HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 5:35 AM
portuglês

New York Times and Denver Post have listed different, lower overall numbers for Boulder county, so there's still room at the margin on this one. It's going to be a long night.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 5:35 AM
BANNED

Plus KOAA reported that Pueblo returns are coming in slow and you know we will vote for Bennet.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 5:39 AM
portuglês

Pueblo county is 80% reported. There's not a lot more that's going to come from the remaining 20% at this point - Bennet votes or not.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 5:44 AM
BANNED

Oh ok. My bad. That must of came after the news at 10:00

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:16 AM

This is going to be stupid close. Bennett is expected to get a small bump when Chaffee county finally reports. Denver and Boulder still have quite a few votes to put into this as well.

About a 9,000 vote gap.

The amazing thing. It looks like Bennett could win Jefferson, Larimer, AND Arapaho and still lose the war.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:21 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Shame to lose John Salazar.

I'm not just ribbing Eeyore, Pueblo really isn't carrying its weight. Couldn't hold the congressional district, and the Senate margin is going to be closer to Arapahoe county than Boulder or even Larimer. Not good!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:23 AM
portuglês

There's quite a bit left to report in the Denver area - Arapahoe county, for example, is only 10% reported...it'll be very interesting to see how this turns out...

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:31 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

I've got almost 150,000 votes in Arapahoe. No way that's only 10%. if you're using the Post they are way behind the big networks.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:39 AM
portuglês

I'm actually going off of the New York Times numbers, which have been quickly updated and reported, but they're slowly going up for Arapahoe county - it's at 11% now.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
I've got almost 150,000 votes in Arapahoe. No way that's only 10%. if you're using the Post they are way behind the big networks.
EDIT: Screw it.. I'm officially so confused. The guy on PBS is waffling about how this all works. I quit

Last edited by enjo13; Nov 3, 2010 at 7:09 AM.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 6:49 AM

They're saying 80k-100k votes yet to be counted.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 7:31 AM

Ok...I'm off to bed, but I don't see how Bennett doesn't win this. Virtually all of the remaining votes are in Denver/Boulder. With 73% of the vote in it's now down to a 687 vote lead for Buck.

Except that almost all of the primarily Republican precincts have reported. 95% of El Paso county is in and Douglas county is 100% in. It looks like the bulk of the remaining votes are in Jefferson (48% reporting), Arapaho (11% reporting), Adams (81%), Denver (57%), and Boulder (61%)... all areas that are at worst break-even for Bennett and at best absolute land-slides (Denver/Boulder).

As that Denver and Boulder vote rolls in... I expect Bennett to jump out to a solid lead. There just aren't enough votes left for Buck. At least that's how it currently appears.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 7:41 AM
portuglês

That is essentially what FiveThirtyEight has projected, and you kind of can see it if you look at the map. Literally every Denver metro county has gone Bennet so far, so it's hard to see him not coming through and winning...it's still a nail biter until it's over, though.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 7:50 AM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjo13 View Post
Ok...I'm off to bed, but I don't see how Bennett doesn't win this. Virtually all of the remaining votes are in Denver/Boulder. With 73% of the vote in it's now down to a 687 vote lead for Buck.

Except that almost all of the primarily Republican precincts have reported. 95% of El Paso county is in and Douglas county is 100% in. It looks like the bulk of the remaining votes are in Jefferson (48% reporting), Arapaho (11% reporting), Adams (81%), Denver (57%), and Boulder (61%)... all areas that are at worst break-even for Bennett and at best absolute land-slides (Denver/Boulder).

As that Denver and Boulder vote rolls in... I expect Bennett to jump out to a solid lead. There just aren't enough votes left for Buck. At least that's how it currently appears.
Just saw this too.. it's done for Buck.. with COS' wad already blown and it being essentially tied its all over. There is just no other power center in the state to pull it either way (the rest of the state pretty much washes usually) besides those two cities and if Denver hasn't had it's say yet in a close race than the race isn't even likely to be close at all.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 8:32 AM
of Gnomeregan

Yes I'm up too late.. .looks like Maes is going to get more than 10% of the vote.. too bad

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 8:59 AM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
Just saw this too.. it's done for Buck.. with COS' wad already blown and it being essentially tied its all over. There is just no other power center in the state to pull it either way (the rest of the state pretty much washes usually) besides those two cities and if Denver hasn't had it's say yet in a close race than the race isn't even likely to be close at all.
blah.. well crap.. the numbers didn't change but the % reporting did.. yikes.. oh well..

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 2:35 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Man, there are going to be some real idiots in the Statehouse, Joe Rice is going to Caroline Condi. Seriously, a fuckin' house mom bitch with a corgi who's concerned about terrorist training camps in the Rocky Mountains over a 25-yr Army veteran? I guess that's what you get when you are the sponsor of FASTER.

Congratulations to the GOP for getting mental midgets elected who have to face the oncoming budget shortfall, we should see some real leadership now .

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 2:40 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Denver Post has called it for Bennet.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 3:39 PM
cities|transit|croissants

So who's the next mayor of Denver?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 3:39 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Also, I'm sad that there won't be a Klingon Ambassador.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West