HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
I agree. The grey paintjob is hardly an improvement. Now, it's going to create endless maintenance headaches. Plus, the Portage facing office portion is still the original orange brick. It looks worse now, IMHO.
My first thought when I saw what they did to the 2 buildings was that they looked like something from the old Soviet era.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:52 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

shitty paint job to boot

prolly painted it cause the brick needed work

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:30 PM
Ignore these four words.

Saw this in the news last night. NIMBYs are out again. They're opposing 4 storey units but their placards are very misleading.

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/homeowner...ment-1.3432530

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:48 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

^ I guess showing a measly 4 storey apartment building on your placards won't win you much sympathy... better to conjure up some nonexistent highrise instead.

Promising news in the story, though:

Quote:
The developer said the poster is false and misleading, and the zoning allows for a four-storey building.

In an email to CTV Winnipeg Saturday, Landstar Development Corporation said the apartment only uses two thirds of the legally allowed density, and reduced the number of units to alleviate traffic concerns.

Old Posted Today, 3:01 PM

Is a high density residential unit in WSP suddenly making urban sprawl acceptable on these forums?

Old Posted Today, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
I agree. The grey paintjob is hardly an improvement. Now, it's going to create endless maintenance headaches. Plus, the Portage facing office portion is still the original orange brick. It looks worse now, IMHO.
So this isn't stained brick? They just painted it? That seems insane to me. They're going to be up there every few years repainting.

Old Posted Today, 4:35 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post
So this isn't stained brick? They just painted it? That seems insane to me. They're going to be up there every few years repainting.
called being cheap the landlord is famouse for this i know lots people that have lived there and had nothing but problems

Old Posted Today, 4:56 PM

I think that's a infinite improvement.

Whites and grays go well with sharp, squared and boring shapes. It looks much newer now and it's way better than brown/red.

Maybe another colour could have been a touch better, but only a little. Darker colours would have likely highlighted the flaws more as well as been more expensive. I'd say we should be grateful it was updated... assuming that was optional for them.

Old Posted Today, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post

Whites and grays go well with sharp, squared and boring shapes. It looks much newer now and it's way better than brown/red.

Maybe another colour could have been a touch better, but only a little. Darker colours would have likely highlighted the flaws more as well as been more expensive. I'd say we should be grateful it was updated... assuming that was optional for them.
I on the other hand always appreciated that complex BECAUSE it had some colour. Almost everything else is that drab biege or grey. Now, more grey.

Old Posted Today, 5:27 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post

till u get closer to it

and why is gray such a fad right now blah

Old Posted Today, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
I on the other hand always appreciated that complex BECAUSE it had some colour. Almost everything else is that drab biege or grey. Now, more grey.

Old Posted Today, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Is a high density residential unit in WSP suddenly making urban sprawl acceptable on these forums?
It may be in WSP but it's still inside the perimeter on existing infrastructure. Essentially an infill for that area AND it's zoned for it already so I don't understand what the problem is? This zoning was there before the new houses went up in the area so I don't feel bad for the area residents who will see this "massive" traffic increase in their area. I like the plan personally.

Old Posted Today, 7:13 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

^ It would be great if we could wave a magic wand and stop all residential development outside city limits, but since that isn't an option, density in such a way that makes efficient use of infrastructure is the next best thing.

Old Posted Today, 8:35 PM

God those people are ridiculous. Like, you're not gonna be able to raise your child properly because there's one small 4-story apartment at the end of the block? FFS

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan