HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 7:11 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhannibal View Post
Can't get a more perfect picture than this

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 7:15 PM

Breaking news, corner steel rose up another two floors, could this mean the WTC is now higher then #7?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 8:06 PM

According to my very brief calculation, we're still about 20 feet away from overtaking 7WTC. In 2 weeks it should be over though!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 8:23 PM
JACKinBeantown

Nice pano (three posts up). Does it come with a black light?

I've checked all the known webcams and the one that would show it (Discovery 1) chops off the top, so I can't tell.

Last edited by JACKinBeantown; Mar 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 9:15 PM

Wow, that's an awesome photo above but one thing that strikes me more than anything else is how out of date those few buildings on the right are. Pretty soon they're going to be surrounded by 4WTC, 5WTC, One Liberty Plaza, and 123 Washington St... all super modern and supertall high-rises, and yet those buildings are litterally falling apart as is.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 10:39 PM

Todays jump in steel should bring us from 697' to 724'

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhannibal View Post
GREAT shot! It'd be awesome to see this same shot in 1 year, 2 years, etc. until something is ultimately built on the site of the Deutsch Bank.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2011, 11:14 PM
BANNED

That picture needs to be posted in its most relevant thread, WTC5. Thanks for the post; I've been wondering about it's progress.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 2:19 AM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens44 View Post
Wow, that's an awesome photo above but one thing that strikes me more than anything else is how out of date those few buildings on the right are. Pretty soon they're going to be surrounded by 4WTC, 5WTC, One Liberty Plaza, and 123 Washington St... all super modern and supertall high-rises, and yet those buildings are litterally falling apart as is.
Are you talking about those beautiful old historic buildings from the 19th and early 20th century? If so, they're not falling apart... maybe that wall gives the impression from far away, but that's actually just a difference in paint, etc. from when they removed the building next door to it. The building itself actually looks in really good condition.

Now, the building behind it with the white Brady Bunch motif could go, in my humble opinion.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 2:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
GREAT shot! It'd be awesome to see this same shot in 1 year, 2 years, etc. until something is ultimately built on the site of the Deutsch Bank.
I really would love to see these air rights transferred to another site and this plot made into a Parisian-style park, like Bryant Park.

PS: For those not familiar with the area, the beautiful rust-colored building on the right is the one that will be razed for the Trinity Street tower announced during the week of 1 March 2010.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 3:51 AM
Eagle Scout since 9/28/09

What do you mean by "razed"? Does that mean destroyed?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 4:08 AM
BANNED

Sadly, yes.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 1:45 PM
JACKinBeantown

Seriously?! The one with the arched windows on top and cropped off the right edge of the photo? That sucks.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 3:27 PM

There are a lot of buildings in the area I think should go, but yeah that's not really one of them...

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 4:00 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinNYC View Post
Seriously?! The one with the arched windows on top and cropped off the right edge of the photo? That sucks.
Can't they just reclad it?

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 5:05 PM
JACKinBeantown

I was thinking the same thing. They did that with a great old theater facade in downtown San Antonio when I was a kid.

susan best

sarider1

... as well as the AMC theater on 42nd street in Manhattan.

jericl cat

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
I really would love to see these air rights transferred to another site and this plot made into a Parisian-style park, like Bryant Park.

PS: For those not familiar with the area, the beautiful rust-colored building on the right is the one that will be razed for the Trinity Street tower announced during the week of 1 March 2010.
Are you sure its not the ones with the blue gate around them?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 1:13 AM

The lights on the Cranes on 1 WTC are off for some reason, checked the webcam, something didn't look right and it was the lights were off, I wonder what happened?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 3:25 AM

Man... This building is great. week/weeks until it's over 7, I cannot wait until I am in NYC again.....

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 3:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draegen View Post
Are you sure its not the ones with the blue gate around them?
Positive. That's another building site. Also adjacent to that is yet another building site. See below.

The green building on the southwest corner of Trinity and Thames and the building on the northwest corner of Trinity and Thames houses two high schools. They will both be developed in time, but the NY Dep't of Ed. has leases that run through around 2022. See below:

http://www.observer.com/node/36909

SL Green Dreams Grand Central With $76 Million Madison Ave. Buy
By John Koblin
March 11, 2007 | 8:00 p.m

THE DEVELOPER JOSEPH CHETRIT HAS PURCHASED for $64 million a pair of New York University buildings that are within a stone’s throw of the World Trade Center redevelopment site.

The buildings, at 90 and 100 Trinity Place, are the former home of N.Y.U.’s Stern School of Business and the current home of two city high schools. The sale was recorded in city records.

The deal looks like a long-term investment for Mr. Chetrit. When N.Y.U. put the buildings on the block, it did so with the condition that the new owner extend and honor the lease of the two city schools, a spokeswoman for the university said.

The two schools, the High School of Economics and Finance and the High School for Leadership and Public Service, signed a 15-year lease in January, a spokeswoman for the city’s Department of Education said.

Mr. Chetrit would not comment for this story, but he’s likely banking on the potential value of an asset that will soon be among a sea of new glass buildings dotting the lower Manhattan skyline. Even if he doesn’t have leasing control until 2022, he’s taking the gamble.

The buy is also a sudden reversal for Mr. Chetrit, who has been recently selling and marketing part of his portfolio. As The Observer earlier reported, he sold the Daily News building at 450 West 33rd Street to Broadway Partners, and has assigned Eastdil’s Doug Harmon to market the Toy Building on Fifth Avenue.

Last edited by RobertWalpole; Mar 6, 2011 at 3:44 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive