HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 12:31 AM

I think this tower looks amazing! Same with 3 WTC. But the main tower lacks something special.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
So does anyone know when steel will begin to go up? or will it have the same "problem" as 3 WTC
This building is stalled until further notice once it reaches street level.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 6:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharmaearth411 View Post
Embark this Special '3' Part Series and Follow the Recent Development and Progress at the New World Trade Center Site!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0QYuOm4_Is" target="_blank">Video Link

Significant Progress is being made at the WTC site everyday! Exclusive (Late December, 2011 - Early January, 2012 Update) Special.

Happy New Year Everybody! - Cheers!
- ASharmaEarth411HD
Significant progress? Well, yeah I hope so? its over 10 years since the twin towers fell. This would have been significant progress 5 years ago, not OVER 10 YEARS after. Look at the Chinese and the building of the Shanghai tower. Gee how many years has it been? Hmmmmmm. And I'm sick of the "there is too much infrastructure and complexity to the sight" excuse. We need to face it. We've lost it. Any drive and pride and determination. I guess its inevitable though.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePDX View Post
Significant progress? Well, yeah I hope so? its over 10 years since the twin towers fell. This would have been significant progress 5 years ago, not OVER 10 YEARS after. Look at the Chinese and the building of the Shanghai tower. Gee how many years has it been? Hmmmmmm. And I'm sick of the "there is too much infrastructure and complexity to the sight" excuse. We need to face it. We've lost it. Any drive and pride and determination. I guess its inevitable though.
If I'm not mistaken, Shanghai's WFC had been proposed since the 90s and was only just completed a couple years ago.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesey View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Shanghai's WFC had been proposed since the 90s and was only just completed a couple years ago.
They started construction in 1997. SWFC is like a mirror image to WTC 2 and 3 in some sense.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Stop complaining. At least we are getting something. Look at One and Four World Trade Center. They are being built while Seven World Trade Center is already done. All you people do is complain. You don't live in NYC right? I hope you aren't one of those ignorant people that believe the World Trade Center is still a hole in the ground and that Lower Manhattan still looks like what it looked like after 9/11.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2012, 8:04 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
They started construction in 1997. SWFC is like a mirror image to WTC 2 and 3 in some sense.
SWFC: 1997 - 2008
ICC: 2002 - 2010

So yeah, two of the most famous Chinese supertalls surely took their time.

Sorry for the OT.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 4:23 AM

Tower 3 sucks ass (thanks to cheap developers)

Don't really give a damn about tower 3 anymore, I just want to see tower 2 buit alongside tower 1. I wish all the focus could have gone to tower 1 and 2 instead of tower 1 and 4. Ugh WHY is there even a tower 4. It could have been scrapped (sold the plot off to private developers, instead of inept gubment) and we'd have two beautiful supertalls rising right now on the site.

But it seems like tower 2 will be the last one built, if ever. Why?!

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 5:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post
Tower 3 sucks ass (thanks to cheap developers)

Don't really give a damn about tower 3 anymore, I just want to see tower 2 buit alongside tower 1. I wish all the focus could have gone to tower 1 and 2 instead of tower 1 and 4. Ugh WHY is there even a tower 4. It could have been scrapped (sold the plot off to private developers, instead of inept gubment) and we'd have two beautiful supertalls rising right now on the site.

But it seems like tower 2 will be the last one built, if ever. Why?!
Six words: The economy sucks butt right now.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
Six words: The economy sucks butt right now.
Check http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/worldtradecenter/

Check Cam # 5

There's steel beams on site and it looks like they're meant for the "above" structure yet I thought this tower was going to stop at street level. Maybe there's more steel going in for the underground structure ?

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerialView View Post
Check http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/worldtradecenter/

Check Cam # 5

There's steel beams on site and it looks like they're meant for the "above" structure yet I thought this tower was going to stop at street level. Maybe there's more steel going in for the underground structure ?
Thought I had heard that they were going to still construct the small structure on the east side of the building. Talked of it being a trading floor or something like that. Glad to see that there is still activity here. They have actually already attached some of the beams to the stubs that are sticking out of the decking.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2012, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401PAS View Post
Thought I had heard that they were going to still construct the small structure on the east side of the building. Talked of it being a trading floor or something like that. Glad to see that there is still activity here. They have actually already attached some of the beams to the stubs that are sticking out of the decking.

Yep, I noticed the steel construction this morning. It will be interesting to see what they do with this one. Definitely above ground level.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2012, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Stop complaining. At least we are getting something. Look at One and Four World Trade Center. They are being built while Seven World Trade Center is already done. All you people do is complain. You don't live in NYC right? I hope you aren't one of those ignorant people that believe the World Trade Center is still a hole in the ground and that Lower Manhattan still looks like what it looked like after 9/11.
No, I know what it looks like NOW. I'm on this thread aren't I? It should have looked like this 6-7 years ago not almost 11 YEARS AFTER the twins fell.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2012, 3:02 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Quote:
No, I know what it looks like NOW. I'm on this thread aren't I? It should have looked like this 6-7 years ago not almost 11 YEARS AFTER the twins fell.
I agree with you,but there's no reason to complain now. Times have changed, and we had to put up with the bullcrap. But now, we are actually building something here, and if the economy gets a little bit better this year, we may see 2 WTC and 3 WTC starting, and the whole complex standing tall by the late 2010s. Besides, this will be built no matter what. New York will keep attracting business, along with the other great world cities, and when there are plans to build class A office space, the tenants will come in ever large numbers, if, again, the economy is roughly stable this year.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2012, 3:35 AM

Quote:
The original World Trade Center was constructed between 1968 and 1987 if you count the buildings that surrounded the Twin Towers. These are both big complexes and they take a long time to build. Just sit and wait and it will be done.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2012, 6:18 AM

Quote:
The original World Trade Center was constructed between 1968 and 1987 if you count the buildings that surrounded the Twin Towers. These are both big complexes and they take a long time to build. Just sit and wait and it will be done.
I don't believe 7 World Trade Center was part of the original design but yes in terms of constructing all the World Trade Center buildings it took that long. If you just count all 6 buildings it was done roughly by 1981.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2012, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
I don't believe 7 World Trade Center was part of the original design but yes in terms of constructing all the World Trade Center buildings it took that long. If you just count all 6 buildings it was done roughly by 1981.
Yeah, 7 started in the mid 80s.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2012, 1:32 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It should have looked like this 6-7 years ago not almost 11 YEARS AFTER the twins fell.
Perhaps if your money was involved it would have. Everyone knows there is no money to build this tower right now, and the constant complaining about it pays for nothing. People should grow up and accept reality here. When the tower can be financed and built - meaning leased - it will be, however many years that may take. End of story.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2012, 2:24 AM

I guess they must have had some purpose for building 4 WTC first alongside 1 WTC. But in my opinion 2WTC should have been built along with 1WTC. I am willing to wait for 3 WTC and 4 WTC which are more nondescript and less visually stunning. But 2 WTC has a beautiful design that would make a great sister tower to building 1. I do hope it gets built sooner rather than later, but tenants in the 3 other towers have to get filled up first. Bummer

Old Posted Jan 30, 2012, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiomals View Post
I guess they must have had some purpose for building 4 WTC first alongside 1 WTC. But in my opinion 2WTC should have been built along with 1WTC. I am willing to wait for 3 WTC and 4 WTC which are more nondescript and less visually stunning. But 2 WTC has a beautiful design that would make a great sister tower to building 1. I do hope it gets built sooner rather than later, but tenants in the 3 other towers have to get filled up first. Bummer
You guys will keep saying that, but it seems like that none of you knows that if Two World Trade Center was built now it would block One World Trade Center. It would destroy the views of One World Trade Center especially in Brooklyn Bridge Park where the view would be blocked. This is one of the worse things that can happen especially since the park is my favorite place to view One World Trade Center in the Lower Manhattan skyline. The only good things that would come out of this is you can see Two World Trade Center built at the park.

Credits to STR.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction