HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
green is a combo suite I believe

I remember red was sold blue was cooling off I forgot what green represented

at this rate I cant imagine how this wouldn't proceed way to many investors and were still looking at 7 months before their expected construction start date..

so if both 300 main and sky city start in 2017 we going to have 4 or 5 cranes up along graham ave at the same time.. un heard of... not to mention a jets playoff runn loll

Winnipeg is on the come up I'm telling you
With Summit's two towers maybe 6.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The website shows 380 units. Maybe that's rounded down from 388. If it was 380, they're 1 sale shy. 1 sale and finalizing the hold I guess.

Just counted the board and there's 388. So yeah not at 50% yet.
Possibly 380 when taking into account combo units (4 combos?). So then it would be 184 units sold out of 380.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 3:34 AM

Exterior sign now says 50% sold

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 5:59 PM

Yeah signs be up for a couple weeks now. That's why we're debating how many units were actually sold Then the chart came, so that was awesome.

But yeah, maybe the accounted for combo suites.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
With Summit's two towers maybe 6.
What is this?^

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
What is this?^
Sutton

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 9:18 PM

^Ah, thanks. Got excited for a minute.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2016, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
^Ah, thanks. Got excited for a minute.
Same here... I tweaked my neck with that little double take...

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 12:43 AM

Why...

...Would SkyCity request their $6.5m downtown grant be put on hold? Any ideas?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...394343061.html

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueasajewel View Post

Answer per EPC Report:

"The following reasons for delay were provided verbatim by the developer:

One issue is primarily the sheer size and complexity of the project. We suspect that when the DRDG Program requirements were formulated there was no consideration for a building the size and scope of SkyCity Centre.

At 44 stories with 388 units, the project will take a minimum of 3 years to construct. In addition to the construction duration, the project needs ample time for design, and to achieve the requisite number of sales to trigger construction financing.

 Our 48-month conditional period commenced on January 7, 2015, and with design development of the project and construction of the sales centre, SkyCity Centre didn’t commence sales until September 2015. The SkyCity sales centre located at 275/279 Garry Street is open and to date we are pleased to report that we have had tremendous sales response from Winnipeggers and project to be in a position to trigger construction financing later this year.

 We have commenced preparation of working drawings so that we can go to construction as soon as possible. Our architect has advised that working drawing preparation, and City review process, will likely take us into the early part of 2017 which is when we propose to put a shovel in the ground.

 We are certain that we cannot be substantially complete on or before January 7, 2019. We have a significant investment at risk so to be crystal clear, SkyCity Centre is not a feasible project without the DRDG Program grant."

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 4:29 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueasajewel View Post

The timelines from the province are unduly strict. Development takes a long time in Winnipeg. Many developers are having this issue. Big and small.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 1:52 PM

So, to be crystal clear, they won't be able to construct the building within the required 4 year period? So then what, they're screwed? Or they re-apply so the start date is later?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
So, to be crystal clear, they won't be able to construct the building within the required 4 year period? So then what, they're screwed? Or they re-apply so the start date is later?
I think they will extend the deadline a bit..

at the rate America and Canada are going decreasing jobs, wages and increased taxes, fees, costs of living... all its going to take is interest rates to go up a bit and we going to have chaos... I have a bad feeling about the next 5 years these are some scary times.. people don't have no rights no more... everything we do and write is being recorded and monitored by huge data banks and govt agencies.. people are freely and openly giving up their freedoms and privacies brainwashed by social media.. crumbling economy, raciail tension.. hostility between police and public.. never ending wars.. unpredictable weather.. .. not to mention Canada is in a huge debt right now... the cost of living and housing does not match its gdp... Canada cannot rely on oil and gas no more.. I'm just surprised people aren't more upset with all this bs about MPI planning a massive rate hike.. cell phone companies probably raising prices.. not to mention hydro and property taxes will like go up.. plus there wont be any good new jobs added so people will have less disposable income which will kill even more jobs. and some experts are predicting within a year Canadian dollar could go down to 30 cents american

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:33 PM
BANNED

Perhaps one day soon, global riots will dominate the landscape. Something's gotta give at the rate things are going. So many of us are working harder and not reaping any rewards.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:38 PM

Quote:

at the rate America and Canada are going decreasing jobs, wages and increased taxes, fees, costs of living... all its going to take is interest rates to go up a bit and we going to have chaos... I have a bad feeling about the next 5 years these are some scary times.. people don't have no rights no more... everything we do and write is being recorded and monitored by huge data banks and govt agencies.. people are freely and openly giving up their freedoms and privacies brainwashed by social media.. crumbling economy, raciail tension.. hostility between police and public.. never ending wars.. unpredictable weather.. .. not to mention Canada is in a huge debt right now... the cost of living and housing does not match its gdp... Canada cannot rely on oil and gas no more.. I'm just surprised people aren't more upset with all this bs about MPI planning a massive rate hike.. cell phone companies probably raising prices.. not to mention hydro and property taxes will like go up.. plus there wont be any good new jobs added so people will have less disposable income which will kill even more jobs. and some experts are predicting within a year Canadian dollar could go down to 30 cents american
Well, the Jets are looking good this year.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 2:41 PM

Quote:

Who would have thought that Sky City not being substantially complete by January 2019 was the canary in the coal mine for the total economic collapse of Canada.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway View Post
Who would have thought that Sky City not being substantially complete by January 2019 was the canary in the coal mine for the total economic collapse of Canada.
Forget buying condos, sounds like people should be stockpiling ammo judging by what lilwayne is saying!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 3:10 PM

The sky is falling!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 3:38 PM
BANNED

Sky is failing?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 3:40 PM

ya they might as well build this thing so people can fling themselves off of it when fire and brimstone starts to rain down upon us!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan