Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:13 PM
Community Guy

F@ck

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
F@ck
Ya the Pacific just got a whole lot more top-heavy for you guys.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:19 PM

Quote:
F@ck
Ugh

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:20 PM
Community Guy

I am going to start a campaign to get Luuuuuuuch to run him.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:23 PM

I feel sorry for Ottawa fans. Looking at the players they got in return, it doesn’t look too good. Norris is good prospect, and they’ll get a late 1st round pick, but it’s pretty disappointing to see that return.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 7:59 PM

Quote:
I am going to start a campaign to get Luuuuuuuch to run him.
I don't think Luuuuucy could ever keep up with him! If anything it will be Marchand getting him with a cheap shot. Less chance of that though as they will be in different conferences.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 9:01 PM

Yeah that's an awful return. Almost as bad as the Gretzky trade. I can't believe no team didn't offer something better.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 5:49 PM
arf

Henrik Zetterberg's NHL Career is Over.

That's disappointing. Loved watching him play for Detroit. I am hopeful his back condition is not so bad that he has trouble with life in general.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 8:35 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Over the past 24 hours I've heard vox pop interviews on the street by two different Ottawa media outlets, looking for views on the Erik Karlsson trade.

Interestingly enough both reporters (as I say - totally unrelated to one another) indicated that they had to work a bit to find people who actually cared.

Most people said they don't follow hockey or don't follow hockey anymore, and this region being what it is, a a bunch of them answered they were Canadiens or Leafs fans.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 8:55 PM

Ottawa will probably miss the playoffs for the next 5 years. Prospect pool is OK but not top-5 like Canucks, Flyers. They do not have there own first round pick for next year which will probably be top-3. One or both of Duchene and Stone will probably be gone after this year. None of their current top prospects and young players looks to develop into an elite player... maybe Chabot will be a #1 defenseman and Tkachuk will be an elite winger.

Overall, you look up and down the lineup and there is little depth. It will take 3 years imo just to build a respectable lineup that will challenge for .500 record.

Meanwhile the season ticket base has been cut in half to 4,000. The Sens are likely to only average 10 - 11,000 per game this year. Even with the reduced payroll and revenue sharing, Melnyk losses will be in the 8 figure range. Given how he has operated this team he deserves it.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 10:12 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Meanwhile the season ticket base has been cut in half to 4,000. The Sens are likely to only average 10 - 11,000 per game this year. Even with the reduced payroll and revenue sharing, Melnyk losses will be in the 8 figure range. Given how he has operated this team he deserves it.
Is that rally correct? If so, holy sh!t that's pretty serious. Don't think the team will be long for Ottawa if that continues. Might be perfect timing for the Seattle franchise.

Albert Einstein

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 10:32 PM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubicon View Post
Is that rally correct? If so, holy sh!t that's pretty serious. Don't think the team will be long for Ottawa if that continues. Might be perfect timing for the Seattle franchise.
I think the goal is to force Melnyk's hand into selling the team, and the low season tickets sales are probably part of this. As the NHL doesn't really like relocations, the NHL would first look for a local buyer, and I'm sure they'd find someone willing to buy the team and keep it in Ottawa.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Yes. There was a tweet from someone in Ottawa stating the number of season ticket subscribers was approx. 4,000. I can't remember the name of the individual.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 1:45 AM

New 3rd jersey for the Jets
Quote:
INSPIRED BY THE PAST, BUILT FOR THE FUTURE.
Inspired by the simplicity of the 1990-96 Winnipeg Jets uniforms, the Winnipeg Jets Aviator jersey combines a classic look and feel, with modern adizero innovation, design and craftsmanship. The new tonal blue colour scheme takes a fresh approach by reversing the team's current colour palette, now featuring aviator blue as its base. The team's official new wordmark includes a Jets script that draws from a long line of team wordmarks that have incorporated Jets shapes and motion. Emblazoned inside the neckline are the words "We Are True North.", a call back to our fans who passionately yell "True North" each game.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/fans/aviator-jersey

Quote:
WORDMARK HISTORY
The new wordmark and logo includes a Jets script that draws from a long line of team wordmarks that have incorporated Jets shapes and motion. It is highlighted with the "t" in "Jets" being crossed with the outline of a fighter jet. The wordmark, designed by David Mann, becomes the team's official new wordmark, replacing the one used since the 2011-12 season.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 2:48 AM

Looks similar to the Penguins 3rd jersey from a few years ago.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 2:48 AM

Quote:
Not going to happen when they have willing parties for $600,000,000.00 expansion fee.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 2:49 AM

Those jets jerseys are awful. The 1990 look was good.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 3:04 AM

Im in the minority of liking it

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 10:04 AM

When are they going to give the people what they want? And that is a 1990s third jersey. Maybe they figure a lot of people own one already so it wouldn't be as much of a money maker but still, it's what everyone wants to see. I'd imagine a Laine 1990s 3rd jersey would indeed sell like hotcakes. As for the new one, the vintage writing thing has been overdone, the blue colour almost looks neon and frankly it is ugly. There is a reason why that colour is just an accent on the main jersey.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 5:37 PM

So are the Senators going to move to Quebec City now? lol

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada