HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Aug 16, 2020, 3:24 AM
Mooderator

I was at the marina. Lots of people there. Some kids even brought a radio, but I don't think it was their own music - Forever Young by Alphaville and Take on Me - Aha. Not sure if that was the accompanying music.. don't think it was.. but it fit pretty good.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2020, 3:28 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
I was at the marina. Lots of people there. Some kids even brought a radio, but I don't think it was their own music - Forever Young by Alphaville and Take on Me - Aha. Not sure if that was the accompanying music.. don't think it was.. but it fit pretty good.
No it was not. The music that accompanied the fireworks was all Québécois. (Well, and one song by Acadian band Radio-Radio. Today is Acadia's fête nationale.)

Old Posted Aug 16, 2020, 4:21 AM

My daughter and I watched them from the Plateau. They launched them right next to our house near the new library and Agora. It was neat to see other fireworks in downtown Hull in the distance during our show. I am really impressed with the vision of this fireworks show during Covid, we really enjoyed it.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2020, 6:37 AM

I could actually see them quite well driving up Highway 417 from the Anderson Road exit towards Hunt Club

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 3:22 PM
R2-D2's army of death

We watched from the north end of Tunney' Pasture, at the edge of the parkway. Got to see two launch sites at the same time.
Franky: Ajldub, name calling is what they do when good arguments can't be found - don't sink to their level. Claiming the thread is "boring" is also a way to try to discredit a thread that doesn't match their particular bias.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican-Phoenix View Post
We watched from the north end of Tunney' Pasture, at the edge of the parkway. Got to see two launch sites at the same time.
From Westboro Beach we could see three.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation