HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 6:51 PM

2 of the most memorable plays in Canuck history happened against Calgary in game 7 of the 1st round of the '94 play-offs. The Flames had a 3-1 series lead, but the Canucks managed to win the last 3 games of the series, all in overtime, to clinch the series. I remember Fleury's comments after the game, insisting his team did not choke (some fans were alleging the team choked). He was right, as the Canucks steamrolled Dallas and Toronto after that, then took the Rangers to game 7 of the SCF. We lost that game 7 of course. Then it was party time downtown.

I can't seem to post youtube video anymore as per site instructions on FAQ page. I've been doing it right. Has something changed?

Video Link

Last edited by logan5; May 10, 2019 at 9:05 AM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 7:16 PM
jammon member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Canucks have a bright future for sure, look forward to a day when they play the Flames in the playoffs again! Seems one almost always goes to the cup final when they meet in the first round.
I think inevitably, the Canucks are going to end up in the same position as the Jets. Great that you build the elite talent, but then the day comes that they all demand hefty pay raises and you have to part ways with some of your talent. I guess that's the reality of a salary cap era.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammon View Post
I think inevitably, the Canucks are going to end up in the same position as the Jets. Great that you build the elite talent, but then the day comes that they all demand hefty pay raises and you have to part ways with some of your talent. I guess that's the reality of a salary cap era.
All the top teams have gone through it, just a part of the game now. Just goes to show how big of a steal the Flames got with Johnny and Monahan ($13.1M between them) with both locked up for 3 more years (4 for Monahan). Tkachuck will probably get $10M this summer...

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 1:29 PM
arf

Big game for the Islanders tonight.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 3:12 PM

I wonder if the Islanders will actually score a goal on their own this series.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
All the top teams have gone through it, just a part of the game now. Just goes to show how big of a steal the Flames got with Johnny and Monahan ($13.1M between them) with both locked up for 3 more years (4 for Monahan). Tkachuck will probably get $10M this summer...
If Tkachuk gets 10mil...something is broken in the league.

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 5:36 AM

All three times the two teams have gone to game 7 overtime (89, 94, 04) the team who won went to the cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
2 of the most memorable plays in Canuck history happened against Calgary in game 7 of the 1st round of the '94 play-offs. The Flames had a 3-1 series lead, but the Canucks managed to win the last 3 games of the series, all in overtime, to clinch the series. I remember Fleury's comments after the game, insisting his team did not choke (some fans were alleging the team choked). He was right, as the Canucks steamrolled Dallas and Toronto after that, then took the Rangers to game 7 of the SCF. We lost that game 7 of course. Then it was party time downtown.

I can't seem to post youtube video anymore as per site instructions on FAQ page. I've been doing it right. Has something changed?

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 1:31 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
I wonder if the Islanders will actually score a goal on their own this series.
Even if they did last night 3-0 is a big hill to climb. It's been done though so I wouldn't count them out yet.

Dallas and St. Louis looking like two teams that hate each other. Good luck to the refs now after not calling the first unbelievably cheap slash. They are in for an ugly series now.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan View Post
If Tkachuk gets 10mil...something is broken in the league.
Something has been broken in the league for quite some time. Tkachuck has better numbers than Nylander (pretty similar though), so what he got should be about what Tkachuck gets.

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 1:12 PM
arf

Stupid Boston. Oh well. Time to blow up the Blue Jackets. It will be an interesting offseason for them.

And San Jose gets to play another game seven. But first its the coin flip between St. Louis and Dallas in game seven tonight. I really have no idea which team will win here. Four of the six games have been won on the road, so Dallas, maybe?

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 1:34 PM

Unfortunately, my prediction of Boston making it to the finals is coming true.

Can Boston teams f*ck off already? They're primed to have their 3rd team make the finals this sports season... and that after all the winning the last 18 year or so already.

The Celtics had a great season, but are on the verge of elimination in the 2nd round. Most cities would be proud of their season, but in Boston that seems to be a huge failure comparatively speaking.

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 2:52 PM
Near Generational

Didn't Marchand promise not to be a douchebag anymore or did I dream that up?

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 3:39 PM
ハルウララ

Bruins/Canes is such a perfect ECF. Bad guys v good guys .

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 3:56 PM
Community Guy

Ian,

I am pleased to share we will be officially introducing Ken Holland as the new General Manager and President of Hockey Operations of the Edmonton Oilers in just a few minutes. Ken’s experience as a hockey executive and his success as an NHL General Manager set him apart from everyone else identified in our search for this key leadership role. His arrival marks an important step towards delivering the success we all expect on the ice. Ken will have my full support and will receive complete autonomy on all aspects of Oilers hockey operations.

Our news conference to introduce Ken will be broadcast live on EdmontonOilers.com, Sportsnet, 630 CHED and Global News 880 beginning at 10:00 AM MT today.

Thank you again for your commitment to Oilers hockey.

Sincerely,

Bob Nicholson signature
Bob Nicholson

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 4:00 PM

I heard they didn't even have a formal interview with Holland. He has a better pedigree than Chiarelli but you'd think they would do something, to save face at the very least.

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 5:06 PM

Not a bad move by the Oilers, Holland will be crippled by Chiarelli's moves for a while though...

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 5:16 PM
HVAC guru

^ Bob Nicholson is still in charge. So enjoy your 28th place finish next year Coilers LOL

Jesus, in the photo in the Journal online this morning Katz looked like he just crawled out of a dumpster. Spending too much time with the old boys I think .

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
Jesus, in the photo in the Journal online this morning Katz looked like he just crawled out of a dumpster. Spending too much time with the old boys I think .
Katz's face is different, that's not a result of heavy drinking. He misunderstood what "rebuild" means.

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 5:33 PM
DRINK

I've given up my season tickets that I shared.

If you were to take the ten minutes of cumulative speaking time he has given fans over the last dozen years about nine and a half minutes would be on the oilers real estate empire, and only about 30 seconds on the stuff that matters to fans.

The teams performance with him as owner is likely the worst in the history of pro sports in North America. Complete disaster.

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 5:45 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Katz's face is different, that's not a result of heavy drinking. He misunderstood what "rebuild" means.
It’s the Malibu rebuild!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada