HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 16, 2013, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Cashville is going to be on suicide watch.
Just read the great Mystery Tower thread on OKCtalk and they are seriously discussing the possibility of the giant turbine tower again. Those people are morons.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2013, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Just read the great Mystery Tower thread on OKCtalk and they are seriously discussing the possibility of the giant turbine tower again. Those people are morons.
They're talking about how neat of a project it is and how cool it would be if it were to get built is really all it is. I don't know if this is a potential project by Rand Elliott or if he was just giving a presentation on the mechanics of the building.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 3:18 PM

Interesting little bit of information posted by the downtown reporter... Not sure what it could mean, but the governor and mayor will be present for an announcement by ATT so it should be good.

AT&T set to unveil plans
By Steve Lackmeyer Published: June 25, 2013

AT&T is set to make an announcement regarding “significant employment growth” at a news conference Thursday.

The announcement will be made 10 a.m. at the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber by Bryan Gonterman, president of AT&T Oklahoma, who will be accompanied by Gov. Mary Fallin, Mayor Mick Cornett and chamber President Roy Williams.

AT&T's chief executive officer, Randall Stephenson, is a University of Central Oklahoma graduate who began his career with Southwestern Bell Telephone in 1982 in Oklahoma City.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2013, 12:43 PM

Of course the Okies are speculating that ATT is moving its corporate headquarters to OKC. I want to take this moment to apologize to SRG, all those years we argued but it turns out he is one of the more sane OKC posters on the internet.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2013, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Of course the Okies are speculating that ATT is moving its corporate headquarters to OKC. I want to take this moment to apologize to SRG, all those years we argued but it turns out he is one of the more sane OKC posters on the internet.
I know you're just trolling, but what Okies say really does interest you, doesn't it? I've never seen someone keep up with someone elses speculation like that. It'd be creepy if Okies were all 15 year old girls that gossip about fantasies that they know aren't true and you were a 45 year old man that takes what they say and try to make it out like they truly believe what they're saying, keeping up with their every conversation to make another laughable attempt to call them dumb. I guess you're trying to tarnish their reputation, but it's very "meh" and childish attempts.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 12:05 PM

Awesome image of Oklahoma City (looking southwest) with the Oklahoma Health Center in the foreground; Bricktown, Deep Deuce, and Downtown in the middle-ground; and Will Rogers World Airport in the background.

http://www.aerialok.com/wp-content/u...9665-OUHSC.jpg

Last edited by KayneMo; Jul 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2013, 4:41 PM

Old Posted Jul 13, 2013, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
Rumor has it, it will be around 700ft. This tower will help balance out OKC skyline.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2013, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Rumor has it, it will be around 700ft. This tower will help balance out OKC skyline.
Yep, and sources are saying dirt will start turning rather quickly, as a lot of the work has been done behind the scenes.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 1:16 PM

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 6:05 AM

The Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City is set to start its third phase of expansion.

http://newsok.com/outlet-shoppes-at-...rticle/3863236

"Na'isha - Our people" - Plains Apache / Apache Tribe of Oklahoma

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 8:34 AM

This will be the largest housing complex in downtown Oklahoma City at 330 units.

http://m.newsok.com/the-metropolitan...rticle/3863714

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 4:01 AM

It may not be awhile -- up to 90 days -- before any specifics are revealed, but the long speculated "mystery tower" has been announced. The article says at least 20 stories, but the word on the street is it'll end up being in the 35-40 story range.

http://m.newsok.com/downtown-oklahom...rticle/3866102

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 1:12 PM

Yea, I am somewhat excited, still waiting on renderings to be released and who anchor tenant will be, hopefully it will turn out taller.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 1:35 PM

20 stories?!?! Isn't this the long awaited, forever talked about, rumored 700ft+ tower, that will balance out the skyline because of Devon? Man this thing has been hyped to death! What a disappointment.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
20 stories?!?! Isn't this the long awaited, forever talked about, rumored 700ft+ tower, that will balance out the skyline because of Devon? Man this thing has been hyped to death! What a disappointment.
20 stories will be the minimum and it is likely to go higher. Remember when Devon's HQ was originally proposed, yeah, 30 floors, and now look.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 3:24 PM

Quote:
It says AT LEAST 20 stories. When Devon first announced their intentions to build a tower they said at least 37 stories and you see how that ended up. Just because an article comes out that says at least x stories doesn't mean that's the official count, hence the at least part. But if it ends up being closer to 20 stories then I'll join you in disappointment.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 3:28 PM
Chairman

Quote:
People get themselves hyped up for no reason. Hence why I hate the term "rumor has it" .

-sb

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 4:15 PM

I'm not trying to be negative or anything but you guy's have to understand that Devon tower was a completely different circumstance. Devon was built by a company with an extrordinary amount of money at it's disposal, this is an office tower searching for tenants. If you think someone is going to build some monster 700ft spec tower without some kind of huge anchor tenant your optimism is surely a lot greater then mine. Just trying to be realistic here.

Either way still good news. Wish you guy's the best...

Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 4:21 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to be negative or anything but you guy's have to understand that Devon tower was a completely different circumstance. Devon was built by a company with an extrordinary amount of money at it's disposal, this is an office tower searching for a tenant. If you think someone is going to build some monster 700ft spec tower without some kind of huge anchor tenant your optimism is surely a lot greater then mine. Just trying to be realistic here.

Either way still good news. Wish you guy's the best...
You don't have to explain Devon's situation, we understand just how rare Devon was considering a lot of people followed it from time of announcement to today. The only point in bringing up Devon is because they first said 37 stories and it wound up being 50. There's a lot of things that tie in together about who purchased the site and there's more things at play than what meets the eye. That's why I'm not getting all "this is bull!! It's supposed to be 700+ ft!!!" just yet.

Edit: Not trying to come off as rude or with authority, I have no authority, it's just people are jumping to conclusions about this when nothing has come out other than someone is building a tower that'll at least be 20 stories. Another thing is, even though this is the one that was announced, there are other towers in the works. Whether those fall through or not, I don't know, but there's more to it.

And a 20 story tower is by no means a waste. If it ends up only 20 stories then I'll be "yippy-ing" as well, just not as loud. Lol

Last edited by Sharkey; Jul 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations