HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 3:40 PM

It's not Bel-Air, it is Fred's owner.

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
Apparently Targets Fried Chicken is re-opening in June after whats seems like more than a decade since it was last open.
I passed by there last night and there was activity inside, what looked like renovations, as well as activity around the property. I also noticed the for sale sign has been removed. It will be interesting if they were able to purchase the recipe from the former owners, from what I understand that was one of the issues for people who attempted to purchase the property in the past.
Either way, it is nice to see that the restaurant will re-open, hopefully they will be able to make it work.

Glad to hear that. It might not just be the recipe that was the issue he tried to sell it along with the Neighboring house(they owned), and 2-4 unit buildings on South Cove Road for the longest time. Maybe people looking at the restaurant din't want all the extra work of the house (looks to be divided into units), and the 2 fourplex along with the work you need to put in to run a restaurant. It would be a lot of work, and I noticed today the 2 fourplex are listed to be sold together with nothing else attached.

Note: Not everyone looking into being a business owner want to live next door, and become a landlord as well.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 12:55 PM

I stumbled across this while trying to see what the new projects for Shediac are this year.
https://shediac.ca/images/Shediac_An...spaper_Map.jpg

It shows a map of lands that were annexed along highway 15 next to Scoudouc. This would include lands that are going to be rezoned highway commercial. It had been rumoured for some time that Shediac was going to annex Scoudouc but according to this map they haven't. I guess that it would still be a possibility in the future but for now it looks like they have just taken the lands next to the highway.

Here is the link to their website where they talk about the rezoning/development plans of those lands.
https://shediac.ca/images/Proposed_a...s_25_avril.pdf

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 3:15 PM

A few years ago (four or five) they annexed the land all the way to the Scoudouc border.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
A few years ago (four or five) they annexed the land all the way to the Scoudouc border.
Do they still have the weird line of annexed land or did they annex anymore...

I'm asking because there where previous talks I do believe it was 4-5 years back of Annexing Scoudouc, and I believe Haute-Aboujagane was supposed to be annexed in these plans as well...

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 8:24 PM

To my knowledge they never planned to annex Scoudouc, just up to the border which they have done with provincial approval. It's all wooded land - no homes.
I don't know anything about Haut-Aboujagane. Never heard about that at all.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 9:43 PM

I wonder if a connector road will ever get built to Old Shediac Road from that interchange?

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I wonder if a connector road will ever get built to Old Shediac Road from that interchange?
There is activity again this spring on the lot where the road would go through, but I don't think that there is any intention to connect it with the over pass right now. The road curves to the right and doesn't go into the woods. I'm not sure what is going on, unless they are planning on subdividing the lots and building a small subdivision.

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 3:39 PM

where is the road you are talking about on the new highway 11/15 connector?

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 4:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
where is the road you are talking about on the new highway 11/15 connector?
The interchange to nowhere (Scoudouc Industrial Park).

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 6:28 PM

I cannot see them extending the Scoudou exchange to the old Shediac road as it goes across farmland and they would have to buy out the farms to get to a empty country road. if there were a few more businesses there I could see the possibility.

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 6:30 PM

Quote:
I cannot see them extending the Scoudou exchange to the old Shediac road as it goes across farmland and they would have to buy out the farms to get to a empty country road. if there were a few more businesses there I could see the possibility.
It's only 1km, so I can't see why they wouldn't.

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 7:08 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

From Google Maps, it looks like nothing but trees between the overpass and the old Shediac Road.

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 7:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
It's only 1km, so I can't see why they wouldn't.
Agree, and it would open new terrain for development too.

It would also allow for the only direct connection between the Shediac Road and the Scoudouc Road too. I think that would count for something as well.

Right now, the existing overpass and interchange makes little sense. If it's going to exist, let's at least make it as relevant as possible.......

Old Posted May 30, 2017, 8:22 PM

Quote:
I'm fairy certain there was news on here recently that it was being built this/next year. I must be mistaken since nobody else seems to think so.

Old Posted May 31, 2017, 12:06 PM

It is possible, there are 3 rock trucks a dozer and an excavator on the site where the road would connect. They have been bringing stone and gravel from the pit that is near the Scoudouc exit. I'm not sure how the road will connect when you look at it is loops to the right from the Shediac road and doesn't appear like it is going to head towards the ramp, but there might be something else going on.

Old Posted May 31, 2017, 3:21 PM

having thought about it, and seeing others posts, it does seem that extending this road to the Shediac road does has its advantages to the long term growth of Shediac and Metro Moncton.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 4:44 AM

Quote:
having thought about it, and seeing others posts, it does seem that extending this road to the Shediac road does has its advantages to the long term growth of Shediac and Metro Moncton.
Yeah I can't really think of any negative effects of the road. It seems like such a no brainer to me!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 11:40 AM

There were two large dump trucks and a road grader on the site this morning.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 12:29 PM

Target's Fried Chicken is now called Lenny's and the renovations look almost complete, I'm guessing they want to be open before the end of the month to cash in on the summer tourist season.

Fisherman's also looks close to opening, I didn't notice if they had a date on their sign or not. I have heard rumours that they plan on opening in June as well. It will be nice to have all the restaurants in the town open again, it has been a long time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces