HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 6:00 PM

Does anyone have the link to the interactive map of Atlanta that shows every single building's age?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 9:40 PM

Anyways- anyone have more detail about the two phase, $80million adaptive reuse of the property to the east of west end Marta station?? I found it interesting they aren’t planning to tear anything down. That property could build out a whole new neighborhood, with decent density, and have direct access to MARTA

“A more than 1 million-square-foot former cotton warehouse in southwest Atlanta built by Coca-Cola founder Asa Candler is set for an $80 million investment and makeover into creative office space and residential units.

The project is led by Atlanta real estate developer Carter, which has the 40-acre property by the West End MARTA station and Beltline Westside Trail under contract and set to close May 31.

Carter plans to spend about $50 million to buy the massive warehouse, which covers 40 acres just south of Interstate 20 in the rapidly gentrifying Adair Park neighborhood...

...Carter may pour $30 million into the first phase, including up to 200,000 square feet of new office and flex space. Plans call for the renovation of up to 400,000 square feet in the first phase.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...tml#g/431958/1

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 12:26 AM
Closed account

In an attempt to steer the discussion back on topic...

It looks like Amazon certainly has Home Depot shook. I wonder if they know something about HQ2 that we don't?

Home Depot is launching its biggest tech hiring spree ever to protect its lead over Amazon

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/18/home...er-amazon.html

"With a stock price that has increased 135 percent over the last five years, Home Depot remains one of the few giant brick-and-mortar retailers to find success in the age of Amazon.

Now, the $200 billion home improvement retailer is going on the biggest technology hiring spree in its history to try to maintain that edge.

Home Depot plans to add more than 1,000 new hires to its technology teams in 2018, the company will announce on Wednesday, to support an $11 billion multi-year investment plan to extend its lead in brick-and-mortar retail over competitors like Lowe's and fend off increased competition from Amazon and other online players. The company has approximately 2,800 employees in technology roles today.

The hires will span roles such as software engineering, user experience design, network engineering and product management, and be located predominately in the company's Atlanta, Austin and Dallas technology offices, the company said."

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 6:18 AM
Jamie Jordan

Atlanta Development Map

Since I'm a pretty big development nerd, and since I wasn't pleased with any of the existing maps that track development projects throughout the city, I created my own map for tracking. I did one map city-wide, to be able to see all activity in one place. I've included projects currently under construction, planned projects (that actually appear to have a viable chance of coming to fruition), recently completed projects, and then lastly are plots of land that I believe are prime for redevelopment given the current market activity. I wanted to do this to show the tremendous amount of opportunity for development/redevelopment that still remains in the city. This layer alone shows just how much room for growth we still have.

Obviously this is still a work in progress, and I will be constantly updating and adding to this in my free time; however, I figured I would share it in case it could be useful/interesting to anyone else. If you have suggestions or corrections to anything you see on it, or if you see any major projects that I'm currently missing, please feel free to let me know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uo...Mt&usp=sharing

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 12:18 PM

This is amazing. Excellent work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan1023 View Post
Since I'm a pretty big development nerd, and since I wasn't pleased with any of the existing maps that track development projects throughout the city, I created my own map for tracking. I did one map city-wide, to be able to see all activity in one place. I've included projects currently under construction, planned projects (that actually appear to have a viable chance of coming to fruition), recently completed projects, and then lastly are plots of land that I believe are prime for redevelopment given the current market activity. I wanted to do this to show the tremendous amount of opportunity for development/redevelopment that still remains in the city. This layer alone shows just how much room for growth we still have.

Obviously this is still a work in progress, and I will be constantly updating and adding to this in my free time; however, I figured I would share it in case it could be useful/interesting to anyone else. If you have suggestions or corrections to anything you see on it, or if you see any major projects that I'm currently missing, please feel free to let me know.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
From Reddit, Spoiler for being massive:
uh... what is the meaning of this?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Forumer View Post
uh... what is the meaning of this?
It's simply a beautiful, not-often seen perspective of the Midtown skyline and its progress. He hid it under a spoiler because it's a huge picture. Nothing else.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
It's simply a beautiful, not-often seen perspective of the Midtown skyline and its progress. He hid it under a spoiler because it's a huge picture. Nothing else.
Ah ok.. I have to admit it does look nice.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 7:09 PM

Quote:

Fantastic. I've missed the dev.map or whatever it's called ever since it stopped being updated regularly. It's a huge undertaking.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 8:05 PM
BANNED

BREAKING: Developer Plans Atlanta's 1st 'Airbnb Hotel' - O4W

http://product.costar.com/home/news/...90081?market=1

Quote:
RCC, LLC of Atlanta has filed plans to develop a nine-story, boutique hotel with 98-110 keys in Atlanta's Old Fourth Ward. The hotel would be designed specifically to attract Airbnb users. RCC's representative John Schiavone heads Catholic Construction Services, and as such, is the director of real estate for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta. It is unclear exactly what role the Catholic Church would play in the planned development.
Quote:
The mixed-use development proposed by RCC also would be centered at the intersection of Boulevard SE and Gartrell St., which today houses a single-story convenience store. In addition to the hotel, the mixed-use development would comprise two office buildings totaling 119,763 square feet of space, 12 townhomes and 3,444 square feet of retail, according to an application for a special exemption to reduce the off-street parking requirements to 275 from the 595 required by city zoning laws.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 10:02 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
BREAKING: Developer Plans Atlanta's 1st 'Airbnb Hotel' - O4W
Quote:
In addition to the hotel ... 12 townhomes...
Interesting development! But I would hesitate to buy a nice townhome next to 100s of what has gained the reputation of "rude guests" in other cities though!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
I can confirm that Selig is working with the Midtown DRC on 1125 Peachtree. I saw a committee member holding a packet of documents from Selig titled "1125 Peachtree" at the DRC meeting on Tuesday as they came out of the non-public meeting immediately before the public meeting.
1125 Peachtree: They were doing site surveys every day last week and today are taking soil samples.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:39 PM

- Construction fencing for The Mark (10th & Spring) is going up today. Dominoes is closed.
- Most of the construction fencing along 10th for Hanover is down. Landscaping is going in along 10th, lots of work along W. Peachtree still
-Nobody on the Opus2 site this week so far
-Confirm 1125 soil testing

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 6:53 PM

Quote:

Wow, great job. Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 7:12 PM

Can anyone give any details around the project on Glen Iris and Boulevard Place NE? I think I read somewhere a long time ago that townhomes were slated for the lot, but I've not seen rendering nor seen mention of a developer.

Construction on the site is well underway and they have cleared tons of old growth trees as well as moved a lot of dirt. Any insight is appreciated.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 7:46 PM

The Mark looks to be a pretty good size and could have a decent presence in the area.

Are there any renderings of the tower in the skyline?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 8:57 PM

Dominoes has closed and the whole block for the Mark on 10th and Spring is surrounded with construction fencing

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Dominoes has closed and the whole block for the Mark on 10th and Spring is surrounded with construction fencing
Wow, that's huge! It was literally 2 weeks ago when I walked by and "NOW HIRING" signs were all over the place.

Where is The Mark with permitting?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
Wow, that's huge! It was literally 2 weeks ago when I walked by and "NOW HIRING" signs were all over the place.

Where is The Mark with permitting?
How many floors, I guess I counted about 29-30???

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
How many floors, I guess I counted about 29-30???
reported at 29 floors. Should be +/- 50-70 feet taller than Aqua next door which is 25 floors and about 278 feet tall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations