HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Manhattan West in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 12:06 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 11:33 PM
New Yorker for life

SEPTEMBER 26, 2017

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 11:48 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Jill Slaymaker

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 12:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 12:50 AM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/2017/09/27/e...anhattan-west/

EY in late-stage talks at Brookfield’s 1 Manhattan West: sources

By Rich Bockmann
September 27, 2017

Quote:
“Big Four” accounting firm EY is in late-stage talks to lease 600,000 square feet at Brookfield Property Partners’ 1 Manhattan West office tower, sources told The Real Deal.

The company, formerly known as Ernst & Young, was said to be deciding between the 2.1 million-square-foot Brookfield tower and the Rockefeller Group’s 1271 Sixth Avenue, as TRD reported in May.

Sources said the company is now focused on the Midtown West building and is nearing a deal. A spokesperson for Brookfield declined to comment. Moshe Sukenik and Neil Goldmacher at Newmark Knight Frank are representing EY.

EY is in the midst of relocating its headquarters from RXR Realty’s 5 Times Square, where the company has a lease covering 1 million square feet that runs through 2022. It’s also moving some employees to a 168,000-square-foot space at SJP Properties’ Waterfront Corporate Center II in Hoboken.

Sources said that a team of brokers at CBRE is leading a search on behalf of EY for additional space in Lower Manhattan, but that assignment is on hold until the deal at Manhattan West is finalized.

It’s been a major month for Brookfield at the Manhattan West redevelopment. Last week, the developer announced that Amazon had finalized a deal to take 360,000 square feet at Five Manhattan West. Earlier in the year, the law firm McKool Smith signed a lease for 64,000 square feet at One Manhattan West, and in August business and technology consultant Accenture inked a lease in August for 250,000 square feet the tower.

Competition for top tenants is still strong among major developers on the Far West Side. Asset manger BlackRock is taking 847,000 square feet at the Related Companies, Oxford Property Group and Mitsui Fudosan America’s 50 Hudson Yards. And Tishman Speyer can now begin building its Spiral office tower at 509 West 34th Street after pharmaceutical giant Pfizer agreeing to take 800,000 square feet in the building.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 12:11 AM
BANNED

I'm seeing elements of the Seagram building in that lobby. The way the concrete pillars hold the building up and how it is visible through the glass resembles the Mies building well.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 1:08 AM
New Yorker for life

I think this one will surprise a lot of people.

SEPTEMBER 28, 2017

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 12:00 AM
Walk taker

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 2:15 AM
New Yorker for life

SEPTEMBER 30, 2017

Old Posted Oct 2, 2017, 11:41 PM
Metal Up Your !

I agree NYGUY. It's going to end up surprising me. Design's reveal left me wanting more, but I believe the eggness of it will draw the eye, in a good way.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 3:06 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
I agree NYGUY. It's going to end up surprising me. Design's reveal left me wanting more, but I believe the eggness of it will draw the eye, in a good way.
If you look at the lobby, you'll see the resemblance to the best and most famous building of modernism, the Seagram by the great Mies. The way the concrete columns hold up the building that are visible through the glass, and appear to balance to entire structure is reminiscent of the old masterwork.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 2:04 PM
New Yorker for life

I still can't shake the feeling that this whole thing when complete will remind me more of the original WTC complex. If the towers are closer together in height, I think a lot of people will get that feeling, even though the towers aren't identical in design and height.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 10:00 PM

I saw the glass today. Easy facade. Looks really good. Kind of a transparent grey

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
I saw the glass today. Easy facade. Looks really good. Kind of a transparent grey
You saw it in fabrication? or on the building?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 11:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 5:23 PM

Wow.... simply amazing.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 10:55 PM

From Today, by me

Old Posted Oct 5, 2017, 2:13 AM
New Yorker for life

Walked by there today, and didn't even notice the glass. I was too busy looking up at the new steel. The core seems higher too. Lots of action here.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 1:43 AM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/2017/10/06/m...-with-a-catch/

Morgan Stanley’s search for a 1.9M sf office comes with a catch
Bank wants new landlord to buy 1585 Broadway and the 522 Fifth office condo

By Rich Bockmann
October 06, 2017

Quote:
Morgan Stanley’s search for a new 1.9 million-square-foot Manhattan headquarters comes with a catch that could make a deal hairier for potential landlords.

The bank is looking to negotiate a lease with a landlord that would in turn buy the two properties Morgan Stanley owns at 1585 Broadway and the office condominium at 522 Fifth Avenue, sources familiar with its search told The Real Deal.

...The requirement could prove onerous for landlords who don’t want to take on the extra task of purchasing and then renting up the empty buildings, especially at a time when few trophy assets are trading as sellers and buyers fail to see eye-to-eye on pricing. And there are other tenants in the market who don’t carry the extra baggage.

Deutsche Bank, for example, is reportedly considering leasing 1.3 million square feet at Silverstein Properties’ 2 World Trade Center and 50 Hudson Yards, which is being developed by the Related Companies, Oxford Properties Group and Mitsui Fudosan America. Deutsche’s current headquarters at 60 Wall Street is majority owned by the Singaporean sovereign wealth fund GIC.

As of earlier this year, Morgan Stanley had reportedly been considering purchasing 2 million square feet of space at the 2.9 million-square-foot property at 50 Hudson Yards. But a source familiar with those talks told TRD that they never reached an advanced stage. Sources said the bank’s focus has now turned toward the Manhattan West megadevelopment, and is in talks with Brookfield Office Properties to sign on as an anchor tenant for its second office tower at the megaproject.

The leasing market, meanwhile, remains strong with plenty of demand from tenants. Manhattan leasing volume has totaled 23.5 million square feet so far this year, a 14.4 percent increase over the first three quarters of 2016, according to Cushman & Wakefield.

BlackRock this year signed a lease for 847,000 square feet at 50 Hudson Yards, and Pfizer is taking 800,000 square feet at Tishman Speyer’s Spiral building. EY is in late-stage talks to take around 600,000 square feet at Brookfield’s 1 Manhattan West.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 9:13 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

yesterday

... and a glorious sight ... !!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive