St., Centennial Olympic Park Dr., Chapel St. and Mangum St.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jul 3, 2007 at 1:21 PM.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2007, 4:22 PM
i ain't no bubba

Gables Residential has started the demolition of the Red Cross building on Monroe Drive for a new apartment community.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2007, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
Gables Residential has started the demolition of the Red Cross building on Monroe Drive for a new apartment community.
You know that's a really well placed hill site. Those buildings could have some great views of buckhead/lenox.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 12:06 AM

"Miller-Gallman recently submitted plans to the ARC for a Castleberry Hill area project with 300 residential units and 80,000 sf of non-residential space. The site is bounded by Mitchell St., Centennial Olympic Park Dr., Chapel St. and Mangum St."

Pretty sure that is Castleberry Point right?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Creech View Post
You know that's a really well placed hill site. Those buildings could have some great views of buckhead/lenox.
They definitely will. I work at the remaining Red Cross Chapter HQ at the very top of the hill, and the view is impressive.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2007, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinatl View Post
"Miller-Gallman recently submitted plans to the ARC for a Castleberry Hill area project with 300 residential units and 80,000 sf of non-residential space. The site is bounded by Mitchell St., Centennial Olympic Park Dr., Chapel St. and Mangum St."

Castleberry point only contains 108 units and is already under construction.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 3:18 PM

Here is a project at 14th and Howell Mill. A mixed-use rehab of an old slaughterhouse, the article aslo mentions West Town.

AJC article

Old Posted Jul 6, 2007, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinatl View Post

This is a lot to the northwest of the u/c Castleberry Point that you describe. It is a particularly odd lot in that there are 2-3 stories worth of elevation change because Mitchell St passes under CP Olympic Park Dr.

Castleberry Point had forms going up this morning for the "Flatiron" portion of the building. Only footings and rebar/forms are going up on that end so far.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2007, 1:53 AM

I was having a hard time trying to figure out where something that large would pop up. So is the 300 unit structure going to pop up in the area that you were describing? North West of CP? There is a lot of space to the left between CP and Centennial Station and Duo. It would be great if they began to develop that area.

It's awesome to see Castleberry Point start to take shape. It's a really unique building. I jog past it almost every day. Was going to start posting some weekly pictures of it starting this weekend.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2007, 9:24 PM

I looked at these townhouses the other day. They were both pretty nice.

http://www.thebrownstonesatlanta.com/index_58.html

http://www.brunningandstang.com/overview.php?DID=8

Last edited by Andrea; Jul 8, 2007 at 11:11 PM.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2007, 11:26 PM

Castleberry Point Pics

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta