HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 12:54 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseNewYorkCity View Post
The tower's steel frame is scheduled to "top out" in late 2011/early 2012, meaning the steel frame will reach the top of the building.

See here:
http://www.panynj.gov/wtcprogress/q-...-tollner2.html

Also, probably near December, they will be at the 82-85th floor (my speculation).
Oh,then that's great. Thanks. The skyline will be really recovering soon.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 1:30 AM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
That's funny... I can't stand MSLunacy but I wouldn't mind watching their FT coverage... if they had any.
I think we can all agree that both Fox News and MSNBC suck, right? (and for that matter, CNN sucks as well)

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 1:58 AM

All mainstream news sucks.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 2:29 AM

(political off-topic post)

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 2:43 AM

Is it that time of the week? Oh ok.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 3:30 AM
BANNED

Stop this conversation immediately. Traynor, you were the one that started this the LAST time fox news coverage was posted. God, can you post anything without stirring the pot?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 3:31 AM
No grabbing my banana!

Well, I was hoping my message was of the "let's agree and move on" variety. And I still hold that hope.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 3:40 AM
New Yorker for life

I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone that further off topic posts will be deleted, but I'll do it anyway.

DMF Photography

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 4:38 AM

To paraphrase:
"What so proudly we hail at the twilight's last gleaming..."

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 5:23 AM

When the running Vice President came to my town to speak at a local stadium, I didn't find out until the morning of the event. I was supposed to work that day. I phoned in to work and said I wouldn't be coming to work that day. That is the only day in my life that I have skipped work. I did it because I knew that for years to come, I wouldn't regret missing that day at work as much as I would regret missing that piece of history.

The final completion of Freedom Tower evokes similar feelings for me, and for that reason I am already planning to travel out to New York (I live in Seattle) to witness its grand opening. As a young adult, much of my life has been impacted by the world events which were triggered by 9/11. That one day critically defined the course and devotion of my life. Seeing One World Trade Center rising again is therefore a part of history which I am honored to witness and aim not to miss. Cheers to the folks who are building this great monument. I aim to be there in 2013, so long as the world doesn't end in 2012.

I don't post in here usually, but I do want to take the time to thank the New Yorkers who take pictures of the WTC site and post them here regularly. Being thousands of miles away, I wouldn't be able to watch the progress of this project if it weren't for you. Your cameras are the eyes of the world.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 6:14 AM

^^^

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 12:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoward88 View Post
When the running Vice President came to my town to speak at a local stadium, I didn't find out until the morning of the event. I was supposed to work that day. I phoned in to work and said I wouldn't be coming to work that day. That is the only day in my life that I have skipped work. I did it because I knew that for years to come, I wouldn't regret missing that day at work as much as I would regret missing that piece of history.

The final completion of Freedom Tower evokes similar feelings for me, and for that reason I am already planning to travel out to New York (I live in Seattle) to witness its grand opening. As a young adult, much of my life has been impacted by the world events which were triggered by 9/11. That one day critically defined the course and devotion of my life. Seeing One World Trade Center rising again is therefore a part of history which I am honored to witness and aim not to miss. Cheers to the folks who are building this great monument. I aim to be there in 2013, so long as the world doesn't end in 2012.

I don't post in here usually, but I do want to take the time to thank the New Yorkers who take pictures of the WTC site and post them here regularly. Being thousands of miles away, I wouldn't be able to watch the progress of this project if it weren't for you. Your cameras are the eyes of the world.
Agreed. I really am so appreciative of these folks in here that take their time to take pics and post them on here. I also also very thankful of the people who are building the new WTC right now.. If I could, I would give them all hugs.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 1:35 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 1:49 PM

Here are two pictures my sister took on July 4 of 1 wtc from a boat on the Hudson River:

Not the clearest pictures, but still taken from a nice angle

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 2:50 PM

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoward88 View Post

Bravo!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
I can't stand Faux News but they sure do a great job of documenting "The Rise of Freedom"

The latest two episodes are very good. This one explains the redundancies built into the evacuation process of the new towers.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/rise-o...list_id=161320

And this one on the Flag from Ground Zero being restored by everyday Americans.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/rise-o...list_id=161320
What bugs me about these documentaries is not politics, but the fact that they are coming out before the job is actually finished. It seems to me that a documentary show about a construction job ought to conclude with the completion of the building. But they seem to be jumping the gun with these. Rise of Freedom is coming out now but T1 will not be open for occupancy for another year at least. And the Discovery Channel one, The Rising, isn't that also coming out before anything will actually be completed?

Of course, it might be 2016 (optimistically) before all six major projects now underway are finished, and one wouldn't want to wait that long to see a documentary about the site. (Heck, it could be a lot longer than that if they waited for tower 5 and the Performing Arts Center.) But one would think they could at least wait for T1 and T4 to be completed before coming out with these self congratulatory shows. It just seems unseemly to me. Like having your graduation party when you are still a sophomore or something.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 4:23 PM

Anyone know how high off the roof the communication ring will be? And How wide each entrance to the lobby is?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 4:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydavid View Post

Not the clearest pictures, but still taken from a nice angle
Wow! It looks HUGE in this picture! I'm very impressed in the work that is being done right now. The WTC is currently soaring above all of the buildings right now in Lower Manhattan.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2011, 4:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman92 View Post
'And How wide each entrance to the lobby is?
They will all vary.

Last edited by JesseNewYorkCity; Jul 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive