HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 28, 2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Disraili View Post
I know you meant no harm by the post made by Andrea back in 2008, but she passed away last year, and she will be missed very much.

She did? Dang.

Old Posted May 29, 2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
I know you meant no harm by the post made by Andrea back in 2008, but she passed away last year, and she will be missed very much.

Rest in peace...

Old Posted May 29, 2010, 12:43 AM

Well, no harm intended, but it looks like Aunt Bea or something if that's what got so many riled up.

Old Posted May 29, 2010, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybele View Post
Well, no harm intended, but it looks like Aunt Bea or something if that's what got so many riled up.
Were you even here when Andrea still posted?

She was one of the most thoughtful, eloquent posters on this forum. I guess you'll never know.

Old Posted May 29, 2010, 8:28 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

WOW! I have been posting on here since 2002. I believe she had been as well. Didn't know that. What was her age?

Old Posted May 29, 2010, 8:32 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Well, back to Midtown.

I am a person that is really into water elements, because they are soothing, calming, and make a sound that drives out the sounds of the busy city such as traffic. I guess I'll miss that fountain, because I don't think Atlanta has enough fountains or water elements, but don't worry because I'll get over it.

Yeah I agree. That looks like $h*t!!! Why did they remove the fountain? wtf were they thinking?!?!

Old Posted May 29, 2010, 10:11 AM

My understanding is that the whole retail area is being redone and that includes building out to the corner there as well. I know that redevelopment was put on hold, but maybe getting rid of the fountain was a step towards that.

Old Posted May 31, 2010, 3:35 PM

Remembering Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
WOW! I have been posting on here since 2002. I believe she had been as well. Didn't know that. What was her age?
Older than Cher, I believe, but younger than Andy Griffeth. I'm sure we all miss her informed, thoughtful, articulate posts. Well, life goes on...

Last edited by mahanakorn; May 31, 2010 at 3:46 PM.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 1:03 PM

Call me dense but I have seen no activity happening related to building out the space to house the restaurant. I see an art gallery. Am I missing something here? Just don't see why the fountain was the first thing to be taken care of...

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 2:12 AM

^They are actively building the restaurant, you can see it through the windows on the NE side. They also just put up some new decorative planters on the stairs facing 10th street.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 3:12 AM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Quote:

WHAT?!?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2010, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^They are actively building the restaurant, you can see it through the windows on the NE side. They also just put up some new decorative planters on the stairs facing 10th street.
Hmm guess I was just judging by Peachtree - thanks for the confirmation!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2010, 6:11 PM

This is strange! Ok, Andrea and I belonged to the same forum. She was a Moderator and I was a Global Mod. then everything went dark. We have been searching for her eveywhere and then I get an email telling me she passed away, the Trainiac sends me a PM here stating he/she spoke with her last week. Ok, well where is she??????????????????????

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 3:35 AM

I think she lurks among us, yet. Anyone else agree?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 2:35 PM

That fountain was a big "fuck you" to street pedestrians. The patch of grass looks odd but at least I can see the first floor.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLaffinity View Post
That fountain was a big "fuck you" to street pedestrians. The patch of grass looks odd but at least I can see the first floor.
You know I'm going to disagree. Many of the nation's largest cities are careful to always incorporate a water element(s) into their project(s). Besides having a calming effect against the noise, it looks really cool to see the different ways the architects design these water elements.
Sorry you feel it gives you such a bizaare feeling ATLaffinity.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 8:09 PM

Quote:
This is strange! Ok, Andrea and I belonged to the same forum. She was a Moderator and I was a Global Mod. then everything went dark. We have been searching for her eveywhere and then I get an email telling me she passed away, the Trainiac sends me a PM here stating he/she spoke with her last week. Ok, well where is she??????????????????????
post deleted

Last edited by trainiac; Jul 6, 2010 at 7:29 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
You know I'm going to disagree. Many of the nation's largest cities are careful to always incorporate a water element(s) into their project(s). Besides having a calming effect against the noise, it looks really cool to see the different ways the architects design these water elements.
It's fine for buildings that want to keep the city at bay. And they were all designed like that for a long time. Obviously, 999 can't have a barrier like that when they are trying to attract visitors to a marquee restaurant and other shops.

There was zero life at that corner so who was the fountain for? And it was stepped up. You wouldn't just stroll past it unless you worked in the building.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2010, 6:30 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
I agree, I like it better with the fountain. Atlanta needs more fountains and art. I walked through Midtown tonight and 1010 area is looking AWESOME! Once everything gets filled with retail and things like that it's going to really help the Midtown Mile. They started working on CB2!!!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2010, 5:15 PM

Argh! Traffic lights

It appears a traffic signal is being installed at Peachtree St. & 6th St. The base for the pylon on the southwest corner of the intersection is quite large, and essentially blocks the entire sidewalk--which is already incredibly narrow in front of the condo there.

I cannot believe it is really necessary to have a traffic light at every block of Peachtree St. from North Ave. all the way to 13th St.!

Though I suspect one of the excuses for this is the foot traffic across Peachtree St. at 6th, I think this is actually a blow for pedestrians. It's not that great for cyclists, either.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta