HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 11:25 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmo View Post
Are you going to counter his argument or just post pictures? His reasoning is quite sound, even if you don't agree with the politics of it all, his argument is sound.

More attention should be put largely on the breakdown of local police, national guard and lawmakers who did not do their jobs. The police and national guard outnumber the protests 2:1 and lawmakers meddled in attempting to prevent law enforcement from keeping the peace. There was a breakdown in leadership that lead to a person getting killed, that is the real crime in all of this hysteria right now that not many people are not discussing. The Mayor of the town chose politics versus keeping his town secure.
This conspiracy theory peddled by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh has been proven to be false. The mayor of Charlottesville has no authority to stop the police chief from doing anything.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 11:35 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
No surprise at the repeated cutting off of conversation with people who disagree with you.

You and rousseau and others seem to take comfort in the delusion that anyone who would dare politically disagree with you must be stupid ignorant red neck morally repugnant "trolls".

Best keep to your safe space and only respond to the most easily debunked outrageous comments coming from the loudest empty cans on the other side. C'est la vie - that's how politics works these days.
Poor right wing martyr! How dare people demand a denouncement of nazis from the President of the United States! Political Correctness! Social Justice Warriors! Safe spaces!!!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
This conspiracy theory peddled by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh has been proven to be false. The mayor of Charlottesville has no authority to stop the police chief from doing anything.
Thatt still does not take away that law enforcement didn't do those jobs.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Poor right wing martyr! How dare people demand a denouncement of nazis from the President of the United States! Political Correctness! Social Justice Warriors! Safe spaces!!!
Ah yes, let's keep pretending Trump never denounced anything

Video Link

I wonder if the strategy of talking about Russia and Nazis for 4 years is really going to pay off for the Democrats. It seems there are more pertinent issues to keep in the spotlight - not the least of which are climate change and the economy.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
How dare people demand a denouncement of nazis from the President of the United States!
There wasn't even a need to demand it to get it...

... and now that we all agree with Trump on this, I suppose we can move on?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 12:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmo View Post
Are you going to counter his argument or just post pictures? His reasoning is quite sound, even if you don't agree with the politics of it all, his argument is sound.

More attention should be put largely on the breakdown of local police, national guard and lawmakers who did not do their jobs. The police and national guard outnumber the protests 2:1 and lawmakers meddled in attempting to prevent law enforcement from keeping the peace. There was a breakdown in leadership that lead to a person getting killed, that is the real crime in all of this hysteria right now that not many people are not discussing. The Mayor of the town chose politics versus keeping his town secure.
Okay now I wouldn't go that far, the fuzz picking sides is nothing new and it does not make one ram their car into a crowd. If someone died during the melee, I'd agree.

This is not to make excuses for the police but rather to draw attention to the world we're living in: what the police did to the G20 protesters in Toronto is far more reprehensible than the fairly basic trickery in Charlottesville.

Last edited by JM5; Aug 18, 2017 at 1:05 AM.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 1:07 AM

Quote:

Video Link

I wonder if the strategy of talking about Russia and Nazis for 4 years is really going to pay off for the Democrats. It seems there are more pertinent issues to keep in the spotlight - not the least of which are climate change and the economy.
What difference does it make what or who he denounces? He's a pathological liar who says whatever it takes to get what he wants. How do you not see that, and how is it possible to defend someone like him? Once again, the issue is Trump's low moral character. It's not Democrats vs Republicans, it's sane people vs an unstable, inhumane person who was elected President of the most powerful country on the planet.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 1:17 AM

Step 1: Why doesn't Trump disavow??!?!

Step 2: What does it matter if Trump does or does not disavow?!?!?

Step 3: How can anyone possibly think there is anything positive about this politician who I happen to disagree with?!?!?

I would rather respond with no politician is perfect, and people choose to support politicians they do because those politicians get "the major things right" versus what they happen to get wrong.

I will redirect back to this post I made before the election.

Regardless, this asinine pretence that no one in the history of the world can possibly like or defend a politician you personally don't agree with is absurd, and is causing a descent into outrageous rhetoric such as calling Trump a fascist Nazi which I can assure you is doing absolutely nothing to help get a Democrat elected in 2020.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 1:23 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:

Step 3: How can anyone possibly think there is anything positive about this politician who I happen to disagree with?!?!?

I would rather respond with no politician is perfect, and people choose to support politicians they do because those politicians get "the major things right" versus what they happen to get wrong.

Regardless, this asinine pretence that no one in the history of the world can possibly like or defend a politician you personally don't agree with is absurd, and is causing a descent into outrageous rhetoric such as calling Trump a fascist Nazi which I can assure you is doing absolutely nothing to help get a Democrat elected in 2020.

Not that I want it to happen but...

"Trump 2020: you better believe it!"

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 1:27 AM

Quote:

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 1:52 AM
Fake News

Quote:

Video Link

Yes and him reversing course the next day completely undid the scripted speech he was forced to give the day before. I also like how he claimed to be waiting for the facts before weighing in but as soon as the news of the Barcelona attack came out he denounced all muslims and suggested committing a war crime against them was the way to handle it. No double speak there at all.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 1:56 AM
Fake News

Quote:

Dear Lord! I am so sick of Trump defenders acting like he is no different from any other president before him. Quit pretending things are perfectly normal and it's the Democrats who are making it abnormal and not Trump's base of white supremacists which he pretends don't exist. Not all Trump supporters are racist but 100% of racists are Trump supporters.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 2:01 AM

Logan5, you seem unusually obsessed with diverting all conversation away from policy and focusing wholly on playing armchair psychologist and diagnosing Trump's mental state.

If Trump's so called "unstable mental state" is having a material impact to policy, than you should be able to point to actual policy, executive orders, and associated decisions which you don't agree with.

If Trump's so called "unstable mental state" is not having any material effect on actual executive office policy, than you are simply admitting you have fully embraced the base primal juvenile mindset of focusing on gossip over all else.

In either case, the only excuse for not talking about policy is that you have given yourself fully to the world of bread and circuses.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Dear Lord! I am so sick of Trump defenders acting like he is no different from any other president before him. Quit pretending things are perfectly normal and it's the Democrats who are making it abnormal and not Trump's base of white supremacists which he pretends don't exist. Not all Trump supporters are racist but 100% of racists are Trump supporters.
Every political party has some fringe set of supporters that are out of step with society norms.

Perhaps given the choice of Democrats and Republican the majority of racists support Republicans. Perhaps not. That is not important. It is how the party plays to the constituency. Does the party and its leadership amplify that position or dismiss it. In the case of Trump, he has managed to become a catalyst for these groups to develop. That is very sad.

Most of the other leadership of the Republican party distance themselves from these fringe groups as they should.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 3:12 AM
I am a typical

If Donald Trump has disavowed white supremacists, why do they continually insist that his agenda is their agenda?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 3:23 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
If Donald Trump has disavowed white supremacists, why do they continually insist that his agenda is their agenda?
Because they conflate nationalism with white supremacy. The two are not the same, but white supremacists are also often nationalists.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Not that I want it to happen but...

"Trump 2020: you better believe it!"
After the last few days, even "Trump, 2019" would mark you as an optimist!

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 3:32 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM5 View Post
Because they conflate nationalism with white supremacy. The two are not the same, but white supremacists are also often nationalists.
It's more than that. His excuse stating the anti fascist protesters inflamed the situation and were equally to blame was praised by David Duke and also used by white supremacists before he took the podium. His talking points are their talking points. His xenophobia is their xenophobia. They embrace Trump over any Republican candidate before him. He welcomes it and gives them tacit support.

Last edited by O-tacular; Aug 18, 2017 at 3:59 AM.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
The answer is obvious (if you ask why they say in the media he hasn't really disavowed them) - it lends them legitimacy to claim that the President of the United States supports them.

For example, if I had my own sect, it would be advantageous for me to brag that Justin Trudeau is one of my converts. And even after he points out publicly that he isn't and denounces me as a nutcase, it's still advantageous for me to continue to claim it, especially if my other potential followers are generally not that well informed and might actually believe it.

From the point of view of these groups, it's more productive not to admit that Trump has disavowed them.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 4:05 AM

Quote:

Video Link

His own party is denouncing him over his statements about Charlottesville. As is much of Conservative media, including James bloody Murdoch http://www.avclub.com/article/fox-ce...ocialMarketing.

Anyways, why wouldn't the Democrats run on issues like Trump's tacit support for Neo-Nazis or the criminal investigation into his dealings with a hostile foreign power? First, those are absolutely insane things to be connected with a President, sitting or former. Insane. Second, he hasn't accomplished a single legislative achievement to run against. He's a lame duck president with all branches of government under his party's control. There has never been a failure in the oval office so blindingly apparent to anyone willing to pay attention. Just ask one of the most conservative politicians in the Senate http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...41751?lo=ap_a1

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada