HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 5:17 AM
Man of Many Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorenza View Post
McCain's a fiscal maverick. He will bitch at congress.

Unlike BabyDaddy, I have no problem with globalism because it provides the benefits of various trading partners' comparative advantages, resulting in the best value for money. However, there are US workers displaced by it. They are making a lot less income.
Well in the 90's incomes rose despite globalism. Not so with the Bush economic plan. I'm not sure the types of jobs that we are losing are the high paying ones anyway. I'm for globalism as well.

McCain is saying the same things Bush said in 2000. It is what the GOP says to get elected because it sounds good to have your taxes lowered and to think that the government is going to grant you more freedom by getting smaller. The reality is that the Bush administration's priority was to stay in power. I'm at a lost as to what exactly to say about them. They ruined government. I don't care what idealogical leanings you have because this has nothing to do with that. They destroyed the balance of the three branches. They lost the trust of the American people and now few even bother listening to the president. An entire generation marred by recession, fear, and war. I'm not sure how to adequately characterize it.

I could actually support McCain if he stood up to any of this, but he is silent and complacent about what the administration has done. He might have been a maverick once but now he is most definitely not. He isn't outraged or even bothered by it and that is why someone like me, who would have no problem voting GOP if they stood by their ideals, is now a registered democrat.

Last edited by dante2308; Jun 13, 2008 at 5:27 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 5:20 AM
Man of Many Statistics

By the way, Obama is not a tax and spend democrat as people like to paint him. He is proposing a host of tax cuts and budget cuts. I am more inclined to believe him because he is the undisputed leader of the democratic party and has already changed it. What exactly has McCain used his position to do?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 6:26 AM
Reliable Source

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 6:48 AM
Man of Many Statistics

Quote:
Human Events is the same site that called Obama's fist bump a Hezbolah-style fist jab. I hope you don't get your information from them. I refuse to entertain that level of ineptitude and I am frankly ashamed that you would link me to there. That site is notorious for racially charged articles and radical far right slants that would make Fox News blush. I refuse to read that link you gave me and I would ask that you examine your sources of information before you embarrass yourself by linking me to them.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 9:05 AM

Last edited by Andrea; Jun 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 12:56 PM

I don't like obama because I have not heard people question him enough and when people do his supporters act like you are the bad guy and your a racist just the fact that he is won proves that ther is just as much racism as ever because quite a bit of people are voting on his just because he's black seriously who gives a F*** If he is going to be the first black white mix president from Indonesia Im wating for the first hispanic president or woman president that should have came long before him percentage wise.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 1:11 PM
Reliable Source

Folks, Human Events is a partisan source (GOP), but so is Tax Policy Institute (Democrat).

Dante, I have never read anything overtly racist at Human Events.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 1:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Folks, Human Events is a partisan source (GOP), but so is Tax Policy Institute (Democrat).

Dante, I have never read anything overtly racist at Human Events.
For the life of me Fiorenza I can't understand how a smart guy like you is falling for McCain's lies. He has flipped more on his positions than a gymnast at the Chinese Summer Olympics. Please tell me why you believe this con.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 1:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin242 View Post
people are voting on his just because he's black
So, how is this different from anything else? Seriously, if you think Republicans would have voted for Bush if he was a democrat think again. People vote for what they know...race, party lines and sex. Look, you got Fiorenza on here who is voting for McCain, the most liberal Republican in Congress. Is Fiorenza a liberal?, hell no. All Fiorenza knows is the Republican talking points and as long as McCain keeps saying them, then Fiorenza will buy what he is selling. So sell your propaganda somewhere else.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 2:40 PM
Man of Many Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin242 View Post
I don't like obama because I have not heard people question him enough and when people do his supporters act like you are the bad guy and your a racist just the fact that he is won proves that ther is just as much racism as ever because quite a bit of people are voting on his just because he's black seriously who gives a F*** If he is going to be the first black white mix president from Indonesia Im wating for the first hispanic president or woman president that should have came long before him percentage wise.
Wow. First off, he's not from Indonesia. He is from Hawaii and spent three years in Indonesia growing up. Secondly, more people have indicated that they voted against him because he is black than for him him because he is black.

I think he oratory skills is what gave him a lot of his credentials over and above the rest of the bunch considering that all their policies were basically the same. Might as well vote for the one that made reporters wet their pants.

It is not about him waiting his turn either. I think people fail to understand that Obama was actually the best democratic candidate. Black people have run before and have always failed. Obama not only succeeded, but he managed to outmaneuver the Clinton machine in ways that they could not conceive of or overcome in the whitest of states. Lets be clear, Obama has already defeated the largest and probably the most ruthless political machine.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 3:14 PM

Last edited by Andrea; Jun 15, 2008 at 9:53 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 3:19 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 3:25 PM
Reliable Source

Here's an Ann Coulter observation: In January 1992, James Carville told Steve Daley of The Chicago Tribune that it had gotten to the point that the press was complaining about Clinton's "constant talk of change."

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 3:45 PM
Urban Explorer

Lest we forget, the Congress approves the budget, so "Obama's" or "McCain's" tax plan will be at the mercy of the Congress. As it is, the Democratic majority in Congress has worked up a budget plan that will get us back to surplus by 2011. We still have a long way to go to atone for the $10 trillion+ debt we still have (thanks, Bush), but it's a start. Call the Democrats what you want, but right now they are the fiscal conservatives.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 3:58 PM
Reliable Source

Folks, regarding fiscal policy, let's see how the rhetoric develops over the next 5 months. Let's have some debates. I think we'll learn a lot more in the interim.

OK, I'm done with election year politics on this blog.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 4:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Folks, regarding fiscal policy, let's see how the rhetoric develops over the next 5 months. Let's have some debates. I think we'll learn a lot more in the interim.

OK, I'm done with election year politics on this blog.
No you are not!!! Stand up for your candidate, WOMAN (I wanted to say a female body part, but I know Andrea reads this)!!!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 4:09 PM
Reliable Source

If you want to compare me to a female body part, let's just say that body part is lesbian and would do it but not with you or Dante.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 5:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
If you want to compare me to a female body part, let's just say that body part is lesbian and would do it but not with you or Dante.
Would the lesbian have to be conservative and do you think she should be able to marry her partner?

Stop getin' your conservative feathers ruffled Fiorenza, we are just playin' with ya!

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 5:20 PM

Last edited by Andrea; Jun 15, 2008 at 9:53 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 5:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
The Democrats are now the conservatives, at least compared to the Republicans.
....the student is now the teacher!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta