HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Evolve in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by androo3 View Post
Hey Volksboi whats your take on the area though. Am I right to think it is west of Central City?
Yea this development is west of central city, about one block from skytrain. I have bought two units in Urban Village. One in there first phase Agenda, and now one in there High rise Ultra.
This development is going to surpase anything being built in Surrey. Its going to be a one billion dollar urban village with 5 highrise towers, and five - seven low to mid rises, mixed with commercial retail. all the buildings will be connected with pathways throughout the property with gardens and water features.
If you are thinking about investing in Central City now is the time. Condo's are still cheaper here then anywhere else, and this area is going to change so much you wont be able to reconize it.
The area its self is still a bit rough not as bad as it used to be, but as all these new developments open up, you will see things start to disapate and no longer be a problem. But ask anyone who grew up in whalley if things have changed and cleaned up already and they will say yes.. and this is just the begining.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksboi View Post
I know scetchy people who live in DT vancouver? Homeless people, drug addicts. No matter where you live, they will be there. I know there are more present in this area at times but if you do a bit of research, you will see that there are major plans for Central City, and see that this area will not be able to be reconized in the coming years. The urban Village is just one example of many to the area. It will have 5 towers, and a number of low rise condos with mixed retail through out connectted with water features, gardens, etc. Its going to be amazing when its finished!
i know that dear

its still surrey and its never been a nice area - but i am sure it will turn around in 10-20 years

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
i know that dear

its still surrey and its never been a nice area - but i am sure it will turn around in 10-20 years
lol where do you live? The reason I ask is because surrey is a big city in which I grew up in, yes it has its problem areas but you can not brand all of surrey bad because of some bad pockets. you say 10-20 years, I say 5-10...as do the thousands apon thousands of investors currently investing in Central City. But each to there own!
Cheers

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 5:32 AM

You know I totally agree with you but I am looking more at Gateway over Central City eventhough it is deeper in to whalley.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 5:44 AM

Another solid proposal for Surrey, you guys should have a pretty decent skyline in a few years.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by androo3 View Post
You know I totally agree with you but I am looking more at Gateway over Central City eventhough it is deeper in to whalley.
Ultra is only two blocks from CityPoint....go on the city of surreys website and translinks website and see where there focus area is. it starts are the central city tower and goes out from there. If you going to invest, the closer you are to there the better the return.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
Pessimistic Capricorn

The crane for Ultra is set up. If anyone is in Surrey and wants an idea of where Ultra will be, just look for the yellow crane. I'll try and get a few shots of the site within a couple weeks as I finally got a digital camera.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2007, 11:50 PM
Website Manager

Ultra's the one furthest to the left, isn't it?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 2:03 AM
be nice to the crackheads

This will be the tallest outside of Vancouver, no?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 5:26 AM

^ I believe for now, until Sky Towers that is. I've seen the crane so shouldn't this be changed to u/c?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 5:40 AM

I will be in that area tomorrow and I will get some pics. the crane that just went up with to start off phase one and two ( Agenda and Element ) and they just started clearing all the land for Ultra. and yes it will be the tallest tower outside of vancouver untill sky tower is complete.. but this development has a few surprises up its sleave that will over shadow sky towers... keep your eyes open for it

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 5:42 AM

and i mean future phases.....

Old Posted Jan 6, 2008, 9:08 AM

Just FYI I have spoken with the developer and Ultra (due to its grade elevation) will be the highest tower in Surrey. Their future planned 42 storey tower in Urban Village will beat anything outside of Vancouver hands down. This location is now being branded as the University District by the City of Surrey and it looks like it will be the hub. We all know what happens with university properties...........huge premiums, so you made a great buy Volsboi, it certainly overshadows the rest, well done. Also interesting to hear from the developer that they sell their own product without realtors and they are really on top of their construction costs. They held back units to release later (no fast sell outs) so they can guarentee to produce a first class finished product (no returned deposits). They received huge accolades from the Canadian Homebuilders Association for their marketing strategy. Nice to hear of a solid developer. I also learned that they are the third largest builder in Arizona.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2008, 9:34 PM

And thats why I bought with confidence! Cant wait to get into the first place! and see all the furture phases.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 12:27 AM
Pessimistic Capricorn

What is this? Surrey actually has an honest developer building something in this city? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 10:44 PM

The wild thing about Westone (the developer of Ultra, et al.) is that it is headed by a guy still in his 20s. Makes me feel a little inadequate I must say.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 11:16 PM

As promised, sorry for the delay...

This is the Agenda, Element and Ultra site. Currently under construction is Agenda and Element.

Below is the Ultra site, the houses have been torn down and they have started to clear the land.

The Urban Village is a HUGE project and sits on a large peace of land. This picture is taken from 104, looking towards 102 where the property ends.

These pictures are from a few weeks ago, I will be back in a couple weeks with some new pics!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 1:49 AM

Thanks!

Is Ultra still at the proposal stage or has it been approved?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 1:56 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Great updates. Thanks.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 2:00 AM

Nice pictures thanks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley